Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisStayler;n9513361 said:
I don't know what system you are playing on but TW3 runs at constant 60fps wth me. I agree that in the major city of Fallout 4 it falls in fps. But TW3 is known for being well optimized.

TW3 run better for me than either TW1 or TW2, although I have a ton of anti-aliasing with TW1. TW2 was sort of a pain in the ass.
Actually compared to all my other titles, TW3 runs amazingly well, even in SLI.

I play pretty much above 120 most of the time in TW3, occasionally something has to load or something like that it dips all the way down to the 80s, but I'm pretty sure I remember TW2 running around 80 most of the time.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9515761 said:
>CDPR
>GAMEPLAY

NukeTheMoon;n9517571 said:
TW3 run better for me than either TW1 or TW2, although I have a ton of anti-aliasing with TW1. TW2 was sort of a pain in the ass.
Actually compared to all my other titles, TW3 runs amazingly well, even in SLI.

I play pretty much above 120 most of the time in TW3, occasionally something has to load or something like that it dips all the way down to the 80s, but I'm pretty sure I remember TW2 running around 80 most of the time.

Hardly impressive since you are most likely running the game at 1080p resolution, which, let's be honest, looks pretty horrible.

I hope CDPR's excellent financial state and desire to cover more of demographics (more than 25 millions with TW3, seriously?) won't affect the game in negative way and the saying "artist must always be hungry" will remain just a saying. Bethesda theoretically also can do everything but in the end did nothing while trying doing everything. After all, really, who'd win?

Cyberpunk 2077 was the greatest game I have ever played in my life. The coolest part for me was customizing your own appearence...I thought that whole magic would be only focused on the character creation, but oh boy how wrong I was...

I was able to customize the way my character dressed, my cars, my personal squad, my companions and even my own building! Another thing that I really liked was the focus CDPR gave to character development, they weren't kidding when they said "Cyberpunk is not about saving the world, its about saving yourself...everything is personal". CP2077 was the only game I've played that gives importance to friendship between characters. Most games these days regards character likeness as simply "sex scenes", CP2077 was different, as I played the game I cared for a lot of characters, hell I did some things during the story only to save some friends ass ...

I'm really happy CP2077 won game of the year award 2020,
The expectations were high, but CDPR surprised us again with a game that will certainly be remembered as one of the greatest, if not the greatest RPG of all time.

Cyberpunk 2077 is trully a masterpiece. I give it a 10/10.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9520371 said:
I hope CDPR's excellent financial state and desire to cover more of demographics (more than 25 millions with TW3, seriously?) won't affect the game in negative way and the saying "artist must always be hungry" will remain just a saying. Bethesda theoretically also can do everything but in the end did nothing while trying doing everything. After all, really, who'd win?

When almost every developer in the gaming industry doesn't put quality in their games, then nobody needs to do it. "Why spend a lot of money or time making our games better if gamers are still buying them?"

That's what gives me hope about CDPR. They sold 25 million, but with the whole franchise, Witcher 3 didn't sell that much when compared to other blockbuster games. Therefore, CDPR still NEEDS to conquer entire new demographics, and guess how they're gonna get attention of gamers?

By going against that tide and by making things different; when putting quality in their games, CDPR will change the industry's quality standard for games.

Everyone shits on Assassins Creed, but most people still buy it, do you know why? Because they have no other choice and most games are quite similar in their quality, but here comes CDPR with the strategy to give those players the option to chose something better, something like Witcher and Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming...
If I was Rockstar I would be scared.
If I was Bioware I would be really scared.
If I was Bethesda I would stop making video games and start focusing on something else.

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n9519231 said:
Hardly impressive since you are most likely running the game at 1080p resolution, which, let's be honest, looks pretty horrible.

Not sure why'd you assume that. Acer Predator 27" runs at 1440p natively, which is what I run games at. It doesn't really make sense to spec an SLI 980Ti rig with a 1080P monitor.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9520501 said:
When almost every developer in the gaming industry doesn't put quality in their games, then nobody needs to do it. "Why spend a lot of money or time making our games better if gamers are still buying them?"
Unfortunately all to true it seems.

Decent graphics, flashy particle effects, FPS, and PvP seems to be all you need.

Wholeheartedly agreed.

[

25 millions is a number for all Witcher games combined, not just W3

Oh boy, I'm gonna meme /r/cyberpunkgame so freakin hard.

"Sard merged the new "leaks" to the speculation thread"

Leaks confirmed for fake then.

Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will be an economic success?

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9527071 said:
"Sard merged the new "leaks" to the speculation thread"

Leaks confirmed for fake then.

Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will be an economic success?

Eventually I merge most (all?) leaks and E3 and Update News! threads to this one. Makes it easier to PROVE EVERYONE WRONG.

CDPR isn't saying what is or isn't accurate about the leaks. Standard policy. Maybe it's all true! Maybe none of it's true! Certainly the game isn't out yet so it's like Schrodinger's Game!

Also, [h=1]CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million[/h]
Did not know they grossed a quarter billion US ( 1 billion polish) on that. Or, if I did, I didn't really clue in. Because AWESOME.

Sardukhar;n9527251 said:
Eventually I merge most (all?) leaks and E3 and Update News! threads to this one. Makes it easier to PROVE EVERYONE WRONG.

CDPR isn't saying what is or isn't accurate about the leaks. Standard policy. Maybe it's all true! Maybe none of it's true! Certainly the game isn't out yet so it's like Schrodinger's Game!

Also, [h=1]CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million[/h]
Did not know they grossed a quarter billion US ( 1 billion polish) on that. Or, if I did, I didn't really clue in. Because AWESOME.

Speaking of Witcher 3 GOTY Edition, I'm going to wait until it drops back to $30. As for Cyberpunk 2077, I'll keep waiting.

Sardukhar;n9527251 said:

"Schrodinger's Game"

Cyberpunk 2077 will be both in 3rd and 1rst person.
Cyberpunk 2077 will have both retro and futuristic elements.

Sardukhar;n9527251 said:
Also, CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million

According to Forbes' 2013 Global 2000, these are the only Polish companies that appear in the world's 2000 richest companies in the world.

Global RankCompanySales
($billion)
Profits
($billion)
Assets
($billion)
Market Value
($billion)
580PKO Bank Polski5.71.262.313.8
651PKN Orlen (oil)38.80.816.97.4
681PGE (energy)9.4118.810.5
766Grupa PZU (insurance)6.3118.111.3
785KGHM Polska Miedz (coper and silver production)8.71.610.710.7
786Pgnig Group (gas company)8.80.715.511
1480Tauron Group (energy company)7.60.510.12.5
1826Grupa Lotos (oil company)10.20.36.51.8

The polish government gave 7 million to CDPR because they're valuable to the country, probably because they acchieved economic potential due to their big growth in a short period of time. But that success (Witcher 3) is only really confirmed if they're able to do it again, which they probably will.

But that's not he only reason related to the whole "7 million" thing, Cultural impact is another important factor, specially when you realise that none of those companies above are related to entertainment.

Even after all this time Witcher 3 is still making money. Games with general quality that create an emotional bond with players are also the games that withstand the test of time. Did you realise that it is mentioned in CDPR's mission/objectives and strategies their focus on their "franchises" , and also the fact that in most news regarding Witcher games CDPR refuses to talk about the witcher games individually and rather talk about them as a whole franchise? That's an economic stable strategy for long periods of time, in other words: CDPR values franchises more than individual games, but why? Because it is an unused strategy in the gaming industry, and innovation is just about doing something nobody does.

If nobody can create what you sell, then how are they going to compete with you?", almost no developer in the industry puts quality in their games, and if CDPR makes games with quality, then CDPR's games will get attention from players all around the world.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9527461 said:
If nobody can create what you sell, then how are they going to compete with you?", almost no developer in the industry puts quality in their games, and if CDPR makes games with quality, then CDPR's games will get attention from players all around the world.

Well, CDPR has a market cap/value of 1.6 billion USD. Just under the one with 1.8 billion. About the same as the Thomas Cook Group of companies.

https://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/#header:marketValue

If you set market value to smallest to largest, you'll see CDPR is actually in the same neighbourhood as the top 1500 companies or so. They aren't listed probably because Forbes values more than market cap - actual assets count and IP is a tough one to value.

Either way, they are doing splendidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom