[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
they accomplished the hardest part that is run the game on Switch, however, put all languages (that already are made) seems to be more difficult, I don't know what really happens in this case.

The thing is,.... we are in 2020 !!!!

If it is a marketplace concern or a CDPR concern, this is wrong. Nowadays you cannot do a region based game and wait that some people not complain about it, that dont give to much freedom in where I can purchase my game copy. Ok, I know that certain content may be not be available in certain places because of certain coutries censorship, but subtitles? Man, a subtitle achive for a game is not something dificult to adapt to specific places, and host a language pack in a server available to everyone is not expensive at all.

If companies like Guerrilla, Bethestha, and Ninja Theory can do this, why CDPR cannot.....

Yep, it's annoying. But I think it's all about the gross file size on the servers. No Bethesda game comes close to the sheer number of lengthy audio files for dialogue and such. Most of Beth's games recycle dialogue files, and the lengthier dialogue interactions are both relatively rare and not very detailed. Rockstar's games would be a more apt comparison, and they also have pretty strict regional limits in place.

In the end, I can completely understand how problematic it can be to host all languages in all regions, but what I don't get is why a system cannot be created to just give people access to the language pack they prefer by allowing them to download it from the other region. That would seem to be the ideal solution, so there's likely legal reasons preventing it.

w3.jpg

WHY?

I bought the game back in December or November, played 15 minutes and then i decided to leave it until they update the game with all missing languages (cuz the English used in the game is really hard, also i know that Arabic is supported on other platforms). After the long awaited update, no Arabic language :eek: The Middle east is not even supported as a region by Nintendo, so where am i supposed to find Arabic :rolleyes: If you have a problem with making a language pack at least explain that to us.

The only option we have for the Arabic language is text subtitle, and knowing that the future dlc content will be related to voiceover, that means Arabic will never be added to the game :(

I am really disappointed, after waiting all this time, the complete edition is still not complete.

I see some movement on DLC - So far i can see Polish & Russian available
Downloading Polish one - let's see how it goes :)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Post automatically merged:

It is working !!!
It's alive !!!!! <3 See ya in next month :)

Last edited:
I see some movement on DLC - So far i can see Polish & Russian available
Downloading Polish one - let's see how it goes :)
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Post automatically merged:

It is working !!!
It's alive !!!!! <3 See ya in next month :)

Do you have digital or physical copy?
I have physical copy, and for me dlc didn't add new language in game(

After I install the dlc, my game does not open. When I try to open, it says that you must have software. It directs me to eshop to buy game again. Also, I tried to open it with different accounts. Then it again directed me to eshop and said that software currently unavailable.

Hello everyone, I'm from to Brazil and Nintendo is not offically here in my country, so I bought physical media Europeian version but doenst have text and audio in portuguese, many people like me in brazil have the same problem. I wanna to know when will be launch the update to fix that? please CDPR, look to us in Brazil!!!

Hello everyone, I'm from to Brazil and Nintendo is not offically here in my country, so I bought physical media Europeian version but doenst have text and audio in portuguese, many people like me in brazil have the same problem. I wanna to know when will be launch the update to fix that? please CDPR, look to us in Brazil!!!
Please CDPR !!!!

Hi everyone, does any one know if language pack for traditional Chinese will come out or has it released? Can’t find one in Nintendo eShop. It was originally support before the recent update... I do speak English but am more comfortable using Mandarin. Just so frustrating playing the game now......:/

The irony in all of this is that they added cross saving, which is a beautiful feature, but they are not letting a lot of people play in their own mother tongue, which is something that you CAN do on the pc version, so even if people still can play on the go and load their files on the switch version, they're still stuck with a version in a language they're not comfortable with, which doesn't make any sense in my opinion.

Herewith mi wifey and I would like to hugely thank you for making available for donload the Polish language pack DLC in Nintendo e-shop. It enabled my beloved wife to fully experience the game and I am afraid that she has o'ready been biten by the Witcher-bug ;)

With our best wishes
Tom & Barbara

Top Bottom