Ok CDPR, this need to be changed/fixed

+
With armor, clothing and weapons purchased from dealers, not found in boxes or on NPC's, there really needs to be an overhaul.

A high end store shouldn't be selling rags nor should a bottom end store be selling mil-spec items. Currently they all act like thrift stores, random chance whether they'll have something decent or just crap. The current ability to sell junk or anything else to any store is decidedly odd. Stores should sell items, (more than one), befitting their status. Add usable pawn-shops to sell unwanted items and possibly buy unique items, but even they wouldn't want junk, use the scattered dropboxes around the city for those items. Add a store that sells military high end hardware and clothing for high end prices. Weapon dealers should sell bulletproof vests and the like. The net-runners should sell net gear which gives you a bonus to hacking rather than be just cosmetic.

Every purchased item should start as basic with the ability to upgrade, whether cosmetic, as in recoloring, which does nothing armor-wise, (though maybe add to your cool factor), or stat changes from added slots. Some items no matter what you add should not exceed a given stat. A t-shirt or sneakers are never going to be bulletproof nor increase your resistances. A mil-spec kevlar vest isn't fashionable but will keep you alive during a firefight. A worn gas mask will add protection from toxins. Seeing as there aren't exo-skeletons in the game, adding the ability to carry more stuff by just adding a chip is a bit unbelievable.

NPC drop items should be more believable. Currently with a majority of kills, they're wearing clothing that is completely different from their drop item. A male NPC dropping earrings or a skirt or high heels should be a rarity not common. Dropping shotgun shells even though they were carrying a pistol...

--- EDIT: Another possibility, add the ability to buy and sell items through the underused computers in-game through a site like a scaled down E-bay, be able to bid on items, winning and losing bids, sometimes overpaying for something you really want, sometimes getting it for a song, with a small chance percentage of being ripped off and having to find the individual and deal with them to get whats yours.

Last edited:
I think exploration would have been much better rewarded if all the gig locations weren't instantly visible on the map and only appeared once you were in the area or given coordinates. You would have an incentive to explore dark alleys and side streets.

I get what you are saying but I am more focusing on the esoteric corners of the game not just the back areas you can just walk to if you turn the right way.

With armor, clothing and weapons purchased from dealers, not found in boxes or on NPC's, there really needs to be an overhaul.

A high end store shouldn't be selling rags nor should a bottom end store be selling mil-spec items. Currently they all act like thrift stores, random chance whether they'll have something decent or just crap. The current ability to sell junk or anything else to any store is decidedly odd. Stores should sell items, (more than one), befitting their status. Add usable pawn-shops to sell unwanted items and possibly buy unique items, but even they wouldn't want junk, use the scattered dropboxes around the city for those items. Add a store that sells military high end hardware and clothing for high end prices. Weapon dealers should sell bulletproof vests and the like. The net-runners should sell net gear which gives you a bonus to hacking rather than be just cosmetic.

Every purchased item should start as basic with the ability to upgrade, whether cosmetic, as in recoloring, which does nothing armor-wise, (though maybe add to your cool factor), or stat changes from added slots. Some items no matter what you add should not exceed a given stat. A t-shirt or sneakers are never going to be bulletproof nor increase your resistances. A mil-spec kevlar vest isn't fashionable but will keep you alive during a firefight. A worn gas mask will add protection from toxins. Seeing as there aren't exo-skeletons in the game, adding the ability to carry more stuff by just adding a chip is a bit unbelievable.

NPC drop items should be more believable. Currently with a majority of kills, they're wearing clothing that is completely different from their drop item. A male NPC dropping earrings or a skirt or high heels should be a rarity not common. Dropping shotgun shells even though they were carrying a pistol...

--- EDIT: Another possibility, add the ability to buy and sell items through the underused computers in-game through a site like a scaled down E-bay, be able to bid on items, winning and losing bids, sometimes overpaying for something you really want, sometimes getting it for a song, with a small chance percentage of being ripped off and having to find the individual and deal with them to get whats yours.

That's something I mentioned but not about clothing, but about levels and armor. It can have RPG elements but this isn't just working in shooter games. You SHOULD be able to kill someone with .50 cal sniper if you hit him in the head and his level shouldn't be factor. It's even weirder if you use gun from level 1 on level 20, your gun still have same damage, but because you are higher level, you are able to kill that guy.

Same with clothing, how is it possible to have tank top with more mods and armor then legendary ballistic vest? Where is immersion? Game is doing gunplay and gun fights so well and at the same time very bad, just because of this. It makes zero sense in the shooter game.

You don't have to leave your RPG elements behind to do something like this. Ok, level 10 ballistic vest have lower armor then tank top looted on level 50 with more mods, that's fine I guess, I can live with it. If there is level system, this make sense. But you shouldn't be able to find top items in the game at the beginning of the game. For example I found this helmet around level 20 and I can use it even on level 50, because base armor stat is irrelevant, there are 3 mod slots.

About vendors, they are weird. Some of these vendors are not even selling things from the zone. Vendor near Arasaka Tower should sell corpo items, vendor near River Wards house should sell Badlands items (ehm, she is even saying, there are Badlands themed items). But vendors are not important for me right now. It's so much work to be done and right now it's waste of time. Maybe in the future or at least in the multiplayer.

I agree with a lot of your points. My big things are the loot. A lot of it is very random and doesn't make sense. You have to craft items in batches, then check your inventory to see if its the quality you want. You don't know while you're crafting. I'd rather pay more components to craft the stuff I want.

I also look like a clown because I'm wearing cloths with the most slots, not what I like wearing.

If you save and then walk into a shop, their inventory is completely random.

Armor and resistance stats should clarify what they do, meaning if you have 3k armor, it reduces physical damage by this much. As of right now I have no idea if getting that extra 200 armor is worth it because I don't know what the damage difference is.

If you can save scum and it rerolls the loot you get that isn't how it should be, the loot you get should be set.

Also, barbers and transmog systems. Pls for the love of jebus,

And no more teleporting cops.

Hey,

I'll carry on with this post, following is a non-exhaustive list of improvements and suggestions. CDPR still hasn't given us a clear road map on how it intends to improve the game? A list and timeline of hotfixes tells us absolutely nothing about the direction of the game or if CDPR even understands the problem. There has to be a call from the community like the Microsoft Flight Simulator. This game is very much a Cyberpunk sim. Why can't we approach problems with this game in that style. The sim community is unforgiving but MSFS is not treating the community like idiots. They have listed out the most prioritized fixes and given a timeline this needs to be done with CP2077. CDPR you had your go at the game and you failed (well not completely), your vision for the game isn't sitting with the community so now that the game is in the wild, steer clear and let the community guide it through. Otherwise good luck with those lawsuits.

1. Shards
I do not understand the need for these and the fact they are all over the place, ok there have to be some filler shards but they have to have a purpose they need to mean something right now I think they are useless.

2. Consumables
A variety of consumables need to be available like in a certain game called the "Witcher 3". Right now my consumables are lying a waste. Consumables good also be taken through a "dispenser" upgrade. You could have progressive slots from 1-5 to make use of those quickly in a certain situation.

3. Armor and Apparel? WT......?
Make it mean something, Apparel and Armor doesn't make any sense, if at all Apparel should impact the Cool stat. I know it's very "Fallout" but yes don't fix it if it's not broken. That system will work beautifully in CP2077.

4. Karma
V's decisions should have an impact on his personality, there should be a choice between playing a a##hole V and a nice guy V. This should lead to different choices, Quests, Items, Dialogue with Silverhand and his impact on taking you over. Another way to play this out that you should continue to be more aggressive and radical with your choices as the influence of Silverhand grows upon V.

5. More Joytoys!
Did I just say that? yes I did! Everyone in Night City seems to be getting some except V. We should be able to use at least some of those silly items advertised.

6. Relationship Sensor
This is 2077 right, right! There has to be a relationship sensor that reads off the heartbeat of a character to understand what kind of relationship you are developing. This will help V understand all types of relationships.

10. Where are the gangs? Rivalries? Alliances?
Leading on to the sensor, we should be able to assess our Rivalries and Alliances.

11. BD Editor

There has to be a BD editor, this is a really cool and unique features of the game and it's highly under utilized at this stage. We need to see more BDs. And we need to be able to edit and create BDs.

12. The internet sucks!
Is that how 2077 web is going to be like? seriously GTA pulled off it amazingly well. It's a shame it's useless.

13. Do what every other RPG has standard
I'll end it at 13! CP2077 was supposed to be the industry breakthrough of a new level of emersion, so far it's really really empty. Make it a priority to include everything that GTA, Witcher and Fallout have standard. Ok, argument, but hey CP2077 is not any of those games, ok granted! But none of those games offer those choices in a Cyberpunk world only CP2077 does.

- Let's see if you care about the community CDPR.

if at all Apparel should impact the Cool stat. I know it's very "Fallout" but yes don't fix it if it's not broken.
Diverse amount of stats. Just like in F4 good glasses can increase your Reflexes by +1, rare gorilla arms body by +2, while legendary by +4. Using faction specific clothing could increase checks versus members of that gang and decrease or cause hostility of others (assuming actual virtue/reputation system is in place).

And actual armor can be relegated to things that look like armor (we would need more of it) but then you either looking nice or fully armored. There is no power armor while out of it you wear nice looking set for stats (although in F4 there is ballistic weave making any normal dress semi-power-armor.)

10. Where are the gangs? Rivalries? Alliances?
Leading on to the sensor, we should be able to assess our Rivalries and Alliances.

I was just thinking that driving around town earlier, there's no gang warfare. Fixers don't seem to mention if you're doing work for NCPD or rival gangs. I would love it if they had other questlines, and if you go far enough you'd choose a side and get connections and stuff. Right now the fixers are literally just voices on a phone saying 'Hey, do this and I give you dollerydoos'

I also think the messaging system is heavily under utilized, sending texts to Claire or Judy the two times it happened made me feel more connected since that's what you do in real life. And they could be texts about basically anything and/or nothing. Friends send each other dumb messages and have silly conversations, it'd be cool to have casual conversations. Or troll Takemura.

I was just thinking that driving around town earlier, there's no gang warfare. Fixers don't seem to mention if you're doing work for NCPD or rival gangs. I would love it if they had other questlines, and if you go far enough you'd choose a side and get connections and stuff. Right now the fixers are literally just voices on a phone saying 'Hey, do this and I give you dollerydoos'

I also think the messaging system is heavily under utilized, sending texts to Claire or Judy the two times it happened made me feel more connected since that's what you do in real life. And they could be texts about basically anything and/or nothing. Friends send each other dumb messages and have silly conversations, it'd be cool to have casual conversations. Or troll Takemura.

I want to see gang wars too, if you look on GTA:SA Gang Warfare (link), it was super simple, nothing huge but still very good.. I don't believe this is something CDPR have to work on for months. Question is if is it worth to do it, if it was very good in San Andreas why it is not in GTA IV or GTA V..

Does anyone in the CDPR team even reads the stuff we are contributing here?
Post automatically merged:

Hey CDPR, you should have team scavenging through the forums for free ideas to make this game better. I'm glad you released this game rather than continue to tinker on your own. I for one would want to know how much of this feedback is going into coming updates. You cannot do this at your will now, the game is in the custody of the community, and the community always wins. Let us help you. Don't act like you don't need any help.

There's one thing that left bugging me.

There's one gig, not related to Cyberpsycho sightings, but job is from different fixer and is about finding out about certain person. But job involves a cyberpsycho and I took non-lethal approach and even tried to call Regina, Cyberpsycho sightings fixer, though I didn't expect that to really work and it didn't.

But why not? Could this be somehow linked to Regina as optional, secret objective?

Making it possible and easier to respec your character. There are some perks that I thought would be cool, but just don't work for me, like I've been playing for more than 80 hours and have never gotten the vertical takedown to work and now I regret buying it.

I dont consider these bugs, or balance.. But there are alot of armor/weapon mods that dont work at all, as well as certain stats, and perks.. These, I just consider broken. The larger problem being, that if the game is short, with low replayability, there isnt much incentive to fix them at all. Many games remain with broken skills and such.

14. Enemy AI
Has anyone been sold out to that guy selling BDs ? NO spoilers ..... but the Enemy AI in that mission sucks! All thugs are facing the wall off course I will be able to sneak past them. That's just poor CDPR.

Top Bottom