Ok finally finished my 1st playthrough and the game is just horrible.

+
So this may be a little long since the list of problems with this game are very long. I'm playing as a male V on hard difficulty

1) Updates did nothing game still crashes al the time. It's funny that the crashes didn't come in intense fight scenes but rather at very low intense times.
Crashed on the map screen a few times
Crashed in my apartment a few times.
Crashed buying a car three times
Crashed in BD's a few times.
Crashed once on the game load screen the one where you have to press X to enter the game
Crashed talking to people
Crashed driving
Crashed while I was sleeping
Crashed while I was crafting
Crashed while I was fighting a couple of the melee fights
Crashed selling stuff to a drop box
Finally I crashed 3 times during the final credits
2) The lag/instability/tearing is every where in the game
Every auto save freezes the game for 5 to 10 sec each time. Kill the emersion
Driving anything in the game makes it load horribly and falling through the map is common.
Running in the game is horribly and the game loads textures and faces so slowly it's nt funny.
Everything you do in game has a long lag of 5 to 10 seconds
Using things in you backpack takes forever like food or drink
Selling things takes forever
Crafting things takes forever and the numbers you get from the same craft change randomly before you even craft anything.
Breaking down things are super slow. Some thing you break down never leave your inventory. White grenades are the main issue here.
White grenades dont leave your inventory when you dismantle them. On this plus side use this glitch to max out your crafting skill quickly.
Shooting any gun has major sound lag. Migt be 10 seconds before you hear your gun shots.
Driving in general is just horrible. Mario Kart on super nen was a better driving game. Driving physics doesn't exist. Hit a rock you fly off screen.
3) Can't complete missions or mission glitches.
Can't get the game platinum since there are bad glitches in the game.
I have done every mission in game but I dont have the trophy for watson even though there is nothing in watson left to do.
Can't get the trophy in pacifica because a NCPD mission os glitched and won't complete.
5 or more mission the enemies never saw me as a enemy and I walked through the missions without a single enemy doing anything even though I was in a hostile area.
Too many times enemies were sunk in the floor up to their chest. Cars were also sunk in the ground all over the place up above the wheels.
AI is Donald Trump stupid. Start a fire fight and they run and hide and just sit there talking crap and hiding until I go kill them
4) Other issues
Number of guns in game was laughable. No real diversity and a very under whelming selection.
Most late game guns are all but useless not enough damage to be used in the end game. Johny's gun and many others that just fall short.
Driving is horrible and should just be removed.
Loot being stuck and can't be picked up happens all the time. I left bout as much loot as I picked up. Can't loot any white loot from any robot
Enemies have fish eyes. Playing stealthy is a challenge since the enemies can see you even if they are not looking in your direction
Enemies can see through walls and other objects they should not be able to see through
The game isn't open world like it was suppose to be. The only real open world stuff are the assaults' in progress. Every thing else is loaded in after you start it.
Most conversations have little to no effect on gameplay. You made it seem like all choices would have a effect. The reality a small few convos really change anything

There are probably other things I just can't remember off the top of my head, but at the end of the day it is the worse AAA game I have ever played. It is sad though the evidence was there since the witcher 3 was a buggy glitchy mess when it released and took months to a year to fix. It seems the MO of CD project trash is to release glitchy games and then fix them over the next year. It's laughable that you would consider any DLC considering how badly the base game is. The final sad part is you knew and still released the game. You knew which is why you did not release any advanced copy of the console version because you knew it was trash. Two games were junk on release I promise I wont buy another glitchy garbage you call a game.

Guest 4421288

Too much to read here. But get the idea of crashes.

I could live with lack of content but crashes every 2-3hrs breaks immersion. Surprised people are forcing themselves to play this game to progress. They just need to stop playing until or if they fix in future then can play it properly without interruption.

There will not be any new content until the game is fixed first as priority. Uninstall and play when it is sorted. It will not be days and more likely weeks before it is resolved.

Forcing yourself to get through this game at the moment is like humping a cheese grater.

Yeah, the game is buggy as fuck.

That's why everyone is pissed.

I constantly had to save and reload.

I play on a PC that i've built specifically to handle this game. I crashed once(on launch day) and besides that never. I do get occasional glitches or engine latencies every 5 to 10 hours but nothing game breaking or immersion dampening. Are you perhaps experiencing these on consoles?

There maybe something rly wrong with your PC?
Not trying to defend this clusterfuck btw. There is so many bugs its staggering. But I had only one crash in my 250+ hours of playing. (and hundreds of bugs).
On M.2 SDD I can't even spot the autosave icon sometimes its that fast.
To summarize this game is at best a beta.

I play on PS4 Pro and I have put in 180 hours with 21 crashes. That is roughly 1 crash every 9 hours and that amount is uncomfortable to me. The crashes are random and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. FPS drops and pop-ins come in at a second. Not as bad as the crashes, but they are noticeable. I just really hope they are able to improve the game for consoles for a more stable experience.

Hi, PS4 Pro here, I have had very few of the OP's issues. One crash in the last few days and that's about it. I regularly cache clear during game sessions and this (I suspect) means I avoid a lot of the graphic/texture issues. I have had no problem with any quest bugs etc. I do get some lag occasionally but not really game breaking. Even FPS has had few issues.

I am really enjoying the game and have 90% of side quests etc complete. Imo, this is a great game.

hot fix 1.06 pretty much fixed crashes for me, but everytime I reload a save while in game, like if I die plenty of times and have to reload a save each time, it screws the game framerate, and after a while the game crashes lol
wtf

after a few reloads I have to close the game altogether so I don't get this problem

Do you have an intel processor? I noticed in quite a few other threads people who have a straight intel processor are running into way more issues a lot of which you've mentioned here. Hybrid and AMD processors seem fine though.

Do you have an intel processor? I noticed in quite a few other threads people who have a straight intel processor are running into way more issues a lot of which you've mentioned here. Hybrid and AMD processors seem fine though.
My intel works very well. No problems so far.

Yea everyone is still playing this game on a Tandy computer wtf guys cmon? This isn't the 80's

I've only had about 5 crashes in over 200 hours on pc so that's not a huge issue for me. But I have a ton of graphical glitches, bad performance etc. So nothing game breaking. Guess i'm lucky and i'm on a potato pc lol.

Yeah, the game is buggy. Still that is not what bothers me. Core gameplay is bad too, and that is much more disappointing for me than any bugs. Bugs will be fixed eventually, but no one will fix all this dumb fixers gigs and replace it with decent stories :(

I’m about 20 hours into my second playthrough, where i’m blasting people away with grenades and my tech shotgun (plays very different from my 20 int Hacker). Although i’m playing on an original xbone, i’m loving my time with the game.

Top Bottom