Oldest Question of them all, ANSWERED!!!

+
Oldest Question of them all, ANSWERED!!!

I have the answer to the oldest question of all time...

It's quite simple, it was:

I seem to have recreated the Chicken-Egg.

When I was a kid my grandfather kept free-range hens, and I would be totally freaked out if there was so much as a speck of blood in an egg. It turned my stomach just to post this.

But I thought you deserved to see it though. Because I care about you all so much. And Easter is coming, and everyone needs new ideas for those little gifts to leave in the garden for neighbours' kids.

In Canuckistan, we have both chocolate and real eggs. You boil the real eggs and paint them, then the kids come over and everyone hunts for them. Pretty fun.

You hide the chocolate ones around the house and the kids spend days making sure they got every last one. They never do.

..................time to live vegan....
I would rather eat that thing than go Vegan.
I mean it.

Yup. We don't have Cadbury Creme Eggs. That makes me grouchy. Easter, bah.
Right, I am willing to setup an Easter Care Package for Dragonbird. I know someone that works for Cadburys so I can probably get a dozen or so cream eggs dirt cheap, but I imagine posting them all that way wont be cheap. Who is willing to chip in?

HEY!

GUYS!!!

I said:
Right, I am willing to setup an Easter Care Package for Dragonbird. I know someone that works for Cadburys so I can probably get a dozen or so cream eggs dirt cheap, but I imagine posting them all that way wont be cheap.

Who is willing to chip in?

I would rather eat that thing than go Vegan.
I mean it.

Bah. I was a vegetarian for years. A vegetarian who could deadlift 350+.

Chocolate is part of a vegan diet. I could go vegan.

Right, I am willing to setup an Easter Care Package for Dragonbird. I know someone that works for Cadburys so I can probably get a dozen or so cream eggs dirt cheap, but I imagine posting them all that way wont be cheap. Who is willing to chip in?

How sweet. I'm in. Consider they will have to be either chilled for shipment or shipped express.

Edit:Yes, yes it was a cyberpunk pun. Very clever. I get it.

Bah. I was a vegetarian for years. A vegetarian who could deadlift 350+.

Chocolate is part of a vegan diet. I could go vegan.

Vegan Chocolate is ok, because normal chocolate contains Milk, so nope. And these bars work out at about £3/44g (About $5 US per 44g) No idea in Canadikistanian moneys.

How sweet. I'm in. Consider they will have to be either chilled for shipment or shipped express.
Awesome.

Now I just need to rememebr what country its being sent to to calculate costs...

Edit:Yes, yes it was a cyberpunk pun. Very clever. I get it.

I genuinely didn't intend any puns, but glad I R SMARTZ.

Awwww, you guys are so sweet. :)

And, alas, totally impossible. Because ants. And tropical sun during the three weeks that the care package would sit languishing on a dock somewhere waiting for someone to get off his ass and clear customs. And could you make half of them Border Creme please? Do they still make those?

Actually, if I do get that desperate, I have friends in Singapore who I could ask to ship them. Yes, I do have friends. Really.

On a positive note, I did discover Reese Cups as a result of someone mentioning them in these forums. And Chris, you're safe. I can't find a balut egg supplier in the UK. There are some in the US though...

(And I need to be careful about mentioning these cravings. My sister once responded to me mentioning a desire for Golden Wonder crisps by sending me a packet. In a padded envelope. 25gms of cheese and onion flavoured powder that cost her something like 10 pounds to ship)

Last edited:
Vegan Chocolate is ok, because normal chocolate contains Milk, so nope. And these bars work out at about £3/44g (About $5 US per 44g) No idea in Canadikistanian moneys.

I don't even...I can't..this is almost as bad as Dragon's horrible pet names.

NORMAL CHOCOLATE DOES NOT CONTAIN MILK YOU BLASPHEMING ENGLISHMAN. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate

That is milk chocolate! Which although delicious, is hardly "normal chocolate"!

There are many, many kinds and flavours and varieties of chocolate, but in it's base, "normal" form, it is cocoa mass. Then chocolate liquor and then cocoa solids and cocoa butter. This is before sweetening or flavouring.

Now, there are many kinds of what you think of as "chocolate", but the most important part, in terms of quality, is percentage of chocolate liquor and/or cocoa butter/solids in the mix. This gives you an idea of the "chocolateyness" of the product. Too much can be less preferred, since it can also be quite harsh.

The sweetness and flavour of chocolate will depend on quality and quantity of fats and sugars added after this stage, and this is what most people recognize as sweet chocolate. Milk may also be added for milk chocolate. "White chocolate" is candy and uses no cocoa butter or solids, typically.

There are ways to ship chocolate even to Singapore. a lot depends on season.

As you can probably tell, chocolate is near and dear to my heart. Kelly and I used to make and sell truffles. We used Callebaut chocolate, one of the better kinds on the market. Did you know Callebaut has more than 300 levels of chocolate that they make?

Lindt is also good, for retail purchase.

There are ways to ship chocolate even to Singapore. a lot depends on season.

Singapore doesn't have seasons. It does have Cadbury Eggs though. I think I may need to arrange a short visit. Do some shopping, get some decent food...

We grow our own chocolate here. Not personally, but a generic "we".

Singapore doesn't have seasons. It does have Cadbury Eggs though. I think I may need to arrange a short visit. Do some shopping, get some decent food...

We grow our own chocolate here. Not personally, but a generic "we".

OHMIGOD. Fine. Fine. We'll stop trying to do something sweet for you in your pleasant, beautiful tropical hell hole. With it;s home-grown chocolate.

CHRIS! SUMMON THE DIREWOLVES! WE MUST MAKE SOMETHING SUFFER FOR THIS REJECTION!

Top Bottom