Okay Time to Start a New Game?

+
I’ve been waiting a while to start a new game and wouldn’t mind doing so in the next few days, after finishing my last Playthrough’s endings. It looks like I’ll be missing out on some cosmetic corrections which bugs me, but I doubt that will be a hot fix. So, how long do people feel I’ll actually have prior to the next full blown patch (1.7 or whatever) being released. We know that an announcement about Phantom Liberty will be made in June but that’s really it, isn’t it? The only real concern I might have is making my next Playthrough yet another false start (which wouldn’t necessarily be horrible as I could detail out my next V’s looks and iron out his Perk progression. Sorry, just being nervous and looking for some community feedback.

That's the thing that sucks. Not knowing. If they want to do it right, they'll release the patch either on the day they give more info on PL, or like a week prior. So you can do another playthrough, but do it very slowly. That's my plan. I finished my playthrough last night, and next weekend will be creating another streetkid and playing super slow and carefully, doing a proper blade/netrunner build. Probably gonna try it on hard/very hard mode which will slow down my playthrough on top of it. lol. Also, I use the game to practice virtual photography so that helps make it slower.

That's the thing that sucks. Not knowing. If they want to do it right, they'll release the patch either on the day they give more info on PL, or like a week prior. So you can do another playthrough, but do it very slowly. That's my plan. I finished my playthrough last night, and next weekend will be creating another streetkid and playing super slow and carefully, doing a proper blade/netrunner build. Probably gonna try it on hard/very hard mode which will slow down my playthrough on top of it. lol. Also, I use the game to practice virtual photography so that helps make it slower.
Thanks for being there with me on this and yeah, it’s irritating. I’m also going pure Netrunner with 10 Body, 3 Reflexes, 20 Intelligence, 20 Technical Ability, and 20 Cool. I had a false start with this was early on in maybe 2021 but never tried again till now I think. If I feel the need to start again either due to the Expansion or a major bug update, I’ll probably feel okay doing so, but still: kinda wish I could avoid it.

Honestly we have a whole thread just about guessing when 1.7(or whatever they end up calling it) will come out. And with all the guessing and looking for clues we still have no real idea.

My best guess is they do a new NCW stream in June, it will have a deep dive on features, show the newest PL trailer, and give a release date, and then at the end of the stream they're like oh and the new patch is available now. Thats similar to what they've done in the past. However with Summer Games fest starting in June, they may do multiple events, Like show the trailer at SGF and then do a live stream on their own later on, or not do a live stream at all and just do SGF and then do a deep dive closer to PL release.

Some people think 1.7 will come several months before PL release which would put it in June/July for 1.7 with PL some time in September-November in those windows. Others think maybe PL comes out November/December and 1.7 is just part of PL release (1.7 changes being free and new story being paid) But again this is all just guessing,

Personally, for me I say just go for it, On PS4/5 I've had about 4 finished playthroughs and 3-5 unfinished. and on PC I've never actually completed it because I mess around with different mods and builds and either end up restarting to fix something or restarting to try something new. No such thing as a wasted run if you had fun with it.

"Okay Time to Start a New Game?"
My opinion >
- If you want to play, play.
- If you don't really want, don't.
- And if it's "not so much", wait a bit.
There is no "Okay time".

It's been a while since I played Cyberpunk, november if I remember (the longest period without playing CP since the release actually^^) and I plan to replay the game soon. I don't care if something will be release soon or not, when I will really want to replay the game, I'll replay it.

I started recently a new playthrough and I plan to play it slow. If there are a lot of changes in 1.7 I just plan to have a fresh start. I guess it mostly depends on how much you enjoy the game. I spent so much time in it and I still find thing I haven’t seen before, so I have fun.

Probably gonna try it on hard/very hard mode which will slow down my playthrough on top of it. lol.
I don’t think it will slow down your game since very hard is still kinda easy… you just receive more dmg that’s it. If you don’t try to tank 3-5 enemies at once it won’t differ at all. You get op around lvl 15-20 and get the feeling beeing back at super easy mode with every one hit insta kill you do ongoing from that lvl range….

Cyberpunks „Very Hard“ isn’t what you might expect compared to very hard in other games - not the slightest.

Last edited:
I’m ‘xactly how I’m playing this game. In my case Nomad. Sit back and NetRun with calmness I Quickhack’s like System reset, Contagion, all of them. I was grinding doing NCPD, messing with enemies. This is before I call Judy to begin the show. Lvl 44 Cred 50 & slowly doing side quest.
Good times.

When I created a new save I accidentally overwritten my other save because no character save partitions.

Top Bottom