Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sardukhar;n8052990 said:
It was a) to check for interest and b) act as a job offer.

If the wait is getting to you, then let go of it. You don't need hope - this isn't a sports match or gambling event. CDPR is working steadily away. It'll be done when it's done.

Plus, there's so much great stuff to play this year!

after ive played the witcher i rarely see something that i like
i bought horizon zero dawn and its pretty awsome the graphics the gameplay the story seems to be good but its still doesnt compare to witcher

samoilaaa;n8055580 said:
after ive played the witcher i rarely see something that i like
i bought horizon zero dawn and its pretty awsome the graphics the gameplay the story seems to be good but its still doesnt compare to witcher

Of course not, but demanding everything you play be the same quality as Witcher just means you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Which is what has happend to my brother... his demands for how a rpg game should be is so narrow, and the types of rpg games he tends to like is also so narrow... that anything which is not exacly like Skyrim, is at best "ok'ish"... and to my brother the amount of games which he consider to be exacly like Skyrim is... well... zero.

So currently my brother has a huge problem... because since Skyrim came out he has played it almost daily, for anything from a couple of hours, to the entire day... and then about a year ago he finally reached a point where Skyrim was not really doing it for him as much anymore, and come autumn last yeah he finally reached a point where he has a very hard time playing the game anymore. He has probably not logged more then a few handfull of hours since then, an amount of time that he normally could easily go through in a day or three in the past.

His problem is that Skyrim was THE rpg game for him, no other rpg game can come close... sure he likes a few others rpgs, and he has played/tried some several other rpg's over the years, but they only lasted him a few days to a few weeks or so at the most... nothing like Skyrim. So during the last yeah, but especially during the last 4'ish months, my brother has tried to find replacements, but nothing is good enough for him. And I am guessing that chances are that it is not untill Elder Scrolls 6 that he might, just might, find what he is looking for... the problem there though is that TES6 is currently as far as we know very many years away, maybe even 5+ years away. He is hoping that Mass Effect Andromeda might be the game, the problem there is that he does not have a computer that can play it, and he does not have the money really to get one that could.

This to me is a huge problem that I am glad that I do not have. Because it seems to limits you so much in what you can play and enjoy to such a degree that I don't know how the people who "suffer" from this deals with it. I almost never find my self in a spot where I don't feel that I can find a new game to play once I am done with the previous ones.

Plus Skyrim is bad (bad) game. you have no impact in the world. even after you walk in to heaven to kill the devil the guards are sassing you about sweet rolls. It's an Anti RPG.

I Honestly think after their sterling work on the Witcher games this is their (CDPR) move to evolve away from a fixed protagonist. How it will shake out i don't know, but evolving the mechanics slowly is less likely to go totally off the rails and be terrible.

Bioware had been doing the same thing till they got EAed to death.

Sardukhar;n8056000 said:
Of course not, but demanding everything you play be the same quality as Witcher just means you're going to be disappointed a lot.

i just hope that waiting for so long will be worth it
i want this to be the perfect rpg
no other developer can do it

Hoplite_22;n8061530 said:
I Honestly think after their sterling work on the Witcher games this is their (CDPR) move to evolve away from a fixed protagonist. How it will shake out i don't know, but evolving the mechanics slowly is less likely to go totally off the rails and be terrible.

Bioware had been doing the same thing till they got EAed to death.

If your saying that EA forced Bioware to start making the main protagonist in their games be fixed characters... then that is totally wrong. Bioware has been making games with fixed protagonists since befor EA started to sniff around looking to buy them.

And actually, by the looks of things Bioware basicly permanently made that move to fixed protagonists befor EA came around. The last game Bioware made with a none fixed protagonist was in 2003, when the last expansion to Neverwinter Nights came out. After that every single game they have made (from what I can see on their list) has had fixed main characters.

EA did not buy Bioware untill 2007... so the same year that Mass Effect came out. Bioware had at that time already been working on Mass Effect for atleast 3 years (possibly more), and by such a time there is nothing that is going to change with how a game is, not even being bought by EA. And Dragon Age Origins, which came out in 2009 (so only 2 years after EA bought them), was a game which Bioware had been working on since 2002... for DAO there is a chance that EA might have had an influence on it with the protagonist, but I doubt it, since 2 years out from release is way to deep into development to make any major changes I feel.

