Ok so is this another lie by cdpr ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year

1609457766257.png

1609457807092.png

Strange, because I had no marker.
Yeah, I forget the name of the quest, it may have been one of those ? ones, but that was the way I found that spot. It could also be one of the missions that only show up late game or only by have a high level of street cred.

I finished it after 154 hours. I simple didn't hunt down the quest markers only, i was taking my time exploring the map, listen to all dialoge options and such.

I find it hard to do it in 175 hours (as a player). In my first run I clocked 120 hours (almost 100%, had some NCPD missions left).

In my second run, I did all side activities, except for 2 things: I'm waiting for Judy to give me the Mox - as a female V, if you romance her, it take some time for her to give the gun; and I'm waiting for Kerry to call, and give me his last mission.

This second run is clocked at 90 hours.

If you neglect upgrading yourself in a first playthrough (neglect some weapon/skill/attribute/cyberware/mod upgrades completely), while playing on very hard, and walking/driving to places, not using fast travel, looking around to admire the buildings and structures, messing around the city, and grind enemies to buy all cars.

Then, you can spend this 175 hours. It's not absurd to assume so.

But, when you know how the game works, where you need to go, in what order is better to do quests, which happens in a second playthrought, and don't lose much time, it takes you less than 100 hours to do a 100% run - depending on how you make money to buy all cars (sometimes messing around, and not timing the game).

TBH game time, map size, number of activities doesn't say much about the game quality, IMO.

If the game had 30 or 300 hours, it doesn't make all the problems disappear, nor weaken the strong parts of it.

So, no, I don't think it was a lie. Specially considering that, as a tester, he probably was looking things that regular players doesn't usually look.

But, you know, I think that most of players won't spent more than 100 hours on the first run. Probably NCPD, some side quests, and cars quests will be ignored by most players in the first run.

Yeah, I forget the name of the quest, it may have been one of those ? ones, but that was the way I found that spot. It could also be one of the missions that only show up late game or only by have a high level of street cred.

I found the gun because another quest took me out there. It was johnny taking me out there for some reason. (to find his body perhaps?)

Want a cookie? Lol. If you can't find enjoyment in the game after every single check on the map is done, then that is on you. There is still tons of little stuff to see an explore. Just because it isn't on the map doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Way to miss the point. The person said "if you just wanna beat the main story, the sure"

That's simply not true.

Last edited:
I think some people just buy games so they have one more thing to complain about. It's like following people you hate on Twitter! :LOL:

Nah, it's not a lie. He was pretty clear in the twitter thread that he was doing a stealth playthrough on the highest difficulty and trying to do everything. I'm just over 90 hours in my game and am no where close to doing everything in the game. I haven't cleared a single area yet.

Nah, it's not a lie. He was pretty clear in the twitter thread that he was doing a stealth playthrough on the highest difficulty and trying to do everything. I'm just over 90 hours in my game and am no where close to doing everything in the game. I haven't cleared a single area yet.
Well technically you can make the game last 1000 hours lol. I'm talking about them making it sound like it's a long story. I can drive around and not do the main story for 1000 hours. Average game time recorded on howlongtobeat is 20 hour main story and 75-80 hours completionist. Nowhere even close to 175 hours.

I'm at 136 hours and still haven't finished the game. I don't quick travel. I drive to where I need to go. You want to burn through the game as fast as possible, good for you but don't call people liars for their play time.

Well technically you can make the game last 1000 hours lol. I'm talking about them making it sound like it's a long story. I can drive around and not so the main story for 1000 hours. Average game time recorded on howlongtobeat is 20 hour main story and 75-80 hours completionist. Nowhere even close to 175 hours.
He says in the thread he's near the end of an completionist run. It's not like it's a stunningly short game. Go look at the time it takes to complete compared some of the similar games it's I've seen it compared to over the years:

https://howlongtobeat.com/ (comparing non-completionist main+side quests)

The Witcher 3 - 102 Hours
Dragon Age Inquisition - 87.5 Hours
Fallout 4 - 79.5 Hours
RDR2 - 78 Hours
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 63.5 Hours
Cyberpunk 2077 - 50.5 Hours
GTA V - 47. 5 Hours
Dark Souls III - 47.5 Hours
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 44 Hours
Nier Automata - 37.5 Hours
Witcher 2 - 34 Hours
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 31 Hours

He says in the thread he's near the end of an completionist run. It's not like it's a stunningly short game. Go look at the time it takes to complete compared some of the similar games it's I've seen it compared to over the years:

https://howlongtobeat.com/ (comparing non-completionist main+side quests)

The Witcher 3 - 102 Hours
Dragon Age Inquisition - 87.5 Hours
Fallout 4 - 79.5 Hours
RDR2 - 78 Hours
Mass Effect: Andromeda - 63.5 Hours
Cyberpunk 2077 - 50.5 Hours
GTA V - 47. 5 Hours
Dark Souls III - 47.5 Hours
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 44 Hours
Nier Automata - 37.5 Hours
Witcher 2 - 34 Hours
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 31 Hours
You need to take into consideration that game pacing really affects time played. RDR2 is a hell of a lot slower paced than Cyberpunk 2077. The Witcher 3 is decently lengthy for how fast paced the game is, one of the reasons I couldn't really get into it.

Also, even if the map is empty, you may have missed missions. I got one after looking for Dexters gun. And that one wasn't marked on the map. Not sure if there are other unmarked missions tho.

There are quite a few secret missions and questlines as well as just secret areas and interiors to find and explore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom