On missions

+
"Missions"? Wisdom, what are you ON about? You know only mil/corp ops are "missions". "Jobs" and "work" are what freelancers do.

Missions is such a misnomer.

Well, I'm not changing the frigging title again, so you're stuck with it.
Anyway, I'm still feeling guilty for messing with Wisdom's mind with that quest example, so let him have one small victory.

Yeah, that was cruel.

I was giving serious thought to the amount of effort required to start a fake game site, ( through a suitable cutout of course. Russian proxy, probably), fake up some images from a CoD-style/Hard Reset game under the title "2077 PREVIEWED!" and then post the link here, flipping out over the linear plot and game design.

JUST to mess with Wisdom.

Then I realised that if he has the aneurysm he would be sure to have, who would go through the laborious effort of translating every piece of gear from 2077 to 2020 FNFF terms, complete with images and source references?

He's just too valuable to lose.

For now.

Yeah, that was cruel.

I was giving serious thought to the amount of effort required to start a fake game site, ( through a suitable cutout of course. Russian proxy, probably), fake up some images from a CoD-style/Hard Reset game under the title "2077 PREVIEWED!" and then post the link here, flipping out over the linear plot and game design.

Then I realised that if he has the aneurysm he would be sure to have, who would go through the laborious effort of translating every piece of gear from 2077 to 2020 FNFF terms, complete with images and source references?

For now.

I probably shouldn't do this, because it's going so far off-topic that I'm going to have to moderate myself, but I can't resist.
Will only be appreciated by Witcher 2 fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVSFAlVZhY
Just read a sample of the comments.

"Missions"? Wisdom, what are you ON about? You know only mil/corp ops are "missions". "Jobs" and "work" are what freelancers do.

Missions is such a misnomer.

Hey, I put forth Job as well....

Well, I'm not changing the frigging title again, so you're stuck with it.
Anyway, I'm still feeling guilty for messing with Wisdom's mind with that quest example, so let him have one small victory.

Picks up doll... points to doll's head.... "Here is were the bad woman touched me.... "

Yeah, that was cruel.

For now.

.................................................. ..

You...know you're not a Funky Funky Funktown Machine, right?
You live in ARKANSAS.

"Fuck I hope this is draGon age 3 da2 sucked n this looks soooo cooler like the children graphics suck but they can fix that but the storyline is like wow it reminds mi of assassins creed n wizards 101 (I just see commericals n I get wizards 101 shit from robes with hoods ) XDDDDDD im goin to luv this I feel bad for the grl thou .:0 sad terrfic face"

That..that...that was great.

"Much better homesexual romance options. Boussy is a definite first choice,"

Mission-wise, I'd really like to see a mosaic-style set of sub-plots. So if you pay careful attention - and not so careful when it's meant to be obvious - you realise that many or most of the missions have a subtle common denominator. AN NPC or three, an object or cause, maybe the reward crosses from the object of one mission to the subject of the other.

I'd also like to see an incremental Rep counter as you pass or fail these missions. When you walk into the Fixer's pad to pick up the microchip and it's been three jobs since you last talked to him, he has something to say on your new Rep and how you accomplished it.

And in the background, that same poster you saw in the lab is on his wall, and you only ever see it in those two places and in the apartment across the way from you...

"Fuck I hope this is draGon age 3 da2 sucked n this looks soooo cooler like the children graphics suck but they can fix that but the storyline is like wow it reminds mi of assassins creed n wizards 101 (I just see commericals n I get wizards 101 shit from robes with hoods ) XDDDDDD im goin to luv this I feel bad for the grl thou .:0 sad terrfic face"

*facepalm*

You...know you're not a Funky Funky Funktown Machine, right?
You live in ARKANSAS.

It's not like I was fricking born here, its just where I got stuck, I have lived all over, and visited everywhere...

And no matter where I am.... I live straight up in Funky Funky Funktown...

Hell the trumpet player for the best Funk band in 3 states sleeps on my couch several nights a week and plays a mean fixer.

It's not like I was fricking born here, its just where I got stuck, I have lived all over, and visited everywhere...

Which reminds me, I also hate ques... mi.... jobs that require me to trek across the entire map for each stage. 5 minutes of action + 30 minutes of travel time =/= being able to claim "35 minutes of gameplay" in the marketing.

I generally hate all fedEx quests because a) they are lazy writing and b)the Thing is never as cool as you hoped. Viz. Borderlands. Wottarip.

I really hope 2077 missjobworks are low on FedExing.

Hm. Has anyone played either a "fetch" or a "FedEx" mission in any game that they thought was particularly well done?

I liked the FedEx missions that you did for Jacob in GTA 4 (at least, the first play-through, since the locations and the unfolding of the missions were EXACTLY the same each time.) I liked that some of the deliveries were no problem, some, you had to run from the cops, and some were an ambush.

I want fed ex jobs that blow up into crazy oh shit missions. When you be transporting/delivering super cool dangerous unknown Mcguffins fed exing gets way more interesting.

I have no problem with them if they're grouped / paced so that I don't have to run back and forth and can perhaps do other missions in the same area.

I watched the video... several things came to mind...

1. why is that creepy guy in the hills wearing hot pants... with a long sleeve jacket no less....

2. So... witcher fetch quests involve.... getting quest.... running 20 feet... killing monsters.......... running back 20 feet.... collect money..... rinse.... repeat.....?

Forgive me, but I really hope that if there is a Cyberpunk equivalent, that there is more to it than that....

On the other hand, the graphics were pretty... Why does the dude wear 2 swords at his back, and none on his hip?

That entire quest was tongue in cheek. TW2, compared to most RPG's, has very few collect 'x' type quests and they're all optional. So they had a bit of fun with this one and asked the player to collect an absurd amount of 'x'. For a real side quest, here's Claws of Madness. Like most quests, it has several ways to conclude it.

Top Bottom