Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, gotta love the Chinese Whispers method of game-reporting (aka "Clickbait")

The article quoted in the OP gives this as its source for the "four years" statement:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/cyberp...d-confirms-launch-window-its-ambitious-518269
(Article came out in March, btw)

That article states "... will launch within the next four years" and gives its source as this Dualshockers article, also from March:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03...-more-revolutionary-than-originally-intended/
which says:
"Kiciński also talked about the studio’s long development cycles, mentioning that between 2017 and 2021 they have two major games (one of which is Cyberpunk 2017, and the other is an unannounced AAA RPG) in the plans, plus other projects about which they can’t talk at all for the moment."

which means that the situation is unchanged. "Between 2017 and 2021".

Forum veteran
This is why they should try to actually communicate some stuff with their fans. They don't have to be an open book, but something beyond the piles of absolutely nothing we currently get would be nice. Otherwise some two-bit clickbait huckster can get everyone all riled up and no one can prove whether it's meaningless sensationalism or grounded in reality.

But since that won't happen, we clearly have to kill all the game journalists. It's the only way.

Forum veteran
"Have a high five! It'll be aimed somewhere between your hand and your face."
"You really shouldn't have drank that. It's somewhere between safe and poisonous."
"Good or bad news! Your tumor is somewhere between benign and malignant."

A time window that mirrors the 4-year gap between the second and third Witcher game despite it already being 3 years since the teaser trailer came out isn't exactly saying anything.

The article makes it sound like they haven't even entered full production yet.....

That's not true is it? I thought they've been working on the game for around 4 years or so now.

This is what a lot of people are assuming now, that they are now only starting production and these past four years haven't even been working on it.

It just *might* explain the lack of mod support for TW3. I've always suspected they've been too busy updating and creating a new engine, as they have for each new game. Bethesda, king of mod support, does not do this.

The article makes it sound like they haven't even entered full production yet.....

That's not true is it? I thought they've been working on the game for around 4 years or so now.

This is what a lot of people are assuming now, that they are now only starting production and these past four years haven't even been working on it.
I really hope that CDPR were working on CP 2077 somewhat during those four years. Maybe they were making concept art, working on the gameplay (ideas), and has a rough draft of the story whatever it may be. Lets just hope that CP 2077 will succeed in everything from the story to the gameplay.

I thought they've been working on the game for around 4 years or so now.

it would be kind of crazy if they didn't do anything on this game for four years

i mean i assume they had at least their writers and the art team work on this game right? long pre production phases aren't a bad thing and i know they had to build a team first but four years?

it makes totally sense, first, they were working on tw3, updates, expansions, etc, now they are updating the engine, programs, etc, "within the next four years, at least we have not an idea when is this coming out, it's way better than "when it's ready" they are starting and that is a good start.
if they are no starting they can include some of the ideas we wrote and keep writing in this forums, to help them getting started

this also means that i will need a new pc for this game, it's too early to talk about system requirements, is it not?

thank you for the info

It makes no sense though. Why would they even announce the game, have a CGI teaser built, etc, if they aren't even working on it or starting work on it until four years after the fact?

On top of this, I thought the Cyberpunk team was other developers and people who had finished or weren't working on TW3?

1. The trailer was a job advertisement. This has been said. It wasn't to make you suffer or because they love you. It was to attract potential employees - and - test interest from the public. Job done.

2. We aren't owed diddly. "When it's done" is perfectly fair from a creative standpoint. Privilege of authors. Don't like, it pretend it's not happening and move along for a few years.

3. Yes, it sucks. BOY DOES IT SUCK. Let's plan a group-visit to Poland. At night, because it's thematic!

At least its not some Half Life 3 release date malarkey.

Besides CPDR have said before they planned to release it between 2017-2021 so its not a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom