[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+

Attachments

• F1948F5F-57E2-4E59-975B-6F876D8E79B2.jpeg
    F1948F5F-57E2-4E59-975B-6F876D8E79B2.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 221
"the update expands the range of available text language options for selected regions." Selected regions? C'mon, CDPR/Saber, get it all free to all regions players. Why are you doing this? I'll have to wait more to play it in portuguese? C'mon... I'm so frustrated with this... Thinking about selling my cartridge. Not because the game, cause of the desrespect of the dev with the consumers/players. So bad, guys, so bad...

Hi, do you know if physical game with the serial = LA-H-AURVG-EUR is going to get this new patch?
My game doesn´t update :/
Hi there,
Did you get the patch already? This Game Card ID is shown on a photo of package content at official Nintendo UK store, so this is probably the UK version. But it is also possible that more regional versions share the same ID on the front sticker - only Nintendo and CDPR will know that for sure.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so I have Game Card also with ID:
LA-H-AURVG-EUR
which i suppose is UK version. Previously it only had English available as language, so there was only option to turn subtitles on and off.
After patch 3.6 I got new option to have Polish texts. Unfortunately, no more languages were added.
The changelog for patch 3.6 says that free voiceover packs will follow as free DLCs in near future. I hope we get more text translations with that, too.
Honestly, it is awesome that we can probably expect Polish voiceover for DLC, since text for this language was added already. That is essential to me. But Europe has more language like French, Spanish, Czech, German etc. That could be easily expected from EUR labeled version. Just the texts would be enough.

Btw, i must say those new visual settings do make a huge difference! I enabled only low sharpening, bloom, light shafts and high foliage. Everything else is turned off. This, combined with slightly lower gamma makes the picture much comfortable, no more eye strain for me at all! 🙂

Last edited:
I am deeply disappointed. I am Brazilian and live in Australia and cannot play in my native language. I hoped the patch would resolve, but it only added polish language. The game has been translated into many languages .. please CD just add all the content in the game or create a language pack.

Hi, pople, this is what CDPR support team answered me

So let me explain: When you purchase a physical version of the game, that version is attached a certain region (you can find the SKU on the bottom right corner above the barcode 'HAC-P-AURVG'), that SKU is attached to a certain region and the region of the physical version of the game will not change when you change the region of your eShop.

When buying digital versions of the game, the game will be attached to the region on your eShop used for purchase. Meaning that it is also possible to buy on a certain region's eShop and not have all the languages available.

We've added additional text languages to selected regions in our latest update to the game (3.6).

If after updating the game, your desired language is still not available in text and if this language is not available by default, I'm afraid your version of the game does not support it.

The additional voice-over languages to come do not extend the number of languages made available as text languages but rather add voice packs in selected regions. If your language was not made available in text it's not going to be added with the voice-over packs.

Best regards,
John

For me.... this is #$"#$#" is easier for everyone, just ONE VERSION WITH DOWNLOADABLE LANGUAGE PACKAGES .
Witch these everyones happy and is better for them

So let me explain: When you purchase a physical version of the game, that version is attached a certain region (you can find the SKU on the bottom right corner above the barcode 'HAC-P-AURVG'), that SKU is attached to a certain region and the region of the physical version of the game will not change when you change the region of your eShop.

When buying digital versions of the game, the game will be attached to the region on your eShop used for purchase. Meaning that it is also possible to buy on a certain region's eShop and not have all the languages available.

We've added additional text languages to selected regions in our latest update to the game (3.6).

If after updating the game, your desired language is still not available in text and if this language is not available by default, I'm afraid your version of the game does not support it.

The additional voice-over languages to come do not extend the number of languages made available as text languages but rather add voice packs in selected regions. If your language was not made available in text it's not going to be added with the voice-over packs.

Best regards,
John

For me.... this is #$"#$#" is easier for everyone, just ONE VERSION WITH DOWNLOADABLE LANGUAGE PACKAGES .
To summarize, if our language is no longer included they will not include it later, right?

Last edited:

Best regards,
John

Same problem, I hope to play in my main Arabic language. Tell me it should contain SUK It only supports your language . Where can I find this version I am tired of?

A very simple solution, but I do not know why they did not think about this, which is the addition of a language pack that all the game supports in eshop

If anyone interested on when they will deliver Audio over DLC - please see below reply from CDPR

I'm afraid that I have no information to share regarding an ETA.
Best regards,
John

Everyone, whether a language pack is available in one region or another is not up to CDPR. It's a matter of the individual marketplaces: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc.

I have no final answer as to why this is the case for some games, while others receive much more comprehensive language packs in all regions. My best guess would be that it has to do with both the size of the individual language files (audio and pre-rendered cinematic files are often the biggest files in games in sheer GB), and the amount of bandwidth that would be regularly eaten up as people download them. For a game as huuuge as TW3, you're talking about a massive amount of data multiplied by the number of languages offered in that region. It would make sense to me that the marketplaces might not want to dedicate so much server space to files that might only be utilized by a tiny percentage of users in that region.

What I'd argue is that if a language pack exists, users should be able to get a pass or something that lets them download it from a different region. Or, they could "de-regionalize" the language packs, but only host them in certain regions. (Downloads might be painfully slow, but players could get them, at least.) But again -- this is a marketplace concern, not a CDPR concern. That's like complaining to Ben and Jerry's directly because your local grocery store doesn't carry the flavor you like. Ben and Jerry's can't force the grocery store to use their shelf space for additional flavors.

Everyone, whether a language pack is available in one region or another is not up to CDPR.

Well - actually it is. You did mislead customers :)
a) We’re supporting the same set of languages as on other platforms - It can be very very confusing in this case <- don't you think ?
b) If you want to avoid confusion, rather than putting generic information "Language availability varies by region" you should put information on which region belongs to which language packs.

But lesson learned - never buy game in pre-order - wait until hype goes down, and purchase it 2nd hand - less waste, and you save on stress and money ;)

Last edited:
Well - actually it is. You did mislead customers :)
a) We’re supporting the same set of languages as on other platforms - It can be very very confusing in this case <- don't you think ?
b) If you want to avoid confusion, rather than putting generic information "Language availability varies by region" you should put information on which region belongs to which language packs.

I can't argue that the way this was presented was not clear at all. However, it's something that applies to a slew of titles, across the board. It is the customer's responsibility in the end to understand what they're buying and how the marketplaces work. (All those "policies" that one has to agree to in order to confirm the purchase, but that one rarely if ever reads...well...let one read them.)

All of that being said, I do agree that it would be very helpful to clearly say, something like, "Please note, not all language packs are available in all regions. Please, consult your marketplace product page for details," in product descriptions. This I agree with wholeheartedly.

The funny thing they released the US version with Arabic language subs, so all Arabic speakers (including me and my friends) went ahead and got the US version, then they released an update and removed Arabic language
:cry:

Unbelievable.

The thing is,.... we are in 2020 !!!!

If it is a marketplace concern or a CDPR concern, this is wrong. Nowadays you cannot do a region based game and wait that some people not complain about it, that dont give to much freedom in where I can purchase my game copy. Ok, I know that certain content may be not be available in certain places because of certain coutries censorship, but subtitles? Man, a subtitle achive for a game is not something dificult to adapt to specific places, and host a language pack in a server available to everyone is not expensive at all.

If companies like Guerrilla, Bethestha, and Ninja Theory can do this, why CDPR cannot.....

I understand that there are policies for each region. But where is the consumer's right to claim a refund for the game? Nintendo does not offer any kind of policy in this sense, and it is law in many countries.

I understand that there are policies for each region. But where is the consumer's right to claim a refund for the game? Nintendo does not offer any kind of policy in this sense, and it is law in many countries.

It is the customer's responsibility in the end to understand what they're buying and how the marketplaces work. (All those "policies" that one has to agree to in order to confirm the purchase, but that one rarely if ever reads...well...let one read them.)
:LOL:

I Agree that it is our responsibility to read full product description before buying it - or if you buying online- you have legal right to return it withing 14 days - if product is not as described.
CDPR failed here on 2 things (not only us - end users, but also distributors) :
- Description was very generic, and if you use sentence "We’re supporting the same set of languages as on other platforms" - it is easy to mislead end customer, as they know what they had before. Saying that - Amount of people complaining - and amount of posts here, and amount of returns - can clearly confirm it was very confusing :)

- Lack of communication from CDPR is the biggest issue here, as many of us lost their chances to return it - when we could.
And the best of all is that note : This subforum is not a channel of CD PROJEKT RED's Tech Support Team! If you need to contact our Tech Support Team, please visit the Official Tech Support Website, Where Tech Support typical reply is : Unable to provide ETA. At the end - Moderators here have a bit crappy job of keeping it all polite and calming down people.

Message to moderators : You can only try calm people down - but End users are only trying their best to flag issues, and having them resolved. I don't see any "out of this world" requests. Frustration will be visible here - and that's good, as it is only measurement to finally treat something seriously - not like single person issue, ignore that, or put as low priority issue.

Top Bottom