Oh, there's a *door* there...

+
I've got a recent game I started on my PC, and I was going through dealing with the initial set of NCPD events in Watson.

I've got the mini-map turned off, and I end up in the vicinity of Doc Ryder's in Northside. I've got the nearest event tracked, so it shows up behind a door I've never looked at before. I go up to it, and discover I can force it open... and it leads to a walkway ABOVE the NCPD event.

I must have somewhere close to 10 playthroughs by now, and I'd never realised there was another way into that event. I'd always encountered it on the other side - running down a sloping driveway/ramp from the street.

Made the entire thing play out quite differently. One of the many things i love about the game and rewards me for replaying it!

Cheers,
Merric

iCake

Forum veteran
It's awesome how the experiences differ for all of us. I pretty much always forced that door open on all of my playthroughs. Even remember that on my first playthrough I intentioally hanged in there a bit to have my body stat up to par so I can approach that fight from the vantage point and just snipe my way through it from there instead of running and guning from whichever end point on the ground level.

I guess that is what hooks me about this game. The fact that there's usually multiple solutions to the same problem. A pity that it does not really have any real weight behind it other than curiosity. You can do it either way anyway regardless of the difficulty settings or even your build.

Top Bottom