On ps4 the game is so blurry unbeareble

+
To make matters worse the game has just crashed 3 times consecutively during the same conversation. I was still enjoying the game despite the low graphics and frame rate on PS4, but now I can't even proceed with the game. This is really disappointing.
My dude I've been playing for 11 hours and the game crashed about 9 times)

I literally work with Graphics/Projections/Lighting as a job, I also have the kind of eye/brain connection that sharp that my brain spots dead pixels on LED walls from halfway across the stadium and literal single dead pixels on a 4K monitor ( and have issues using anything sub 1080P these days ) and also a literal 0.1 degree error in my glasses rX is enough to cause the vision to mess up in the axis involved.

If there were any issues ( hint : I've already logged one about UI placement clipping offscreen even with safe area dropped to minimum in the PS4 settings ) occuring for me I would be one of the last to tolerate them, trust me on this.

This is why the model/region etc that myself and also the mods keep asking for is important...

Because if it was purely engine problems **everyone** would be having issues.

Current Issues so far?

UI clipping

Not had so far?

Heist fail, any blurring, crashes, stutters beyond expected on area transit since I play off an external 4TB, audio stutter, blocking/artefacting, voice fails, or any other the other issues other folk are saying about

for reference : UK, Gen 1 1TB with original System HDD and 4TB external, 1.02 and most recent Sys version. Film Grain and Depth disabled because I never use them in any games since they are known resource hogs and also annoy me.

I'm not arguing some folk may have issues, I'm simply stating that it's not everyone like some people are trying to claim and it's also not global like the various articles seem to be claiming.

I'm also saying that if people want a quicker response then tech need more details so they can see if it's a regional or specific chipset/GPUset issue and adjust accordingly.
I really hope that what you say is true, as that gives us some hope that they can actually fix this.

UI clipping is the least of my worries (Although I do have this too).

Totally appreciate that the differences in hardware models can cause issues but I do not believe that these major issues were not known about already prior to launch.

I also have to wonder why this has never happened on any game ever in the lifetime of the PS4, with users on similar models getting very different experiences.

What did u will expect? Is a ps4 ps5 is samé Garbage anyway. Console is for playing tekken 3 nothing more

Look I understand you are probably a "PC master race" got it. I am too, console is a convenience because I moved several countries in last years and couldn't buy my new desktop pc (and I can afford it now easily) . But what you say first of all is not true, and even if it was the problem is CDPR falsely advertised the console versions. You might be CDPR fan also and try to excuse them, still there is no excuse of this shit.

Very disappointed I bought this for my bday. Unplayable on PS4. Crashes constantly and the visuals are just shady, lacking real detail and lifeless / muddy. Posters on walls are unreadable, cars spawn out of nowhere and other world objects dont even load completely (sometimes not even my gun). Considering I just finished other recent titles whatsoever without any issues I consider this game a slap on the face to all fans and utter garbage. I think it is a shame on all your efforts towards the final product and I cannot comprehend how can you release something like this in 2020 / 21

I really hope that what you say is true, as that gives us some hope that they can actually fix this.

UI clipping is the least of my worries (Although I do have this too).

Totally appreciate that the differences in hardware models can cause issues but I do not believe that these major issues were not known about already prior to launch.

I also have to wonder why this has never happened on any game ever in the lifetime of the PS4, with users on similar models getting very different experiences.

It's not true. It would be odd if all the people without bionic eyes had severely compromised gameplay, but this guy with advanced eyesight and brain processing saw everything fine. It sounds more like he has terrible eyesight, and can see all the blatant issues. Seriously, this guy says he can't tolerate resolution below 1080p,and this game peaks between 720 and 900. So, sorry, but it's lies. I have good eyesight, ps4 bought in the last 12 months and a decent TV and my gameplay for this game looks trash. No amount of tinkering is going to polish this turd. My housemate has PC version, and not a particularly good setup, and his game runs nice. I can literally see them side by side, so it's not my eyes playing tricks on me, or any of the other fanboy BS being spouted by the minority

I couldn't find this same topic for xbox one. But I got the same. It's so blurry and things are failing to load and the npcs have an odd after image. It just hurts my head to play sadly. I can't upload the video due to size but here's a part of a cutscene.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201211-124635.png
    Screenshot_20201211-124635.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Look I understand you are probably a "PC master race" got it. I am too, console is a convenience because I moved several countries in last years and couldn't buy my new desktop pc (and I can afford it now easily) . But what you say first of all is not true, and even if it was the problem is CDPR falsely advertised the console versions. You might be CDPR fan also and try to excuse them, still there is no excuse of this shit.
I have micro itx case with aio and it's smaller than ps5 your argument is invalid

It's not true. It would be odd if all the people without bionic eyes had severely compromised gameplay, but this guy with advanced eyesight and brain processing saw everything fine. It sounds more like he has terrible eyesight, and can see all the blatant issues. Seriously, this guy says he can't tolerate resolution below 1080p,and this game peaks between 720 and 900. So, sorry, but it's lies. I have good eyesight, ps4 bought in the last 12 months and a decent TV and my gameplay for this game looks trash. No amount of tinkering is going to polish this turd. My housemate has PC version, and not a particularly good setup, and his game runs nice. I can literally see them side by side, so it's not my eyes playing tricks on me, or any of the other fanboy BS being spouted by the minority

Gotta love how you don't know me or what I do for a job or even why I play on console over PC ( here's a hint... convenience and ease because I'm not worrying about systems specs or drivers and can just sit down after a day worrying about stuff like that and just play out the box ) yet feel free to call me a liar.

I work with install/live Video and Projection mapping among other things, and have since the days where 72ppi was a decent resolution for display, so actually have a clue what my PS4 should be looking like.

Here's another hint :

It looks even better in places than the trailers apart from a few missing presets etc.

Does it look like I could have it look on my playback machine never mind my edit rig?

No, but then again unlike some folk here I don't expect it to display like it's on a £1500 custom playback laptop never mind my Edit Rig.

So... let's compare.

Someone that has actual experience working with a variety of display and rendering equipment using a gen1 1TB, 4TB external to run from ( hence my occasional area load stutter that I know is coming from using the external most likely ), HDR enabled, Grain/DOF disabled, 52" HDR compliant "4K" ( I can actually push it closer to 8K when putting the playback machine through it to test playback/renders ) display running through a 2.2 compliant AVR, has yearly eyesight checks and if needed glasses upgrades for insurance and work purposes and would know what he's looking at.

Random McRandom who jumps straight in with "he's lying" that specifies as "decent TV" and can't even specify which model he's using.

Personally as an outsider?

I'd be taking the opinion of the tech who has regular eye checkups and uses a display system more than capable of high end resolutions and playback, especially when he has admitted he has submitted both a thread and ticket over there still being UI issues.
Post automatically merged:

Can you post please pics from in-game posters =, the vending machines and far away objects (not coming super closely) so as to compare?

I think this is what you're asking for?

As stated before Gen 1 1TB so older GPU, and not a Pro. Feeding out with HDR enabled at 1080p/60, Grain/DOF disabled, throughput via a 2.2HCDP AVR to a 4K ( can actually run higher but I find 4K setting smoothest for gaming use ) 52" display.

As said I'm getting close up blur on the trash poster and expected "rounding" on stuff that isn't "right in front of my nose", but nothing like the examples like the Noodle sign or the neon arrow folk have posted or indeed the pixellated vending machines.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077_20201211144911.png
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201211144911.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 114
  • Cyberpunk 2077_20201211150855.png
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201211150855.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
  • Cyberpunk 2077_20201211150939.png
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201211150939.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
  • Cyberpunk 2077_20201211151010.png
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201211151010.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • Cyberpunk 2077_20201211151239.png
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201211151239.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I literally work with Graphics/Projections/Lighting as a job, I also have the kind of eye/brain connection that sharp that my brain spots dead pixels on LED walls from halfway across the stadium and literal single dead pixels on a 4K monitor ( and have issues using anything sub 1080P these days ) and also a literal 0.1 degree error in my glasses rX is enough to cause the vision to mess up in the axis involved.

If there were any issues ( hint : I've already logged one about UI placement clipping offscreen even with safe area dropped to minimum in the PS4 settings ) occuring for me I would be one of the last to tolerate them, trust me on this.

This is why the model/region etc that myself and also the mods keep asking for is important...

Because if it was purely engine problems **everyone** would be having issues.

Current Issues so far?

UI clipping

Not had so far?

Heist fail, any blurring, crashes, stutters beyond expected on area transit since I play off an external 4TB, audio stutter, blocking/artefacting, voice fails, or any other the other issues other folk are saying about

for reference : UK, Gen 1 1TB with original System HDD and 4TB external, 1.02 and most recent Sys version. Film Grain and Depth disabled because I never use them in any games since they are known resource hogs and also annoy me.

I'm not arguing some folk may have issues, I'm simply stating that it's not everyone like some people are trying to claim and it's also not global like the various articles seem to be claiming.

I'm also saying that if people want a quicker response then tech need more details so they can see if it's a regional or specific chipset/GPUset issue and adjust accordingly.

What the he** are you talking about?! This is bulls***. This is just ridiculous! Are you trying to lie to us to see this game sharper and better than what it really is?! ''have issues using anything sub 1080P these days''... What the he** dude?! This game is something like 720p atm! Maybe not even that good! I'm speechles!

It looks like my ps4 is about to explode when I'm outside V's apartment. And I can't see anything because it's so so SO blurry. I mean, I was playing GOW a few days ago and now I feel like my eyes are being assaulted by this game.

Admittedly, I would have less of a problem with this if I hadn't pre-ordered the digital version. If I had gotten the physical edition, I could have just returned it and bought it sometime down the line when they fixed the issues (or when/if I were to get a decent gaming PC), but the fact that I can't return it, am now down $60 usd, and now have a 102gb game collecting dust in my library that IDK if I'll ever be able to play without getting eye strain from the blurry images... shit...

Last edited:
What the he** are you talking about?! This is bulls***. This is just ridiculous lol! You are trying to lie to us to see this game sharper and better than what it really is?! ''have issues using anything sub 1080P these days''... What the he** dude?! This game is something like 720p atm lol! I'm speechles!

Step One : learn to comprehend what is meant by the term 1080P, this means a display with resolution of 1920x1080; I literally have issues working with anything smaller as I often want to zoom in on 8K imagery/playback to check if it's a focus or corruption issue causing a display fault or is it the display/projector installed having issues
Step Two : then comprehend that at lower resolutions I can literally see pixel stepping on 14point text for even TTF fonts ( hell, on some sites/games etc. I can see this at 1080p anyway ), never mind the levels of artefacting some images are shown here have
Step Three : Chill with the bullshit and lying comments unless you want to eat a report or six
Step Four : realise that just because you're telling your PS4 to output in 1080P doesn't mean your Display is rendering in that if you have something set wrong on the display

I have not at any point said no one is having issues. I have simply stated that I am not and then openly discussed what my system is and also that due to my job and also eyesight issues ( which due to my Job means I have glasses rather than contacts and that I get my prescription checked at the longest 12 months apart and the glasses changed whenever there is a prescription shift with the last change being literally 4 months ago ) it's not going to be my eyesight.

I'd be one of the first to be jumping on the low-res/bitty wagon since it would drive me nuts, because I'd be spotting it and it would niggle at me breaking immersion.

Some things I expect to be blocky close up since they're trash assets meant for backgrounds, some I expect to be sharp and capable of zoom right to "right in front of my nose" levels and still hold close to vector level sharpness.

As for the 720P?

I remember 720P and have 720P games to compare to.

If you're seeing that level of artefacting then there's an issue I've not got going on... because I'm not seeing it while I play.

Hell, I'd be pissed if I was seeing half the issues in the images shown... but taking a hissy fit at me for stating facts and arguing against a few internet articles doesn't help the Techs sort the issues that are causing it. It just gets you hyped up while generating zero actual input for the devs/techs to sort it.

Hence the comments from those of us that are tech savvy stating that it'll help narrow down what's causing this for some folk if people submit tickets along with specifying Console, Game Version ( should be 1.02 for most folk ), output and also as weird as it sounds Region in case it's a region Build issue rather than a chipset/GPU era issue.

Btw does anyone remember what Adam Kiciński said to investors in November?
Ahem..."Cyberpunk 2077 is performing great on all platforms with the game performing surprisingly well on the base PS4 and Xbox One as well "
Well, that was foreshadowing...

Last edited:
It's works on tosters aka consoles so it's all gut. Noone expected that toy for 1/3 price of proper graphic card will run it in full hd in over 20 fps xd. Pc master race 75 fps ultra 2k thanx

Top Bottom