On the positive note, Music is an absolute banger

+
However I do not like majority of aspects that make or break the game for me at this current state, I absolutely adore the music. Both soundtrack and the radio songs are top notch. Especially the soundtrack. Big up to Przybyłowicz, Adamczyk and Morgan. It is incredibly fitting and absolutely energizing. It bears such emotions that a lot of composers could only hope to achieve. That thing by itself just made the atmosphere for the game. It weren't them dialogues as much, but the music and especially the soundtrack are as good as it was in Witcher 3. Radio songs are again very fitting, interesting and vary varied in themes. In comparison I think it has much better radio music choices than GTA V. Too bad the driving is such a choir.

Those things alone makes me wonder, what happened, but at the same time, makes me feel a bit reasurring that this game, hopefuly, given enough time, would be a masterpiece. And again, big up to the composers and various artists that were part of the music design.

Bells of Laguna Bend. What a fucking amazing song btw. Sounded like modern video-game composing and production taking hints from Vangelis in the harmonic progression. Relying heavily on long Dorian modal changes and what not.

No sorry, the music didn't work for me...
Or rather, there were a few musics which I really liked (obviously grimes ahead), but they were drowned in the middle of a bunch of uninspired musics, which didn't seem futurist (nor even good musically speaking) at all, just some mediocre radio music I feel like I have ever heard over and over.
And the radio hosts themselves didn't have anything interresting to say (which surprised me, even compared to the tv host in game for example), but there are only maybe 5 or 6 speeches, with a turnover so high that you hear the same conversation every couple hours or so.. in those conditions, it is better NOT having those radio speeches, as they get under my nerve quick

Bells of Laguna Bend. What a fucking amazing song btw. Sounded like modern video-game composing and production taking hints from Vangelis in the harmonic progression. Relying heavily on long Dorian modal changes and what not.
That song really touches the soul. One of my favourites for sure.

Most of the OST is really really fantastic.

The Radio song selection was decent. I was a fan of some of futuristic calm songs on Pacific Dreams. And hearing Miles Davis Generique whilst cruising City Center in the night rain was a treat.
Seemed to be 3 radio stations playing the similar kind of techno. Feel like they could of added more variation there and include some Drum & Bass (Neurofunk/darkstep) or Gabber.

Pon Pon Sh*t is a guilty pleasure. So terrible. But I can't stop listening. o_O

The radio being interrupted by the same news reports mid way through a song is really bad though.

It fits the scene so well during gameplay. There is also an unreleased version which is used during V and Judy's romance after swimming :)

Uff yeah, don't get me started on the under water thing as I wanna keep it as spoiler free as possible. The distorted synths are just spot on for the location.

Honestly waiting for the Vinyl Album. It was hinted and teased, then no other news. In a game with Vinyl everywhere, would make sense for them to really put the soundtracks on Vinyl

Top Bottom