Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are working on the gwent game now, so if there is a trailer from cdpr at e3 it will be gwent, e3 2018 will probably show a new teaser, to unleash a new hype wave all over the world

it didn't even occur to me gwent wouldn't be out by e3 2017. I guess anything is possible, but that's a long time. beta starts next month.

I'd be surprised if the game had half the things we requested considering the sheer volume of ideas. CDPR sure knows how to take their time. :D

Yep, we're reading these kinds of threads all the time. There's always good ideas out there. :)

Don't take this as an troll attempting or a mocking one... Just a humorous content...

I really don't want to see in cyberpunk my health regenerating because while i am shooting i am eating a roasted chicken leg... please avoid it XD

There's cyberware for that...

It was mostly a phrase to say: Please avoid gamey compromises that make no sense.... if there is a cyberware implant that makes you regenerate is a thing...

Having your character swinging a sword and eat roast chicken at the same time... is just plain stupid and feel plastic..

Yep, we're reading these kinds of threads all the time. There's always good ideas out there. :)

Gives us the same lethal dark alley-rock'n'roll-punk gangs vibe that CP2020 delivers, in a updated way, and I'm sold.

It was mostly a phrase to say: Please avoid gamey compromises that make no sense.... if there is a cyberware implant that makes you regenerate is a thing...

Having your character swinging a sword and eat roast chicken at the same time... is just plain stupid and feel plastic..

Small but long term boosts I can live with.

Especially with drugs...it would be interesting if they added a visual/audio alteration while you're "high".

Nah, I was being a smart ass. The regenerative cyberware in Cyberpunk 2020 is very, very powerful - it lets you take a mere week to heal where before it would take months! You can be up and walking slowly in a couple days instead of weeks! Ah..be careful not to do anything taxing though or back in bed you go!

Not even kidding.

Healing in Cyberpunk isn't fast.

The very top of the line stuff, ( before eraser or Wisdom or Su or Redge or some other hardcore corrects me) does reduce your healing time down to a couple days - but that's very, very expensive and depends on you not being really, really, really badly hurt.

So, if they stick to the PnP idea, regenerating health will NOT be a thing. Nor fancy-dan medpacks of magicness. Getting hurt, well, hurts.

This and more are the reasons why Cpunk players avoid combat if they are smart. And not in ACPA.

We had a whole discussion on how "real" the combat is going to be compared to the famously nasty PnP combat system.. @blank_redge probably knows where it is. If only he'd tell.

So, if they stick to the PnP idea, regenerating health will NOT be a thing. Nor fancy-dan medpacks of magicness. Getting hurt, well, hurts.

This and more are the reasons why Cpunk players avoid combat if they are smart. And not in ACPA.

We had a whole discussion on how "real" the combat is going to be compared to the famously nasty PnP combat system.. @blank_redge probably knows where it is. If only he'd tell.
I'm actually looking forward to the screams from the FPS crowd when they run into the CP2020 combat/healing system.
What? Realism? But ... but ... I should be able to make Rambo look like a whimp! Also the ones from the folks that try to wear ACPA ... what do you mean I can't fit thru the door? The floor collapsed under me that's not fair!

Last edited:
Small but long term boosts I can live with.

Especially with drugs...it would be interesting if they added a visual/audio alteration while you're "high".

The drugs thing makes me think there should be drug implants that you can use over and over. Similar to glanding drugs in Iain Banks' Culture books. However, the usual chances of addictions, overdoses, and other nastiness should apply.

Not an MMO?

The PC gamer article and its description of the Multiplayer aspect made it sound like you are aiming for an MMO, but not sure if your team is technically capable to handle the transition to that kind of game server architecture.

I like the concept and think it would make a great MMO, I was wondering what is limiting that level of development at your studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom