Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meccanical;n8269610 said:
Someday there will be a time where it will be the year of Cyberpunk.

Someday...

*Years. CDPR is heavily invested. Once CPunk starts rolling, it's going to keep on for quite some time.

well . that is adter all a good thing. i mean look at a dance with dragons, it took forever to get out but it on the same quality as other books in the series. the longer they have to work and expiriment with the game, the more quality it should have,no?

reidyboy102998;n8273030 said:
That's great news so far. We still have to play the waiting game it seems. CDPR has all the time in the world to make this game awesome.

No, they do NOT have all the time in the world. What, you think they could take another 20 years to make it? Where would their revenue come from in the meantime?

WalteriusMaximus;n8340370 said:
No, they do NOT have all the time in the world. What, you think they could take another 20 years to make it? Where would their revenue come from in the meantime?

I don't want it to become another Duke Nukem Forever, don't get my wrong. I just hope that it comes late 2018 or 2019, that's what I meant. Sorry about that statement. Oh, and I just realized about the revenue. Doesn't CDPR have a certain deadline to meet for the government grant for CP 2077 (in 2019 I think, so it'll probably be done by then)

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n8340370 said:

GWENT. Other RPG. Selling pics of NudeRowley on the Internet. (Subclause 23a, paragraph 7. You signed, Rowley!)

reidyboy102998;n8340890 said:
Doesn't CDPR have a certain deadline to meet for the government grant for CP 2077 (in 2019 I think, so it'll probably be done by then)
The article I read about it just said that the grant expires June of 2019 unless it is extended. http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1390

However, keep in mind that these grants have never specifically said they are Cyberpunk 2077 specific, and that there is another unnamed IP out there somewhere.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n8341220 said:
GWENT. Other RPG. Selling pics of NudeRowley on the Internet. (Subclause 23a, paragraph 7. You signed, Rowley!)

and gog, don't forget gog,

that poor rowley though. another victim of subclauses.

BadWolf3;n8337550 said:
Where did you hear/read that?

I didn't really hear it, just assumed they would give us something.

But it seems this years a GWENT year so 2018 will probably be the year they'll give us some cyberpunk.

Claylex;n8342190 said:
I didn't really hear it, just assumed they would give us something.

But it seems this years a GWENT year so 2018 will probably be the year they'll give us some cyberpunk.
A new Bethesda Game Studios RPG with mod support would make the wait for Cyberpunk 2077 easier... I hope Destiny 2 will be good.

BadWolf3;n8342350 said:
A new Bethesda Game Studios RPG with mod support would make the wait for Cyberpunk 2077 easier... I hope Destiny 2 will be good.

I'm not falling into the hype train for Destiny 2. IO got burned last time on it. :(

reidyboy102998;n8342490 said:
I'm not falling into the hype train for Destiny 2. IO got burned last time on it. :(
I'd be fun if it was just Destiny 1, because I've been waiting for a PC version of Destiny for a long time. I hope the sequel is better than the first game, tho, but I'm totally fine with it being the same. Halo 1 is one of my favorite games, I can't wait to play a bungie FPS again.

BadWolf3;n8342570 said:
I'd be fun if it was just Destiny 1, because I've been waiting for a PC version of Destiny for a long time. I hope the sequel is better than the first game, tho, but I'm totally fine with it being the same. Halo 1 is one of my favorite games, I can't wait to play a bungie FPS again.

Have fun with the game then. :)

Edo34;n8340310 said:
If what I read today is true then 2020 seems about right.
what about the "other RPG" by 2021? that info is from a while ago, so it may not be accurate anymore, but would they miss their deadline by that much?

Well that quote about that other RPG was from a five year plan side they showed at a financial conference, it is also still available for viewing on their business website, so I doubt it has changed.

I sincerely don't think they will miss the 2019 deadline.

2019 would also be in line with their previous major release tempo:

The Witcher 1-2007
The Witcher 2-2011
The Witcher 3-2015
Cyberpunk 2077-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom