OK, so NR is a bit insane, eh?

+
No offence taken - could You sheare that OP wizard deck? I will Tell You if I tested similar or different and in similar or different way
I know you wanted a mage deck but those are boring imo and I know you like the Draug, so here is my homebrew NR deck that I made it to pro rank with first day of reset:
1638543549068.png

Only things that used to be significantly different is truffle was heatweave and dwims were lacerate+D-bomb to harder counter ST Nature decks. Truffle and dwims allows you to safely set up the Draug with SK unable to fully disrupt it without some serious overcommitment, I only recently realised truffle can spawn PFIs or I would have likely changed it long ago. SY could still cause some problems with whoreson and/or the clown, but even if Draug would find 0 targets you would still have a siege and duels.

Only real weakness I've experienced with my deck is that on blue coin you might get forced into overcommitting just to not lose on even, but the deck doesn't have just 1 win-con, so it's usually fine.

Feel free to take it for a spin if you'd like.

As @MikeBiazzo mentioned reckless fury pings are piercing armour (I am suprised that You didn't know that as author of thread about.... leader abilities, btw) so 3 pings in my example hit defender breaking his shield and wounding him from 7 to 5, while 3 another hits student decreasing his hp points from 8 to 5. I didn't want on purpouse present better scenario for opponent when 2 pings hits defender in first use of leader ability to avoid exackly that kind discussion about probability and RNG (even when hitting defender 2 out of 3 pings what was enough to injure him had 66% chances to happen)
Post automatically merged:

Yes, and in that scenario I had two students, defender, AA, leticia, and raffards vengance on hand - very good draw for both of us. As I mentioned, it can be a little bit different due to draw, but core of play is the same. If opponent wouldn't have his cards like junod or heatwave, while I had vengance defender and AA, I considerd it just as a Lucky draw against bad draw for opponent - and that happens sometimes, sure. But it only prove my point that Lucky draw, or much better skills are only things that can help NR against SK , otherwise it's loose

That is not true - he still have amoung the others facousya, Little havrue, trufle, bear witchers with queen and location - everything pointslam + dmg, for 8p+ per turn in every card played - You dont have chances against that without stronger alumnies, and You newrr will have strong alumnies against such strong opponent. Vicious circle
The first part of your post makes me laught a lot.

Reading this thread make me play some NR wizards again

One more time, without control The deck is absoluto fantastic, its The better deck.

With some control things start to get dificult.

Mages play only 4 points om deploy. So, without AA you are lack of tempo.

Of course raffards and AA helps in tempo, but If you dont get it (or start in Blue coin) you are screwed.

Also, you need to play studants in round 1, otherwise your round 3 with porr alumnis you can just quit The game.

So if you dont get The studants, you are screwed again

So The good round 1 you need to both studants, raffard and AA.

The perfect your One you need to have Also defender and Letícia.

But The perfect round 1 you are again with lack tempo/patience. Or you try to set up Letícia first and you dont have too much time tô set up studants, or you try to set up studants and you dont have top much time for Letícia (in my experience, with some control o try to set up studants first, without control i go with Letícia first).

So lets say everything is ok. You set up Letícia, studants and go untill 4 cards, you win The game, right?

Not necessary, If you are facing NG problably your opponent pass with 7 cards.

In The next 2 round He will try to use remedy in The studants and have a bigger alumni than yours.

Last round The NG player will play The rest of the studants, alumni too, but Also will have other engines making points.

So you will need to decide to kill The studants and lost a Good alumni only in 4 points, or let studants grow and make a lot of points.

While your NG opponent os putting points in The other cards (Terra Nova, brathens and etc)

Yes, thats it, If someone know tô really pilot this deck in a different way, please, teach me

I know you wanted a mage deck but those are boring imo and I know you like the Draug, so here is my homebrew NR deck that I made it to pro rank with first day of reset:
View attachment 11266507
Only things that used to be significantly different is truffle was heatweave and dwims were lacerate+D-bomb to harder counter ST Nature decks. Truffle and dwims allows you to safely set up the Draug with SK unable to fully disrupt it without some serious overcommitment, I only recently realised truffle can spawn PFIs or I would have likely changed it long ago. SY could still cause some problems with whoreson and/or the clown, but even if Draug would find 0 targets you would still have a siege and duels.

Only real weakness I've experienced with my deck is that on blue coin you might get forced into overcommitting just to not lose on even, but the deck doesn't have just 1 win-con, so it's usually fine.

Feel free to take it for a spin if you'd like.

Yes, I agree that trufle is neccesary for PFI and I even sheared my own draug deck with it here some time ago:

https://www.playgwent.com/pl/decks/guides/282743

I very like Your deck - I personally prefer to use pincer manouver though (it is not played so often) and scorch works with revenants well too. Hoever nider our draug decks nor any wizard deck, nor any of NR decks can't face midrange Skellige what is really OP - what I am tryin' to prove on that thread

Ps how did You know that I like Draug decks? :D

The first part of your post makes me laught a lot.

Sorry butI dont get Your point - my post makes You laught why? Because after that You just supported my point - that wizard NR is not so OP deck as many arguing - when You encounter skilled NR or NG player with good control You eont have chances to win

So could You elaborate please?

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that trufle is neccesary for PFI and I even sheared my own draug deck with it here some time ago:

I very like Your deck - I personally prefer to use pincer manouver though (it is not played so often) and scorch works with revenants well too. Hoever nider our draug decks nor any wizard deck, nor any of NR decks can't face midrange Skellige what is really OP - what I am tryin' to prove on that thread

Sorry butI dont get Your point - my post makes You laught why? Because after that You just supported my point - that wizard NR is not so OP deck as many arguing - when You encounter skilled NR or NG player with good control You eont have chances to win

So could You elaborate please?
Sent you a mp

But I agree with everything you are saying in THIS topic (The other One you compared NR and SK cards i dont agree with almost everything, but thats is another topic)

Sent you a mp

But I agree with everything you are saying in THIS topic (The other One you compared NR and SK cards i dont agree with almost everything, but thats is another topic)

Thanks, and of course We can come back to the previous thread that you mentioned it if You want and discuss it in more detailed way than :)

Well, I definitely feel your pain because your deck looks very similar to my first NR deck, it also had Pincer Maneuver, Draug, Madoc, Scorch. I ended up rage deleting that deck eventually, because although fun to play, it wasn't competitive, and did very poorly against SY and SK, way worse than my current deck. The deck I use now is the result of a lot of experimentation trying to make an actual viable Draug deck.

When using a patience mage deck (only really played around with it for a couple of days because it was boring), I of course did not find SK easy, but not significantly difficult either, as I expected NG was by far the worst opponent to face.

I knew you liked the Draug because you've mentioned it in several threads, besides it's the coolest NR card and only a fool would dislike it : )

Well, I definitely feel your pain because your deck looks very similar to my first NR deck, it also had Pincer Maneuver, Draug, Madoc, Scorch. I ended up rage deleting that deck eventually, because although fun to play, it wasn't competitive, and did very poorly against SY and SK, way worse than my current deck. The deck I use now is the result of a lot of experimentation trying to make an actual viable Draug deck.

When using a patience mage deck (only really played around with it for a couple of days because it was boring), I of course did not find SK easy, but not significantly difficult either, as I expected NG was by far the worst opponent to face.

I knew you liked the Draug because you've mentioned it in several threads, besides it's the coolest NR card and only a fool would dislike it : )
I hope for a boost to revenants in the future - even small change like zeal for revenant could make a difference, and Sabrina inferno effect should be limited to opponents side of table to make it viable. I also suggested once a new leader ability in NR: army of the dead: order: create kaedweni revenant and geave him a zeal, two charges
But it is a topic for another discussion, for now unfortunatelly Draug is a very good card but in SK and NG meta it is frustrating sometimes to play NR at all ;/

Yes, You are right: three pings and two targets on board (D=Defendes, S=Student) probability chances of hitting defender looks like like that:

1. D,D,D
2. S, D , D
3. S, D, S
4. D, S, D
5. S, S, D
6. S, S, S

So as You said, three out of six outcomes are hitting defender twice. But I dont think that it brings anything constructive to our discussion about "OP Wizard deck" though

I tried to play loyal NR wizards tbh , so a little bit different that that particular one. Did You played with it maybe? It can really be stronger than meta reckless fury skellige or copycat NG?
I have not tried the meta skellige, but all my versions of NG - control, Mill, copycat etc cannot win much against it.

This deck can get similar numbers to the good old nekker deck from what seems like ages ago which I loved. They totally screwed the nekker to uselessness because of this and allow alumni to put up those numbers. Really pisses me off. I miss the nekker of old and to allow this under another faction is hypocritical. Thrive doesn't even make sense for the lore of the nekker to begin with. It should have some kind of summon other nekker mechanic or something. Maybe a graveyard mechanic. Ok rant over. I hope the devs get out the nerf stick and whack down this broken cheesy deck to at least a reasonable level.

Last edited:
This deck can get similar numbers to the good old nekker deck from what seems like ages ago which I loved
I loved it too - I played NR pointswing Adda and almost aleays beat thrive MO so... I loved them too :) unfortunatelly my favourite archetype was reworked, and until today idk why. I often think it could be great to be able to play in a open gwent beta again - it was so much more fun for me than present version of gwent, even after years of patches and development

I hope for a boost to revenants in the future - even small change like zeal for revenant could make a difference, and Sabrina inferno effect should be limited to opponents side of table to make it viable. I also suggested once a new leader ability in NR: army of the dead: order: create kaedweni revenant and geave him a zeal, two charges
But it is a topic for another discussion, for now unfortunatelly Draug is a very good card but in SK and NG meta it is frustrating sometimes to play NR at all ;/
Honestly I'd rather see revenants get a boost and tone down the alumni and siege. So sick of the alumni and siege bullshit. Monsters are due for some love though. NR has enough power...in fact way too much.

Yes, it is.
Sheare with me than NR deck that is in upperhand against midrange skellige please, I will gladly geave it a Try and than I will Tell my opinion - od You want Me to just take in on Your word? (Or three words, to be specific)

Last edited:

Ok so I tried today Your deck - first time after 10 days break from gwent. And... I've lost critically with copycat NG :D than I've returned to My Draug deck and... 10 straight wins in a row;
but I think that is because I just got used to pincer manouver and it is hard for me to change , I am sure that after some time I could do better use from Your archetype

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-160423_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211204-160423_Samsung Internet.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 34
Ok so I tried today Your deck - first time after 10 days break from gwent. And... I've lost critically with copycat NG :D than I've returned to My Draug deck and... 10 straight wins in a row;
but I think that is because I just got used to pincer manouver and it is hard for me to change , I am sure that after some time I could do better use from Your archetype
Well, I don't know how you played, but typically against NG you want to not play any of the siege engines in round one to give them good remedy and illusionist targets, however, with Xavier you don't need to worry as much as you can banish your units next round, this sometimes even provokes a Yenvo/Heatwave.

In an ideal long round 3 you open siege, kill all their engines and knock down their tallest units into a nice dueling range, the Draug is good to start lining up around middle of the round if you've got time and not too busy removing their copies.

Also worth noting is your ballistas can kill the spies on your board to prevent clogging/coup and the Draug can transform them.

If they try to bleed you, meaning you lost round 1, just pop the Draug (because I doubt you already used it if you lost round 1), they might even lose card advantage.

If they passed early round 1 and you've got both full Draug and siege combo, it can definitely be worth going for a 2-0.

This is one of the few decks where I don't feel NG is the worst faction to face. NG really struggles with the Draug since their control is all single target, and anything Terranova copies is likely to just get killed and lose its value.

Of course you can still lose though, because NG is NG.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Two matches into Masters now...

Two wins for NR Mages, one against a Pro using a deck completely designed to counter NR mages and another SK Reckless Flurry still packed with control... :giveup:

rrc

Forum veteran
I think all those NR people saying NR mages are weak against control should just stop saying that. It just keeps beating decks that are ONLY SOLELY SPECIFICALLY built to counter NR mages. I hope it gets Harmony treatment and nerfed out of existence.

I think all those NR people saying NR mages are weak against control should just stop saying that. It just keeps beating decks that are ONLY SOLELY SPECIFICALLY built to counter NR mages. I hope it gets Harmony treatment and nerfed out of existence.

We have to agree to disagree or just dont speak at all. I know what I see and I play that game.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
We don't have to agree to do anything. You just needed to see the World Master tournaments to see how insane these NR mages are. Removal after removal after removal and in the end you still lose due to Massive Alumni. Decks brought to hard counter still lose to them. No need to debate about it.

Sheare with me than NR deck that is in upperhand against midrange skellige please, I will gladly geave it a Try and than I will Tell my opinion - od You want Me to just take in on Your word? (Or three words, to be specific)
Like others said, you can see the deck lists if you watch the masters right now, or you can google "gwent meta" and pull Tier 1 deck lists from either TLG or Team Elder Blood.

p.s. (and it's "share". you keep saying "sheare".)

Top Bottom