Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Riven-Twain;n8480850 said:
Very well. I'm off to devise more cruel cyberpuns to torment Sard.
Just a naturally punny guy eh?

That was fun, spun Riven son of Twain, while sitting in the sun eating a bun and cleaning his gun after shooting a nun.
I'm done here now and have to run, as I have a ton of moderating to do, there's none better, I've won every heart on the board, I'm the ONE !

Lisbeth_Salander;n8467560 said:

You're famous now. Why did you think the trailer sucks?

the music was awful. the character looked liked commander shephard wearing a janitors outfit. it looked too clean and not dirty. there are 2 futures one is clean mass effect where nobody swears and the other is dirty and foul and rotten. it looked more like the former. did not like it. i actually made a thread about this but it was transformed into the speculation thread.

Janitor's outfit, too clean... I'm sensing a pattern here. Animalfather, do you have something against basic hygiene? :p

Gwydden;n8489040 said:
Janitor's outfit, too clean... I'm sensing a pattern here. Animalfather, do you have something against basic hygiene? :p

i remember the tone was more iffy back then about the trailer.

animalfather;n8489120 said:
i remember the tone was more iffy back then about the trailer.

I thought the trailer was fine, but either way it's not an informative one. I doubt the game will end up having much relation to it, especially since it's being released six years later or so. Even trailers released a year or less before their respective games, using in-game assets, tend to be wildly inaccurate in describing the final product. This one served little purpose beyond creating hype and saying "yeah, we're working on this," which I'm guessing was the idea.

im realy worried about the game now that i heard about the starting from scratch thing
i hope that it will turn out more than fine

samoilaaa;n8489990 said:
im realy worried about the game now that i heard about the starting from scratch thing

I've been worried about a variety of things since day one. No biggie.

More seriously though. I don't fully believe there was a full revision all of a sudden. There might have, though, and there are things that speak for it - like the influx of job openings for pretty central positions; what was there... lead animators, lead artists, lead gameplay designesr and so on - but that doesn't really mean much beyond wild guessing if we don't know what was lost, if something was indeed lost.

If there was a revision. It means they had a game planned before Witcher 3, and what was done with it was conveniently scrapped after W3 success. In that case my only worry would be that it suggests a game that tries to punch the same vein as W3 did, which then wasn't the case pre 2016; and that I wouldn't want. I wouldn't want CDPR to turn into Bethesda where all their games are gentle iterations of the one single "golden concept" of mainstream-moneymaking+1.

Buuut, as said, I'm not sure this is really a thing in the first place. And even if it was... I have no point of reference to compare with whether it was a good or a bad thing anyway. (Usually, though, if you throw 4 years of work away, it's not a very positive sign as you can imagine.)

samoilaaa;n8489990 said:

i think they went bigger with the scope which is only positive i think. they had a skeleton crew of about 15-20ppl (CDPR Black) working on it. now they got about 500 people.

kofeiiniturpa;n8490370 said:
If there was a revision. It means they had a game planned before Witcher 3, and what was done with it was conveniently scrapped after W3 success. In that case my only worry would be that it suggests a game that tries to punch the same vein as W3 did, which then wasn't the case pre 2016; and that I wouldn't want. I wouldn't want CDPR to turn into Bethesda where all their games are gentle iterations of the one single "golden concept" of mainstream-moneymaking+1.

Buuut, as said, I'm not sure this is really a thing in the first place. And even if it was... I have no point of reference to compare with whether it was a good or a bad thing anyway. (Usually, though, if you throw 4 years of work away, it's not a very positive sign as you can imagine.)

Didn't the same thing happened during the development of The Witcher 3? They changed a director or something. Hey if it worked pretty well with Wild Hunt, it may not be such a big problem.

Woah, It may not be the best option for us to follow Bethesda's footsteps. Although it may attract a lot of casual players, we have to consider the fact that Fallout 4 is dumbed down to the extreme, here are a few examples: there is almost no options in dialogue (you only have to agree with every npc and you can't be evil btw), skills and special points are almost irrelevant, the few choices that exist have zero to little impact on story or in the world, the main character is forced to make some questionable things, etc. The same can be said about Skyrim.

Bethesda games have no unique characteristics in them. B-but fallout is a complete different universe compared to elders scrolls! Oh yeah it is until you spend more than 10 minutes in each game and realise they have the same "golden concept" as you said, which is basically: go to X, kill X, repeat- or - go to X, retrieve X, repeat. Jesus Christ the characters movements in Fallout 4 are almost the exact same as Skyrim, gee I wonder WHY RIGHT? SINCE BETHESDA IS USING THE SAME ENGINE SINCE 1998?? HAHA CRAZY RIGHT? . Maybe that's why casuals love them so much, It's easy for the Elders Scrolls fans to play the Fallout games and vice versa due to them being dumbed down and so similar to one another.

Todd Howard said in an interview: "most people doens't realise that we're only a group of 100 people". Todd Howard should really look at CDPR and notice what a real "small" team was capable of doing during all these years. Now CD Projekt is not so small since the whole team has about 500 people, but here we can come across another right thing these polish guys and girls are doing: unlike Bethesda they hired more people and they're expanding.

The only Bethesda game I liked was Fallout: New Vegas until I realised that it was Obsidian who actually developed the game.

I hope the success of the Witcher 3 doesn't change the way CDPR makes their games. After such a big economical growth, it would be reasonable for them to approach a wider audience. A great way to still keep in touch with the hardcore gamers is probably not to make a dumbed down game, but to make it more acessible to the new players at least in a superficial way, so as the players spend more time in the game they can realise that it has actual depth. I bet 100 coins that this is exactly what will happen, you know why I'm so sure? Because CD Project has two audiences right now: casuals (who are new to CDPR games or the ones that already played Witcher 3) and hardcores like the ones that are already familiar with 2020 and uncontentional rpgs.

I still have to find the interview were Iwinski said something like this...Maybe I'm imagining things, or it may have been a dream. DUDE I'M A REPLICANT IN BLADE RUNNER LMAO XDDDDDDDD

EDIT: I understand, Sardukhar. I toned down a little bit just like Bethesda toned down the quality of their...ops, sorry.

Last edited:
Let's avoid the anti-Bethesda/Bioware/EA/Whoever rants in this thread, thanks. Other than as a brief example of what not to do.

Otherwise we could all go on a multi-page rant. Me included.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8491370 said:
Didn't the same thing happened during the development of The Witcher 3? They changed a director or something. Hey if it worked pretty well with Wild Hunt, it may not be such a big problem.

The director for The Witcher 3 didn't change, however The Witcher 1 is much better example of complete project revision. They started working on it in 2002 (if I remember correctly) planning on making an hack'n'slash, later they scrapped the project and turn it into a more classic RPG with turn based combat and player created witcher as a protagonist. After they were not happy with that, they threw away most of what they made in 2005, decided to heavily update Aurora Engine, use Geralt as protagonist, change most of the story and gameplay mechanics, thus making first The Witcher we all know and love.

Games change during the development cycle, that's normal. You start out with a concept, some just plain don't work, others turn out to be functional but not "fun" or "interesting", yet others have to change because some other design decision makes it no longer in keeping with the game/character/combat/whatever system. Sometimes the whole story-line gets tossed out, but most of the engine upgrades, art, and game systems you can still keep and use.

No game is DONE till the boss puts their foot down on new content and systems ... you use the last few weeks/months refining and polishing.
Well ... that's the way it's suppose to work, semi-skilled game designers often try to incorporate new features right up until the day a game is released. And most of us have seen, and tried to play, games like this.

WalteriusMaximus;n8492750 said:
Oh? And what news have you heard exactly?

I think he was talking about that baseless speculation regarding Cyberpunk 2077' Pre production being scrapped.

Or maybe, he was talking about Cyberpunk 2077 being a Nintendo Switch exclusive. I don't know.

WalteriusMaximus;n8502900 said:
cdprojektreds could someone please remove this Marcin Iwinski impostor!

What imposter? I see no imposter?!

(Watch this. By the time I get up, he'll have posted again. It's a poster from around here, being "funny". Ha ha. It's being fixed. Voluntarily hopefully, otherwise ZE WHIP.)

Sardukhar;n8503190 said:
What imposter? I see no imposter?!

(Watch this. By the time I get up, he'll have posted again. It's a poster from around here, being "funny". Ha ha. It's being fixed. Voluntarily hopefully, otherwise ZE WHIP.)

And Poof! he's gone! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom