Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't mind. Take your time CDProjekt.. I bet this will be a game changer (pun wasn't intended).

Last edited:
I think they're going to need more of everything. More time, more people, money, etc.

right, the game maybe got bigger than expected or they are really going the same scale as the Witcher 3, which means this beast is going to be huge and massiv, if so they really need more people, the CP team is right now about 50 people but for such a scale it needs to be bigger.
they already hire again with ads on all their social media sites

Ah, quite some time since last heard anything about CP77, only to hear no news of it till the next 2 years! Well, at least got me into returning here, otherwise amidst work and relentlessly playing The Witcher 3.

right, the game maybe got bigger than expected or they are really going the same scale as the Witcher 3, which means this beast is going to be huge and massiv, if so they really need more people, the CP team is right now about 50 people but for such a scale it needs to be bigger.
they already hire again with ads on all their social media sites

Nope. their size is about 200 at the moment.

The Witcher 3 finally got CDP the recognition they long deserved, and when CP77 comes out, pretty sure they'll be crowned king.

Nope. their size is about 200 at the moment.

Before active development on CP2K77 was halted to finish W3, 50 people were working on it. They supported the others one W3. Once everything Witcher is finally done, the whole pack of 200 will move to CP.

So basically both of you are right... in a way.

Before active development on CP2K77 was halted to finish W3, 50 people were working on it. They supported the others one W3. Once everything Witcher is finally done, the whole pack of 200 will move to CP.

So basically both of you are right... in a way.

Wow 50 to 200, didn't realize when did that happen too, time just flies. Yeah so right now with a 200 strong force expect it to grow even further in the next 2 years.
*makes preparation to move to Poland*

really? i thought 200 people are the whole CDPRED team and 50 people are the CP77 team.....ohh looks like i was wrong

Yeah naturally most of them will move to CP77 after they're 'finally' done with The Witcher 3, with probably few secret few working on the next secret project.

its much better for them to leave everyone in the dark tell they have something to show that is a real game then to show what they think it will be like that way no one can have any expectations

That's what I said............ 50 of those 200........

right, when i wrote that comment, i couldnt see that you already replyed to it........

right, at the moment the CP77 coreteam can work again on CP, together with a huge part of the Witcher team, only a small part of the Witcher team is still working on the dlcs, they will probably soon discuss (or they alread did) what their next tripple A title will be, maybe Witcher again maybe something new, then the size of the different teams will change again

I am finding conflicting numbers in how many employees they have. Wikipedia states ~450 of them, those numbers though are from December, and the link it is pointing at (on CDPR homepage) where those numbers where found is now stating "over 230", and then on another page on CDPR homepage they say that they are over 300... and then at linked in it says 200-500. I have also seen other numbers at other places as well, where it is also stated that CDPR has grown a lot in a short period of time, and that they have grown to much and have goten to big, a so ayin t v becomsler, etc.

So I don't know which numbers to trust. :unsure:

So who knows... XD

Last edited:
I am finding conflicting numbers in how many employees they have. Wikipedia states ~450 of them, those numbers though are from December, and the link it is pointing at (on CDPR homepage) where those numbers where found is now stating "over 230", and then on another page on CDPR homepage they say that they are over 300... and then at linked in it says 200-500. I have also seen other numbers at other places as well, where it is also stated that CDPR has grown a lot in a short period of time, and that they have grown to much and have goten to big, a so ayin t v becomsler, etc.

So I don't know which numbers to trust. :unsure:

So who knows... XD

ok let me explain:

Its technicall not one big company, its separated. There is the company, which is called CDProjekt, who coordinates everthing, and then there is CDProjektRED which is the studio who creates the games, and then there is GOG, who sells games.
This means that as a whole they have 450 employees but seperated in those different companies

i would estimate it looks like this ( i dont know the numbers for sure):

CDProjekt: ~170 employees
CDProjektRED: ~200 employees
GOG: ~80 employees

Last edited:
I´m broken :sad:

They probably don´t want people to skip TW3 for CP ;)
Guess I´ll have to be patient then.

ok let me explain:

Its technicall not one big company, its separated. There is the company, which is called CDProjekt, who coordinates everthing, and then there is CDProjektRED which is the studio who creates the games, and then there is GOG, who sells games.
This means that as a whole they have 450 employees but seperated in those different companies

i would estimate it looks like this ( i dont know the numbers for sure):

CDProjekt: ~170 employees
CDProjektRED: ~200 employees
GOG: ~80 employees

The ~450 empoyees is specificly stated on the CD Project RED wikipedia page though, not the CD Project page (where there are no employee numbers shown, neither does it seem to be on GoG's wiki page). And the link that the CDPR wiki page directly pointed at as the source of those numbers (450) was to a page on CDPR's own homepage... not CD Projects page.

Now... you are probably right about what you are saying... I just feel that, due to circumstances, things are pointing towards that CDPR might have had 450 employees at one point, but are now down to over 230 (unless that has changed again since when ever they changed the page to say 230). We do know that they had at one point 300 employees after all, since that is stated on another page on CDPR's homepage, so I do not thing it is inconceivable that CDPR might have had 450 at one point.

The ~450 empoyees is specificly stated on the CD Project RED wikipedia page though, not the CD Project page (where there are no employee numbers shown, neither does it seem to be on GoG's wiki page). And the link that the CDPR wiki page directly pointed at as the source of those numbers (450) was to a page on CDPR's own homepage... not CD Projects page.

Now... you are probably right about what you are saying... I just feel that, due to circumstances, things are pointing towards that CDPR might have had 450 employees at one point, but are now down to over 230 (unless that has changed again since when ever they changed the page to say 230). We do know that they had at one point 300 employees after all, since that is stated on another page on CDPR's homepage, so I do not thing it is inconceivable that CDPR might have had 450 at one point.

as much as i know CDProjekt has 450 employees (80 at gog) and CDProjektRED has now 230 employees (last year it was 200)

Well, I see the 2017 announcement as a good thing since it indicates a development time of appropriate length. Hopefully with the revenue from TW3 they won't have to sign deals with companies like Microsoft or whatever again though. I'd prefer them to do their marketing just as they want to.

Yeah, while publishers have their uses I really think they are the bane of creativity and quality in games.
Make more games faster, who cares if the actual game creators company suffers a loss of credibility in whats still a very word-of-mouth industry.

Yep. Heaven forbid that the actual devs are at fault.Can't blame it on cultural depravity and simple creative ineptitude.

Big no-no.

It's the evil money-grubbing capitalists. I'm telling ya. Grumble grumble.

/*goes playing some random obscure roguelike no one ever heard of*/

Last edited:
I think the Witcher 2 & 3 prove that wrong (yeah TW2 had some QTE's but I digress). I do agree whole heartedly though that the new Tomb Raider sucks from the bottom of my broken tomb raid yearning heart.

You didn't like the game at all? I always enjoyed Tomb Raider and I liked the new one enough to be peeved that the sequel was a console only affair.

2017...yuck, I was kind of hoping for information to start leaking out within weeks of the W3 release. I don't know how many times I can keep watching the same few vids on youtube.

You didn't like the game at all? I always enjoyed Tomb Raider and I liked the new one enough to be peeved that the sequel was a console only affair.

2017...yuck, I was kind of hoping for information to start leaking out within weeks of the W3 release. I don't know how many times I can keep watching the same few vids on youtube.

I'm excited if it's true to cyberpunk theme, and stands firmly apart story, theme, environment wise while looking just as great as the witcher 3 or better engine wise. My problem with lots of sci-fi games, is the story just seems to be the same but in a sci-fi theme or era. You could take the story and apply it to any theme or era lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom