[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
Looks like CDPR really went with "thanks for your money, now we don't care anymore". Currently there are two huge threads on their official forums dedicated to Switch version. This one, and the one about adding option to disable antialiasing or enable sharpening officially, without mods. In both cases, no reaction from developers at all. Not here, not on support sites not even on social sites. And it looks like response to such e-mails is also stoping. Almost month from the release...

Im Polish but i live in the UK. Recently i bought the cartridge version of Witcher 3 for switch in a local shop and i was surprised to learn that i cannot download Polish audio. I dont have a problem with understanding english dubbing, but polish dubbing of Witcher 3 is simply better & funnier so i would prefer it over english dub. Right now im playing the game with english audio, but i feel like loosing some of the dialogue nuances and references to the original books.
Actually CDP saying that the game is "not region free" blows my mind. Since when Poland is not in European region? One could even say that Poland and the UK are same state - European Union. How can this be a different region for a game developer? Also, there are large polish minorities in different European countries, 2M Poles in Germany, 1M Poles in France, almost a million in the UK, also huge Polish diasporas in Sweden, Ireland, Italy. All those people are unable to play W3 on Switch in their mothers tongue, and as Polish and EU versions of W3 cost roughly same money, there's literally no reason to prevent them from doing so.
I could understand if we would be talking about an exotic country and exotic language - CDP not understanding the importance of including the language in the game, a lot of extra effort requiring to add the language, etc. But CDP is a Polish company and Polish is the language the game was being developed in.

Hi there I have an issue with subtitles in witcher 3. I have physical version of the game and I downloaded patch 3.4 but subtitles totally missing in the game. Thank you for your help.
IMG_20191128_232524.jpg

Hi there I have an issue with subtitles in witcher 3. I have physical version of the game and I downloaded patch 3.4 but subtitles totally missing in the game. Thank you for your help.View attachment 11022242
I suppose this is a new problem, maybe. Write in support, but I doubt that this help. Or CD Project solve language problem, and that's why you have this problem.

Top Bottom