Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, I don't expect anymore info will get released until a gameplay trailer and a release date can go along with it.

Last edited:
Personally I'd very much like to see some confirmation about certain aspects of gameplay, no details, just some general things.

Will there definitely be multiplayer?
Will that multiplayer be co-op or competitive, or both?
Will the character backstory be predefined?
Will the combat system be primarily FPS or character stat/skill based?

Do I expect CDPR to answer these questions, no.
But some honest general info on the intended style of the game would certainly have helped No Mans Sky with the problems it's experiencing.

Personally I'd very much like to see some confirmation about certain aspects of gameplay, no details, just some general things.

Will that multiplayer be co-op or competitive, or both?
Will the character backstory be predefined?
Will the combat system be primarily FPS or character stat/skill based?

Do I expect CDPR to answer these questions, no.
But some honest general info on the intended style of the game would certainly have helped No Mans Sky with the problems it's experiencing.

I understand why they're doing it, but there is also a downside. Larian did a great job at improving their games, when they adopted a very open dialogue with player base since going Kickstarter, gaining a ton of good feedback in return...Sword Coast Legends failed because developers did exactly opposite.
Some of issues in Witcher III( in particular with open world scaling and combat system) could have been easily averted this way.

Last edited:

Multiplayer? Yes. and i am pretty certain that they will make it a co-oop multiplayer experience because let's be honest : A TDM or CTF won't be something any on us wants to see in a RPG game. (just imagine how great it would have been to hunt fiends with your friends in witcher 3, but Battleroyaling against 5 other witchers? nope).

Multiplayer? Yes. and i am pretty certain that they will make it a co-oop multiplayer experience because let's be honest : A TDM or CTF won't be something any on us wants to see in a RPG game. (just imagine how great it would have been to hunt fiends with your friends in witcher 3, but Battleroyaling against 5 other witchers? nope).

How about hunting a dragon with 3 other witchers, ey? :D

"At least one AAA rpg a strong plus"...has there ever been an rpg's which entailed driving/vehicles? I can't think of any( not thinking of Mass effect Mako). Bit curious on how they will handle "vehicle combat"...hope it's something more interesting than drive by shooting. Mad Max, from what I hear, did this well.

Would be great if we had a separate skill tree for that..that part ( as with riding) is always overlooked.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/senior-gameplay-designer-vehicles/

This just went up on Twitter. I think it's safe to say they have full intentions of drivable vehicles at this point.

The most interesting job opening to me(which is no longer there anymore,meaning it's filled I guess) was "Exploration Gameplay Programmer"

An oddly specific position, but broad enough to spark much imagination.

The most interesting job opening to me(which is no longer there anymore,meaning it's filled I guess) was "Exploration Gameplay Programmer"

An oddly specific position, but broad enough to spark much imagination.

Did you see who got it? Thank the gods, for CDPR job offerings, otherwise we'd have nothing to speculate. :p

I'm still early in, but Enderal so far does it, perhaps better than any open world to date. Scarcity of gold/equipment, rare but wide variety of handplaced items, "buying" your skills, danger of discovery...all work so well in tandem here, that exploration never stops feeling tempting and rewarding.

You can see how Sure AI understood exactly the mistakes other open world games have made ( and which they continue to make) and from their direct player experience ( while having little "official/university" education) knew exactly how to handle them.

Did you see who got it? Thank the gods, for CDPR job offerings, otherwise we'd have nothing to speculate. :p

I'm still early in, but Enderal so far does it, perhaps better than any open world to date. Scarcity of gold/equipment, rare but wide variety of handplaced items, "buying" your skills, danger of discovery...all work so well in tandem here, that exploration never stops feeling tempting and rewarding.

You can see how Sure AI understood exactly the mistakes other open world games have made ( and which they continue to make) and from their direct player experience ( while having little "official/university" education) knew exactly how to handle them.

No idea who got the job, but as for the position itself, I think it has more to do with traversal mechanics then level design and interactivity.

One of the descriptions mentioned specifically providing "good feeling gameplay", if I recall.

This is all pure speculation of course.

Something else that is really cool, CDPR hired an actual architect to help design Night City.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcin-...me&authToken=2sRX&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

Last edited:
"At least one AAA rpg a strong plus"...has there ever been an rpg's which entailed driving/vehicles? I can't think of any( not thinking of Mass effect Mako)

There is Xenoblade X from the Japanese RPG developer, Monolith Soft. You can pilot giant mechs in an open world environment and fight enemies in them.

https://img.fireden.net/vg/image/1449/72/1449725696232.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom