Old Epidemic Artwork was better

+
Old Epidemic Artwork was better

The rat is cute and all, but I just find the old art so much better fitting the overall Witcher atmosphere... Dark, to the point, slightly disturbing. I hope I'm not the only one here and will keep my fingers crossed for bringing the old art style back for this card.

(Sorry if this request has already been posted - couldn't find it anywhere)

I do liked the old artwork as well but I think it might be give to some kind of new card in next patch. Some new card which probably kills...

I also liked the old artwork a lot and am hoping to see it again with a different ability.

However, I don't mind the current epidemic artwork. I think it fits the ability quite well.

partci

Forum veteran
As far as I understood, it was changed because in China it is not allowed dead bodies to be shown on... stuff.

I like the new artwork, though. It's fun.

Raunbjorn

They changed it because in China, you are not allowed to show a dead person. So they censored it I guess. That's my theory anyway. But bouncing tits are no biggie!

I didn't know the part about China. Thanks for the info guys and gals! Jeez, I hate censorship to an extent I can't express with words... Oh well :/

I personally like the new one more, but neither can really be better than the other one, it's a question of taste.

I hope some other card will get that artwork later, since there is art and animation already then why not use it just to give players 1 more card w/o much work (cause its already done)

4RM3D;n9463951 said:
Meanwhile...

And I could post many more...

You are right, there are many other cards in the game which depict death, etc. However, if you look on Reddit, you can see that these cards were changed/edited in the Chinese version (due to their censorship).
In scorch for example, they removed the skeletons. In Water hag/ Abaya, they removed the dead body. While removing these things depreciates the quality of the artwork (in my opinion), it still makes a playable card art that is OK by Chinese censorship standards.

However, I believe the reasoning behind the Epidemic change is that it is hard to change the old art to make it OK for China's censorship without completely removing the symbolism of the artwork. If you remove the body on the ground and the 2 hanged bodies, you just have 2 rats randomly floating in mid-air. You can't really change the old epidemic art to still represent an epidemic since removing the bodies kind of just leaves you with an empty picture. Whereas with the new card art, the rat still represents the epidemic and is still "China-censorship" friendly.

Vaishar;n9466171 said:
Here's a link to some changes: http://imgur.com/a/0b7UP

And i really really hope they dont discard the "specter" monsters because of the censorship.

Wow, that's some heavy censoring. I would definitely be pissed if they did that in my country (though not like that's every gonna happen).

No company in their right mind would give up the chance to enter a market as big as China's, even if it means changing some artworks.

That's pretty interesting. Although it's probably a Chinese language thing, I get the original cards since I installed in English.

Top Bottom