On PC GOG, how do we go back to pre next gen update?

+
Performance is really terrible. My performance was fine when I played the game with the pre next gen update....the last time I played Witcher 3 on my PC - always had 60 fps on Ultra. Think it was either 1.31 or 1.32 version of the game.

If I right click Witcher 3>Manage installation>configure, then it only shows me at most to rollback to 4.00_hotfix2. If I'm not doing something wrong and it's the case we can only rollback to that version, will I ever be able to play this game again? It's currently a mess and performance is atrocious.

Did you disable the auto-update option ?
If you let it enabled, you can't see the previous versions of the game (because indeed, GOG will always keep the game up to date).
In theory from the support:
GOG
1. Go to your “Installed” section on GOG Galaxy
2. Select The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and select Manage Installation → Configure…
3. Disable the auto-updates option, choose your preferred version, and click OK.

Did you disable the auto-update option ?
If you let it enabled, you can't see the previous versions of the game (because indeed, GOG will always keep the game up to date).
In theory from the support:

Yes I've had auto update is disabled in GOG client settings always. Still not showing the pre next gen update versions of the game.

They have changed the interface slightly. Go into Manage Installation -> Configure and in the dropdown next to Beta Channel set it to Classic and then you'll see 1.32

They have changed the interface slightly. Go into Manage Installation -> Configure and in the dropdown next to Beta Channel set it to Classic and then you'll see 1.32
Thanks I see it now.

Would be nice to be able to play the next gen version with some of the new content. Do you know if they have plans to still fix the bugs/performance? So far I've still found buildings flickering, such as in Beauclair, the castle, and some other areas. As far as I understand they're still struggling to use the CPU cores optimally which is causing poor performance? I get 92-100+ with ultra settings with the pre next gen version of the game in Novigrad but with the latest 4.0.2 version that drops to the 50's in Novigrad with everything Ultra, no RT.

I've been waiting for months now to play this game again, specifically the next gen version but if things keep up then I'll have to settle for the 1.32 version.

Other than some of the new DLC content (Witcher TV show armors and one quest) the rest of the changes can be done with mods. Here is a list of mods that were included in the Next Gen update. You should be able to download these mods and add them to 1.32 and get pretty close to Next Gen

Top Bottom