So yeah... EA did not force Bioware to start making fixed protagonists for their games... they did that all by them selves, and had turned into a company which only made fixed protagonists for their game befor EA came around. Now... EA might have had a hand in this for any game from about Mass Effect 2 and forwards, but even there I don't think that EA forced them to make their games with fixed protagonists. I am certain though that EA might have had a hand in why Dragon Age 2 was forced out so fast as it was though.

a discussion about the blackout on game development updates.

first and foremost apologize in advance for the clickbait-ish name, but that is what i settled on.

i wanted to share my personal thoughts and ideas regarding the scarce to none on the updates regarding cp77:

1) the witcher 3 early trailers show different quest outlines that differ to extant from the released play, to an example a griffin contract by dijkstra, and griffin hunt realted to johnny quest.

also there was originaly more gore and blood, and of course, the infamus downgrade.

2) cut content,

we eventually learned that there were more content in the game regarding iorveth, sasskia, the war and the catrina plague that was cut,

those two reasons make me belive that they don't want to repeat those, that want to take their time, slowly and meaningfully to wave all the rich contact thay want in a way that will feel organic in game pacing and quality storytelling to boot.

also. they want to show gameplay trailers representing actual game scenarios, with the real graphic and lightning and textures in the final version 1.00 version.

3) they are also puting a lot of resources on the mystery aaa title, which not necsseraly, but may hold back on development resources,

i'd like to hear your opinions and ideas on the matter, remember, the reds are here watching, waiting.

maybe they will give us a wink or somthing :)

This looks a lot like an Update Discussion thread. I'll leave it for now, but an eventual merge is likely. If it turns into a bitchfest or copy of the Update thread, that merge will be pretty fast.

Doubt they're heavily into development of other title or diverting as much resources from Cyberpunk... a lot is resting on how it turns out.
But they def seemed too "eager" with last game, so it's understandable.
More disappointing to see lack of any communication...even on unofficial BSN( after shutting their forums down), there is more presence by the developers.

I know i'm not a part of CDPR but honestly, to me, it seems like they could atleast say what console it's going to be for, or heck even a screenshot of a street. It does not have to be major. I know that anything they say will start a chain of rumors but the same is happening with the silence. Peoples minds wander. Its what makes us human. CDPR said they want to be like bethesda when it came to fallout 4 and announce it one day and release it soon after. That would be cool and all except for they released the teaser 4 years ago. Now it's all suspense

I'm fine with the blackout.

I mean its CDPR. At least I know they are working on it. It's not like it is a kickstarter that hasn't really made any updates on actual game progress in a year and just goes to trade shows and cons with statements of "really excited about this game, really excited about bringing it to life" with zero playable progress and no updates almost a full year after it was supposed to be in backers hands aside from a side game put together on the company time that they are charging extra for.

Starr Mazer I'm looking at you.

mardunaki;n8066490 said:
https://youtu.be/YlwY8RR_-r4?t=4s
all this guys must immediately cooperate with CDPR!
https://youtu.be/kh4qpQfQFlE
that's really immersive atmospheric level design
https://youtu.be/wO0EKdy44fE?t=1m16s

These look pretty, don't get me wrong, but the aesthetic is still a bit off for the CP2077 world.

That and while they look nice, there is a big difference in using premade assets in the UT4 engine and programming them into a new engine like the REDengine.

That being said, no reason these people couldn't conceivably apply to work for CDPR, but they need a bit more practice and guidance.

we know it's coming between this year and 2021 so what more info could you need?

joking aside, there is really no point in thinking too much about it, there is so much other amazing cyberpunk media coming out this year alone

they were just way too enthusiastic back then that they got the project, and they had much less experience. if they went back in time with what they learned during the witcher 3, I doubt they would release the teaser. it's a relatively safe guess that their "project 3" will follow a much more fallout 4-like release schedule.

Yeah, CDPR put info out there about the game way befor they would normally have done. Like anywhere from 3-5 years earlier then they normally would have. I think that for most of their previous games they did not really put out the information that said game was on it's way untill roughly 2 years befor they where released... which means that if they had followed the same pattern with CP2077, then we would not have really known about it untill somewhere in the range of 2016-2018'ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom