Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zagor-Te-Nay;n7332430 said:
But when it comes to design of base game mechanics...video games have been long enough for people to understand what works and why.
Oh? Then why are people demanding photorealistic graphics with realistic depth-of-field and 60+ framed-per-second?

Most folks have no clue what limitations game design has to deal with. Some do, in fact many of the folks in this particular forum probably do, but gamers in general?

Last edited:
Zagor has one thing right: CDPR is too green to release a game without fan feedback. They aren't Rockstar, they aren't Blizzard. They don't have the QA those companies have. So they should indeed get community feedback. I've seen at least two vid conferences where the devs complained about not having enough time or QA testing. I'm not linking them because it'd be douchey of me, but believe me they're out there. They simply are not ready to announce and release a game without community/press feedback.

Suhiira;n7334590 said:
Oh? They why are people demanding photorealistic graphics with realistic depth-of-field and 60+ framed-per-second?

Most folks have no clue what limitations game design has to deal with. Some do, in fact many of the folks in this particular forum probably do, but gamers in general?

Not even mentioning that many of the games that have the best texture usually come up with very schematic level design or less and less object in the screen that makes the world feel almost empty....

Garrison72;n7324640 said:
While I don't believe in design by committee, let's face it, feedback from the community helped all three Witcher games.

Yeah. They absolutely shouldn't neglect community feedback or take the audience for granted (nor make a game specifically for the part of the audience that can be taken for granted). The community is an invaluable asset to take pointers, feedvack and general ideas from, and communicating with them might prove more useful than not (professional devs can - or should be able to - sift through the crud and what's valuable).

Garrison72;n7335000 said:
Zagor has one thing right: CDPR is too green to release a game without fan feedback. They aren't Rockstar, they aren't Blizzard. They don't have the QA those companies have. So they should indeed get community feedback. I've seen at least two vid conferences where the devs complained about not having enough time or QA testing. I'm not linking them because it'd be douchey of me, but believe me they're out there. They simply are not ready to announce and release a game without community/press feedback.
* just chuckles to herself *
Is that so? Then I guess Witcher I, II, and III plus the DLCs were all flukes.

There's NEVER enough time for QA, I don't care how big or how skilled you are, there's always something you miss or could improve on. The thing is how far do you go with it? If you want perfection then add about 25% to your development time and costs just for QA. While some companies *cough* Bethesda *cough* obviously don't do much QA at all, most want their game at least functional on release. But 9 times out of 10 their publisher is demanding last minute changes to the game without giving an extension on some semi-arbitrary deadline decided on months ago. I don't blame a game developer for things they have no control over. And CDPR has never released a barely to non-functional product.

Last edited:
Garrison72 u are massively exaggerating fan feedback. Ofc some things they improved from fan/press feedback, like Novigrad size, bugs fixing, improving horse or some other minor things but most of the game design vision is established in pre-production, ofc later in game production some things are cut, some changes are being made because this or this doesnt work like on paper but still. Cyberpunk is already established in most cases imo. Right now they are probably focusing on making code for all the things they designed and prototyped in pre production.

Only kickstarter games working well with fan feedback, because the game is being made from the start with community.

Just saw this -prolly ancient- pic; pretty standard - what we'd expect - stuff but assuming the main gameplay will be action-shooter, I wonder what would the tactical mod be like? Like vats or something resemble RTwP or TB gameplay?

KEY POINTS

RPG, NON-LINEAR GAMEPLAY
TACTICAL MODE
TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS
STREETS OF NIGHT CITY
INTERACTIVE NON-LINEAR SCENES
LOW-LEVEL, QUEST BASED STORY
HI-TECH AND CYBERWEAR
BRAINDANCE

No clue, but the inclusion of "Tactical Mode" as a keypoint fills me with joy. It's pretty much a given there will be an action-shooter mode but my fear was it would be the only mode.

frivolousam;n7398700 said:
prolly ancient
yeah, there are two tells for this:
the old witcher 3 logo
and that someone at cdpr was seen in the same room as a picture of cyberpunk...

It is ancient. At least 3 years ago i think. (probably around 2013 if i remember correctly.). Loads of things could have changed since then. The game went through revision . Its Michał Płatow-Gilewski in picture. (marketing head in cdpr)

Suhiira;n7399580 said:
the inclusion of "Tactical Mode" as a keypoint fills me with joy. It's pretty much a given there will be an action-shooter mode but my fear was it would be the only mode.

I'm a bit wary of what might become of it. I've been hoping for boat loads of different things of it, but I'm really not sure...

And somehow I have this itch at the back of my head that the "tactical" mode is some sort of awful slow-mo bullet time gimmick or (and in this case "tactical" would be a misnomer to begin with) some kind of optional light-weight resource management element where you allocate gang members and funds - or what ever - to different tasks in different parts of NC like you would in a Tycoon game, "Go kill that gang and bring loot for me", "Invest in that XXX shop and get a weekly +150 eurobucks". Well, probably not the latter, but the former is something I consider (fear) a high possibility.

kofeiiniturpa;n7403700 said:
I'm a bit wary of what might become of it. I've been hoping for boat loads of different things of it, but I'm really not sure...

And somehow I have this itch at the back of my head that the "tactical" mode is some sort of awful slow-mo bullet time gimmick or (and in this case "tactical" would be a misnomer to begin with) some kind of optional light-weight resource management element where you allocate gang members and funds - or what ever - to different tasks in different parts of NC like you would in a Tycoon game, "Go kill that gang and bring loot for me", "Invest in that XXX shop and get a weekly +150 eurobucks". Well, probably not the latter, but the former is something I consider (fear) a high possibility.
Yeah, I'm also concerned that "Tactical Mode" may be a Polish term for FPS ... but all we can do is have faith CDPR realizes many folks want CP2077 to be an RPG not a shooter.

Suhiira;n7405410 said:
Yeah, I'm also concerned that "Tactical Mode" may be a Polish term for FPS ...

Lol, what? Its not.

Also, Cyberpunk from the start is Action RPG potentially with First Person and Third Person view like they announced few years ago, so dont expect turn based, isometric or other stuff but action shooting and melee combat with active skills. Maybe they will design on top of that some tactical mode with pause but hard to say. They had for Witcher 3 designed VATS but they cut it from the game.

Sneky;n7408780 said:
Also, Cyberpunk from the start is Action RPG potentially with First Person and Third Person view like they announced few years ago, so dont expect turn based, isometric or other stuff but action shooting and melee combat with active skills. Maybe they will design on top of that some tactical mode with pause but hard to say. They had for Witcher 3 designed VATS but they cut it from the game.
Wasn't aware W3 almost had a potential VATS type system. That bodes well for a non FPS non turn based system as an option in CP2077.

Suhiira;n7410700 said:
Wasn't aware W3 almost had a potential VATS type system. That bodes well for a non FPS non turn based system as an option in CP2077.
yeah, originally you were gonna be able to target specific body parts to exploit the weaknesses of different monsters, but it didn't work as well as they wanted it to. it got axed fairly late in development, they were still talking about it when they were showing trailers.
which is why I was gonna bring it up (before @Sneky mentioned it) and say that them talking about a "tactical mode" years ago doesn't mean much. but I guess your conclusion works too :D

lord_blex;n7414350 said:
yeah, originally you were gonna be able to target specific body parts to exploit the weaknesses of different monsters, but it didn't work as well as they wanted it to. it got axed fairly late in development, they were still talking about it when they were showing trailers.
which is why I was gonna bring it up (before @Sneky mentioned it) and say that them talking about a "tactical mode" years ago doesn't mean much. but I guess your conclusion works too :D

Sadly, nothing they talked about years ago means much, other than a declaration of intent. Oh, well.

lord_blex;n7414350 said:
Man... depending on how they where implimenting it in the game... that could have been something which would have actually keeped me playing Witcher 1 until the end, and not have been pulled away after only a handfull or so of hours by some other game I felt I just had to try as soon as it came out, which ment I sort of forgot about the Witcher... and suddently it's 9, almost 10, years later and I have still not played through the series, even though I have always intended to.

I still like the idea of the Witcher, and I do still intend to one day play them... but currently there are just way to many games that I want to play befor the Witcher... not to mention that there keeps coming out new games which I feel like playing more then the Witcher... the next big one being Mass Effect: Andromeda. XD

Hmm... now that I think about it... I actually think it was Mass Effect 1 which was the game which put The Witcher 1 on the back burner for me... because I remember that I did not find The Witcher untill maybe 6-6,5 months after it was released, which puts it around roughtly late april to early/mid may 2008 when I found it... and Mass Effect 1 came out on PC in late may 2008. At the time Mass Effect had been litterally the only Xbox exlusive game that I had any interest what so ever in playing (I have never liked Xbox, been a Playstation guy since the moment it came out... also, most of the games on the xbox which I was actually interested in where all multiplatform anyway)... I was actually so interested in playing ME1 that I actually contemplated buying an Xbox, but I decided not to. So as soon as I suddenly happend to encounter information that it had come out on PC only a few days earlier, I instantly jumped on it.

So due to that... I am pretty certain ME1 was the game which put The Witchet on the sidelines for me, ad then I spend the next several weeks in playing ME1, and once I was done with ME1 I had forgoten about Witcher and some other new game had come out which I just had to try... and then another, and another, and another... and soon yet another ME game will come out and push Witcher even further forward. XD

So yeah... if the Withcer games would have had some kind of VATS type of system, with aiming at body parts and what not... then the games might actually have had high enough priority for me to squeeze it's self in between other games. It would still have been surplanted by ME1, but I might have actually remembered and come back to the Witcher once I was done with ME1... XD

I need to say somethings...

Hi how are you doing guys i hope you're doing very well, this is a message from someone that played witcher 3 and loved it and exited about cyberpunk 2077 , i just know about it after witcher 3.
Ok , so where is the problem ? the problem is that we know nothing about the game and it's been announced in 2012! so 4 years of no information now , and i think we will hear about it or even see it in the next E3 . but i'm worried about the hype that it's getting .
first of all the trailer that people love so much is CG so everything in that trailer may not even exist in the game , the second thing is that everything they said is that it's going to be big or badass or ambitious so ... we know nothing about the game . and i know why , it's because there's nothing to talk about yet , they're still hiring and doing some early stuff .
so what's the point of all what i said ?
cd projekt red i know you're reading this , i trust you i love you guys and i'm sure you mean everything you said about the game but the problem is that people have been waiting too long and it's really not fear , and too much hype is never a good thing look at fallout 4 and no man's sky .
-- i may sound negative but i'm not i'm just saying what i feel -- much love <3

CyberPanda_;n7446780 said:
Those games weren't bad because of the hype surrounding them, they were just bad games.

i didn't say the hype make the games bad , you said that . i meant that too much hype is not good for the game because it may set unrealistic expectations . look cyberpunk will be better than witcher 3 and the best rpg ever that's 100% . but 4 years now and more of them saying it's going to be this and this and people dream is not good , because when they show it , it way not be what people imagined it. but that's my opinion you don't have to agree with me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom