Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum veteran
Start at 28:05. "Contacted by CDPR 3-4 years ago".
Thanks for that. I found 33:25 especially interesting:

"When they talk about doing a role-playing game, it won't be, 'yeah it's a shooter with some role-playing stuff in it.' It's going to be more it's role-playing and things that happen that matter, but with a lot of really cool shooter and netrunning and other things tied into that."

Being the cynical bastard that I am, that sounds to me almost as vague as "It's not going to be multiplayer shooter" that was said earlier. :p

It's gonna be a videogame, where you shoot people, get greater skill and do stuff.
They're not going to reinvent the wheel, they're here to sell games.
And since "this one has a greater potential than blablabla", you can expect it won't be anything close to a pnp, when it comes to roleplay, it'll probably have a lot of different things to do and all, it's gonna be a good game (I think), but not any revolution, unless they have some geniuses.
Just look a The Witcher, it's good, story is cool, the univeses is nice, but it's just a videogame, like any other in it's category, it's just "better".
At this point, gaming industry being what it is. I just hope it's gonna be good and entertaining.

You shouldn't be expecting "too much" (well, not something breaking new grounds in term of programming and stuff) from them, look at The Witcher 3 and ask yourself "what would it look like in the Cyberpunk world" and it'll probably look like this with a few more stuff to make it a coherent world.
Tho, there'll probably have a lot of mix of different sci-fi games, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Fallout, when it comes to gameplay with a few "CDPR's special" stuff inside.

Last edited:
Well, these days any game that pays more then passing attention to role-play, consequences, and relatively lethal combat (where you don't just respawn 30 seconds later) is pretty revolutionary.
I'm also very amused by how many people can't figure out advanced graphics and big seamless open worlds cannot coexist. You only have so much processing power, you can devote it to level of detail or amount of objects.

You shouldn't be expecting "too much"

I expect to be ultimately disappointed. That's not too much, aye? :p

I do have a large assortment of hopes and wishes to which I hold on to differing degrees and I keep my fingers crossed, but things don't have the tendency to work my way.

the CP77 news right now feel a lot like

Like with any new game I'll worry about system requirements a month or so before release and buy at release, or not, depending on them.

It was. I moved it!

Well, they immediately contradicted themselves. In the first line no less.

It's not going to be completely different. That'd be, I dunno, Tetris and Cyberpunk 2077. Or maybe Poker. Whatever.

It will have lots and lots in common, I'm sure. Quests, as mentioned. RPG based stats andgear and progression of some kind. Violent, violent combat. Grey area moral decisions. A whoooooole lot of travelling. Monsters, albeit of the technological kind.

And that's good.

But I think he's saying that betting this will be a Witcher 3 reskin with guns is a poor bet.

And that's good too.

I for one am heartened by the increase in attention for 2077. How many interviews/articles involving CDPR or Mike have come up in the last 6 weeks where 2077 has been talked about?

I for one am heartened by the increase in attention for 2077. How many interviews/articles involving CDPR or Mike have come up in the last 6 weeks where 2077 has been talked about?

Just a couple tidbits in this thread and nothing new other then them saying CP is finally taking priority. Mike seemed on the verge of commenting on the setting and story, but didn't elaborate.

Cyberpunk Release Date Speculation and DIscussion

I saw an interesting article thisafternoon about the release date: http://segmentnext.com/2015/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-may-be-getting-a-late-2016-release/. I couldn't find a thread for this particular topic so I guess I'll make one.

Now that we are moving towards 2016 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has had all its deserved success, all eyes are on CD Projekt Red’s other project. Cyberpunk 2077 was announced way back in 2012 way before The Witcher 3 was released onto the world, and will be the companies next major title.

With expectations high for the game, one of the most anticipated announcements has to be the release date. It appears that Gamereactor Germany and “sources” close to CD Projekt Red believe the game will be released at the end of 2016.

This does seem like a believable date, especially since the game has been in development for so long. As we know from The Witcher 3 though, delays can happen. Also the fact that there has been no official release date announcement means that this should be treated as a rumour for now. What we may find is that an announcement comes at next year’s E3. It is safe to assume that we’ll be hearing some details about the game during 2016.
Another interesting thing to note about the game is the fact that it is only officially announced for the PC. It would be a surprise if this stays the case, especially after The Witcher 3 success. I’m sure we’ll be getting news of an Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release soon too.
With the level of speculation surrounding the game, it is clear that there is a lot of anticipation for this release. I’m sure that there are many fans (including me) hoping that The Witcher 3 has influenced the development of the game, and that Cyberpunk 2077 will be an even more impressive experience. If it is coming in 2016, this could be one of the biggest games of the year.
Are you looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077? Let us know your thoughts on the game and rumoured release date news below.

It cites this website (which is in German and I cant read): http://www.gamereactor.de/News/2829...Cyberpunk+2077+nun+Ende+2016+veroffentlichen/

It claims late 2016 "may be" the release window. I have my doubts as that seems fast to me. I was always under the impression that late 2017 was when we could start expecting CP 2077. I also have to question the usefulness of posting an article saying that the game "may" be released then. But it did get me thinking about it, so I guess it served its purpose. What do you all think about the release date/window?

Personally I'm taking all release date rumors with a grain of salt.

Don't get me wrong I would love to get a late 2016 release date.

But at the same time too I don't want this game to be released too early.

CDPR never rushes out a game.

I will always go by their quote "When its done."

If I would say release date wise either 2017 at the earliest or 2019 at the latest.

Last edited:
There's all sorts of stuff going on about this. CDPR has also said that they have no intention to talk about CP until 2017, and that all the time until then has been reserved for Witcher 3 and its expansions. This sounds a bit... odd, considering that they have all the 16 free DLC's out and the first of the bigger ones and unless they've planned on further DLC's/expansions, they'd be making the second big DLC and patches all of next year.

I take their word for it, though. I'd expect a release earliest at the end of 2017, and perhaps ranged all the way to 2019 at worst. There's a hint (just a hint) of symbolism in that (2017) for being exactly 60 years before the game, though that is admittedly pretty far fetched.

In any case, they should start dropping at least some hints. It's getting awfully quite down here with nothing to discuss or speculate or draw conclusions from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom