OK, so NR is a bit insane, eh?

+
It's a lot harder to stop this from happening than it is to make it happen, let's consider how much removal a deck must have to stop it.

Raffard, instantly puts two threats on the board, and will keep on putting more mages that needs to be removed if you don't stop it, especially with winch. Shani, revives the mages you actually did remove, with the patience counter still intact, again two threats on the board. AA, makes these units really tall, let's not even talk about blue coin. Chapter of wizards, again two threats, one with shield. Then there's defender.

Well, I could just keep on going, but how much removal do you expect an average deck to have to counter all this? Things are going to slip through eventually.

In SK You dont have to make anything to happen- everything in working as a pointslam deploy. 22 points deploy for 13 prov fucusya - no problem. 3x played defender summoned from graveyard - no problem. Unable to counter rain- no problem. Killing every unit - no problem - leader ability is hitting piercing armor so lets destroy it when wounded. You play NR? We have arnghardt for You - You won't put anything on the table, no problem.
How You want NR to play at all? With what? Scenario as only one have hard to play engine, draug was nerfed and adalia too so now the only reasonable target for Her for draug - Caravan guard - is unplayable. No mention that NR is until today only one faction without reasonable puryfier for opponents defender. And now wizards deck that is no so strong at all - if You win 1 in 2 games with that it is a good rate - but still too strong for You. Last time i accidentaly looked at piovinsion for primal rage - 4 provinsion for 2 dmg and a bear for 6 points? Easy 8 points at 4 provinsion, seriously? In compare to 5 privinsion in NR for black magic with same.condition to put 3p easy removal target revenant - so in practice barely 5 for 5? Wtf - why NR cards arw so bad designed in compare to SK? But You still say NR is strong - its ludicrous.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
In SK You dont have to make anything to happen- everything in working as a pointslam deploy. 22 points deploy for 13 prov fucusya - no problem. 3x played defender summoned from graveyard - no problem. Unable to counter rain- no problem. Killing every unit - no problem - leader ability is hitting piercing armor so lets destroy it when wounded. You play NR? We have arnghardt for You - You won't put anything on the table, no problem.
How You want NR to play at all? With what? Scenario as only one have hard to play engine, draug was nerfed and adalia too so now the only reasonable target for Her for draug - Caravan guard - is unplayable. No mention that NR is until today only one faction without reasonable puryfier for opponents defender. And now wizards deck that is no so strong at all - if You win 1 in 2 games with that it is a good rate - but still too strong for You. Last time i accidentaly looked at piovinsion for primal rage - 4 provinsion for 2 dmg and a bear for 6 points? Easy 8 points at 4 provinsion, seriously? In compare to 5 privinsion in NR for black magic with same.condition to put 3p easy removal target revenant - so in practice barely 5 for 5? Wtf - why NR cards arw so bad designed in compare to SK? But You still say NR is strong - its ludicrous.
[...]
Well, you are mistaken, I actually quite like NR, there are some really cool decks that can be made there, and I used a Draug deck for pro rank just a couple of seasons ago, so it's not unplayable at all. I recommend Poor Fucking Infantry for Draug targets, cheap and fast to set up. Coincidentally I did use a Skellige deck with ArnaCHAD this season for the rank, though. And I will admit it's hilarious pulling him out towards the end against mage decks breaking those Alumni apart, hahaha.. Thought I was the only one doing it: )

I call out every faction when there is something wrong with it, including Skellige, it's simply just not healthy for the game when bronze cards plays for like what, 50 points in ideal condition? It would be fine with a gold card as it requires some set up, but the current situation is just broken.

Well, you are mistaken, I actually quite like NR, there are some really cool decks that can be made there, and I used a Draug deck for pro rank just a couple of seasons ago, so it's not unplayable at all. I recommend Poor Fucking Infantry for Draug targets, cheap and fast to set up. Coincidentally I did use a Skellige deck with ArnaCHAD this season for the rank, though. And I will admit it's hilarious pulling him out towards the end against mage decks breaking those Alumni apart, hahaha.. Thought I was the only one doing it: )

I call out every faction when there is something wrong with it, including Skellige, it's simply just not healthy for the game when bronze cards plays for like what, 50 points in ideal condition? It would be fine with a gold card as it requires some set up, but the current situation is just broken.

Did You tried to play that what You suggesting that season against skellige? No mention SY with scoundrel (becaise its not so popular now)?

Did You tried to play that what You suggesting that season against skellige? No mention SY with scoundrel (becaise its not so popular now)?
Yeah, SK and SY are definitely the biggest counters against the Draug, but I did not base the entire deck around it, I also included siege and duels. SK (assuming you mean with Reckless Flurry) I always tried to never reveal I was a Draug deck until towards the end when they used up their charges.

Yeah, SK and SY are definitely the biggest counters against the Draug, but I did not base the entire deck around it, I also included siege and duels. SK (assuming you mean with Reckless Flurry) I always tried to never reveal I was a Draug deck until towards the end when they used up their charges.

Ok so You are aware that in current state of the game it is almost impossible to play effectively with Draug on levels 1 or pro facing skellige that is more that 50% games, and Yet - still - You clame that the only one thing that can win anything in NR against skellige like wizard deck (with struggle, but it can) is still too strong and need to be nerfed. Do I get it right?

Ok so You are aware that in current state of the game it is almost impossible to play effectively with Draug on levels 1 or pro facing skellige that is more that 50% games, and Yet - still - You clame that the only one thing that can win anything in NR against skellige like wizard deck (with struggle, but it can) is still too strong and need to be nerfed. Do I get it right?
Skellige was and still is beatable, just don't put all eggs in one basket with the Draug, not against them or anyone for that matter.

Nature's Gift is now the top leader (seriously OP), but it's great to feed the revenants with, everything has its counter.

Skellige was and still is beatable, just don't put all eggs in one basket with the Draug, not against them or anyone for that matter.

Nature's Gift is now the top leader (seriously OP), but it's great to feed the revenants with, everything has its counter.

I tottaly disagree - nature gift is strong but definitely not OP - its strongness lies in wide and tall play at the same time, yet still all is based on engines - if You control it, You win. In skellige hoever You don't have any engines - everything is pointslam + removals, played all over and all over again from graveyard. And it is OP , not nature gift. But it is tottaly off-topic, so my question is as ealier: what NR players should play against factions like skellige after You will nerf wizards deck?

I tottaly disagree - nature gift is strong but definitely not OP - its strongness lies in wide and tall play at the same time, yet still all is based on engines - if You control it, You win. In skellige hoever You don't have any engines - everything is pointslam + removals, played all over and all over again from graveyard. And it is OP , not nature gift. But it is tottaly off-topic, so my question is as ealier: what NR players should play against factions like skellige after You will nerf wizards deck?
If you know a way to "control" the treants, feel free to share. I'm not gonna tell you what to play, play what you like playing, the game is more enjoyable that way. There's definitely more viable NR decks out there than just mages, which will still be a good deck even if alumni gets rightfully nerfed.

If you know a way to "control" the treants, feel free to share. I'm not gonna tell you what to play, play what you like playing, the game is more enjoyable that way. There's definitely more viable NR decks out there than just mages, which will still be a good deck even if alumni gets rightfully nerfed.
:beer:

I will Sheare with no problem- Sabrina for wide control, scorch for hi units control, boiling Oil for Dunca, heatvave for gord - 90% wins against SC. And You know why I share and You no? Because I know my shit dude- I play only NR from open beta, any other faction, for more than 3 years now. I know its strengh and weaknesses. And when I hear that You can beat skellige with Draug, I only laugh on loud - You know why? Because I know that it just won't work, because I tried it more Times that You can imagine. Or when I hear that You can hold Draug until end of the game - draug is all about tempo, you need AMAP revenants to on board ASAP, even playing it in 3 move In last round is slow. Therefore if You won't get tremendously Lucky with for example 30points scorch, You end up beaten like a dog by Skellige and that is a fact. I dont like wizards because there is no sufficent control, and on top of that everybody is playing it - You see NR, You see wizards. But these is what I know: wizards is only one really viable deck that NR have right now. You nerf wizards without boosting anything in Exchange- NR will went into extinction for now.

Last edited:
I will Sheare with no problem- Sabrina for wide control, scorch for hi units control, boiling Oil for Dunca, heatvave for gord - 90% wins against SC. And You know why I share and You no? Because I know my shit dude- I play only NR from open beta, any other faction, for more than 3 years now. I know its strengh and weaknesses. And when I hear that You can beat skellige with Draug, I only laugh on loud - You know why? Because I know that it just won't work, because I tried it more Times that You can imagine. Or when I hear that You can hold Draug until end of the game - draug is all about tempo, you need AMAP revenants to on board ASAP, even playing it in 3 move In last round is slow. Therefore if You won't get tremendously Lucky with for example 30points scorch, You end up beaten like a dog by Skellige and that is a fact. I dont like wizards because there is no sufficent control, and on top of that everybody is playing it - You see NR, You see wizards. But these is what I know: wizards is only one really viable deck that NR have right now. You nerf wizards without boosting anything in Exchange- NR will went into extinction for now.
I'm talking about only the leader ability on ST, but sure Sabrina is great for the treants, on one row anyway. If you "knew" your stuff so well, I would think you wouldn't lose every game to SK, though. And there's absolutely no need to rush the Draug if your deck has more stuff in it than just the Draug, like siege for example.

People always try to claim only the "meta" decks are what's viable, because they lack imagination and download all their decks from someone else. Meditating mages were nerfed, yet I'm playing it today and doing really well with it, but as soon as it was nerfed all net deckers abandoned it.

Anyways, I'm 90% sure the alumni are getting nerfed whether you like it or not [...].

I think the easy solution for mages is to cap out patience at +5 value. NR shouldn't be able to automatically win because their opponent isn't a control deck, and it is broken for a 6pt card to hit for more than 5 points.

That said, after nerfing broken cards like Alumni and Fucushya, a lot of useless and terrible weak cards across all of the factions (there are probably a 100 at this point) should be updated or reworked, and give players the deck diversity they crave.

It's a lot harder to stop this from happening than it is to make it happen, let's consider how much removal a deck must have to stop it.

Raffard, instantly puts two threats on the board, and will keep on putting more mages that needs to be removed if you don't stop it, especially with winch. Shani, revives the mages you actually did remove, with the patience counter still intact, again two threats on the board. AA, makes these units really tall, let's not even talk about blue coin. Chapter of wizards, again two threats, one with shield. Then there's defender.

Well, I could just keep on going, but how much removal do you expect an average deck to have to counter all this? Things are going to slip through eventually.
Yeah Yeah.

Lets do this, you play like 10-15 games with NR mages and you show your results.

If you dont do that, please, just dont quote me and be happy.

All Your argument is based like If you need to kill all the NR cards, while you only need to control round 1 killing 2 ban ard studant or 2 aretuza studant

All Your argument is based like If you need to kill all the NR cards, while you only need to control round 1 killing 2 ban ard studant or 2 aretuza studant
I’ve neither played nor observed enough NR mages to state this with any authority, but I am far more inclined to believe Zokysp on this. Killing 2 Ban Ard or Aretuza students might shut off the zeal ability of the Alumni, but you still have to deal with removing the Alumni. And that’s assuming you don’t have to deal with defenders or cards summoned by Rafford, or Shani, or Chapter of Wizards, or Adalia, or Megascope. And it’s not counting the added challenge of removing boosted units drawn by AA or units given shields. And then you assume the only NR win con is the Alumni.

The only reason I see that mages does not dominate the meta is the huge number of equally broken cards in other factions.

I’ve neither played nor observed enough NR mages to state this with any authority, but I am far more inclined to believe Zokysp on this. Killing 2 Ban Ard or Aretuza students might shut off the zeal ability of the Alumni, but you still have to deal with removing the Alumni. And that’s assuming you don’t have to deal with defenders or cards summoned by Rafford, or Shani, or Chapter of Wizards, or Adalia, or Megascope. And it’s not counting the added challenge of removing boosted units drawn by AA or units given shields. And then you assume the only NR win con is the Alumni.

The only reason I see that mages does not dominate the meta is the huge number of equally broken cards in other factions.
But why you need to deal with alumni If they dont get enought points.

If you are playing with a deck wich distribute points betwen units, you need to kill The aretuza studants, since it doenst matter If alumni does 4 or 10 damages.

If your deck is more pointslam/engine you need to focus in Ban ard dtudants.

Of course in The second case If you let The aretuza studants goes to 6-10 (or even more), The alumni will do a lot of points, but even in those case your engines could be better and they wont be killed

If I can kill only Ban Ard students and not Aretuza students, the alumni often grant 6+ point boosts; if I deal only with Aretuza students, the Alumni deal 6+ damage. Alumni are only not a threat if I can deal with both types of students. So I either deal with 4 students or 2 students and Alumni. Keeping pace with six possible 4 or 6 provision units that play for 10+ points each and that are easily duplicated or replayed is not easy. Neither is removing them.

If I can kill only Ban Ard students and not Aretuza students, the alumni often grant 6+ point boosts; if I deal only with Aretuza students, the Alumni deal 6+ damage. Alumni are only not a threat if I can deal with both types of students. So I either deal with 4 students or 2 students and Alumni. Keeping pace with six possible 4 or 6 provision units that play for 10+ points each and that are easily duplicated or replayed is not easy. Neither is removing them.
Like i said to The other user, play it and share your results

I had this match against NR the other day, where I controlled the initial set up and tempo'd ahead pretty well in R1 on them and passed. The dude had basically nothing developed. Had a damage mage on the board with patience 1 maybe. No resilience, nothing. So he proceeds to go down 4 CARDS in R1 on me (I passed with 5 in hand and he had 1 card at the end of R1), then BLEEDS all his 4 cards in R2, plopping his mage guild whatever and wiping the board with 2 duelers and catching 2 cards up basically. So we enter R3 with him 2 cards down now. Still no resilient mages on his side. Couple of spammed alumnis later and those "boost by 5, renew ability and give zeal back LOL" cards and he wins by a comfortable 20 points. Didn't even use Shani. Granted, I was playing an off meta ST deck, but I feel like this should not happen in a match, no matter what the hell I play. The amount of points in this NR deck is just ridiculous.
Wondering how can your opponant had only one card while you had four card in the end of R1 ?

Top Bottom