on average -5 FPS due to patches

+
on average -5 FPS due to patches

Hey everybody. The 1.05 patch might have fixed some notorious issues in the gameplay. However am I the only one noticing considerable performance reduction FPS wise by every patch?

I won't post this in the tech support section yet. Because I haven't conducted any thorough testing yet. But I do remember having everything turned to the same setting since the day the game was released. I could run it comfortably in the 50-55 region, while having different settings at high/ultra depending on my preference. The game dipped to it's 40's but this was EXCLUSIVELY in the swamps and in Novigrad.

However now I get dips into the 30 region walking in the woods in white orchard. and the game feels much more sluggish than what I remember on launch day. I I always play with fraps, and this FPS decline occured with the 1.04 patch for me as well.

SPECS:

AMD FX 8120 OC @ 4GHZ
MSI Geforce 960 2GB
8 GB RAM
installed on a Corsair SSD

However now I get dips into the 30 region walking in the woods in white orchard. and the game feels much more sluggish than what I remember on launch day. I I always play with fraps, and this FPS decline occured with the 1.04 patch for me as well.

SPECS:

AMD FX 8120 OC @ 4GHZ
MSI Geforce 960 2GB
8 GB RAM
installed on a Corsair SSD

how many time are you going to cry about your fps when if you look your PC is weak. Also everyone knows that fraps kill FPS. So turn off FRAP, turn down game settings. Did you think some miracle your weak PC will run everything on max? People like you make companies doesnt want make PC games anymore.

8gb of RAM ? you might want to monitor that lmao.

It's not the problem there, fps decrease at each patch with the same rig and I can confirm this.

Patch 1.03 -> 1.04 : 10 - 15 % fps less
Patch 1.04 -> 1.05 : 5 % fps less

And I don't play my games with fraps or afterburner, I use these tools just to set up the game before.

Edit ; the game have its issues on consoles too.

Last edited:
how many time are you going to cry about your fps when if you look your PC is weak. Also everyone knows that fraps kill FPS. So turn off FRAP, turn down game settings. Did you think some miracle your weak PC will run everything on max? People like you make companies doesnt want make PC games anymore.

8gb of RAM ? you might want to monitor that lmao.

People who give this kind of nonsensical advice on the tech support portion of the forum should be banned. Too much misinformation is being spread in so many of these threads, which is the exact opposite of the intention of this forum.

To help you with your question, OP, I didn't notice a performance decrease with 1.05, though I also haven't played much since this morning when the patch came out. The change log states there should be general performance improvements with this patch.

As for 1.04, the devs added the variable TextureMipBias to the User.Settings file that you can find in the Witcher 3 save directory. It's been tested and it does reduce performance by a couple frames because it makes some positive level of detail adjustments to the game. You can change this value back to it's old default value to avoid the performance impact (TextureMipBias=0 is the old value) by editing the User.Settings file with a text editor and locating that value. The Geforce tweak guide has details on the setting below,

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-tweaking-guide#mipmap-bias-config-file-tweak

I noticed a pretty big performance drop with the new patch as well. I used to maintain 40 - 50 fps. I drop to mid 30 a lot now which never happened before. At least i get xp now though. Another weird thing is that it now seems like i always have motion blur on even though its disabled.

People who give this kind of nonsensical advice on the tech support portion of the forum should be banned. Too much misinformation is being spread in so many of these threads, which is the exact opposite of the intention of this forum.

To help you with your question, OP, I didn't notice a performance decrease with 1.05, though I also haven't played much since this morning when the patch came out. The change log states there should be general performance improvements with this patch.

As for 1.04, the devs added the variable TextureMipBias to the User.Settings file that you can find in the Witcher 3 save directory. It's been tested and it does reduce performance by a couple frames because it makes some positive level of detail adjustments to the game. You can change this value back to it's old default value to avoid the performance impact (TextureMipBias=0 is the old value) by editing the User.Settings file with a text editor and locating that value. The Geforce tweak guide has details on the setting below,

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-tweaking-guide#mipmap-bias-config-file-tweak

thanks for the advice, hopefully that's it!

EDIT: Performance is still worse, Gonna completely reinstall the game, and avoid any patch until they fix the mess

Last edited:
Top Bottom