O'Five quick question

+
I suck at unarmed combat. Is O'Five obtainable if I just kill them all with ranged weapons, or is the boxing match (adding O'Five to the bet) required for it to appear?

I suck at unarmed combat. Is O'Five obtainable if I just kill them all with ranged weapons, or is the boxing match (adding O'Five to the bet) required for it to appear?

I don't think you can if you kill them with ranged weapons. I never actually tried. I know you can get it without actually asking for it but if I remember correctly, it never becomes obtainable until you either ask him to throw in the rifle if you win or if you antagonize him after the fight.

Someone will correct me if I have that wrong.

OK another approach, I accept the fight, including the rifle in the bet, lose. Can I then kill them and get the rifle?

I honestly can't say. I've never lost the fight so the idea of killing them before or after the fight never occured to me. It's necessary for a long chain of quests after all.

I'd say, try it? Save before, throw the fight and see what happens.

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say the obtainable status is linked to Buck going down, not on the dialogue, but that's 100% a guess.

You can kill them when they attack you after the fight when you win with whatever you want. The fight have too be fist tho i think? (never tryed just killing him)

As far as I know, you can only get the rifle after winning the fight, if you try to pick it up beforehand with him standing next to it, nothing happens. seeing as he tries to kill you if you win the rifle, it makes sense that you could kill him and steal it, however I don't think the game lets you, but I've never actually tried it so who knows.

My guess is because it's a reward attached to a larger quest line, you probably can only get it for winning and advancing the quest. But again, without testing I can't be 100& sure of that.

You can always use gorilla arms with a good knuckle mod I would recommend electric damage or animal for the extra damage and bleeds, to make it easier to win.

Yeah in my last game I did use gorilla arms to beat him. However I shun arm mods for what you could call roleplaying reasons. I don't like visible implants (as you can see my pic doesn't have any) on my character and once you place any type of cyber arms on V you can never go back to having decent flesh-and-blood human arms. Actually although I love the game and use most of what can be used, including implants, personally the whole concept of cutting off a perfectly healthy limb or organ just to make it "better" is abhorrent. I know I know it is what the game is about but fortunately you also get tools to minimize the effect on your character if you please.
Third approach... Temporarily lower difficulty to easy... :shrug:

If you're on PC they have mods to "Hide" the gorilla arms or make them subtle, or even unlock customization options so you may even be able to just remove them even if it does 'break immersion' a little

if you're own console that limits your options to experimentation. You can always just make a separate save right before and try taking him down with weapons or hacks and see what happens worse case you just roll back 5 mins no harm done.

If he bets the O'Five and you beat him, the rifle's yours for the taking, whether or not you kill all of them after. Used to just mow them down since they were coming at me with knifes.

If you're on PC they have mods to "Hide" the gorilla arms or make them subtle, or even unlock customization options so you may even be able to just remove them even if it does 'break immersion' a little

if you're own console that limits your options to experimentation. You can always just make a separate save right before and try taking him down with weapons or hacks and see what happens worse case you just roll back 5 mins no harm done.
Oh man the solution for this dilemma I've had since day 1. I'll look for those mods.

Top Bottom