On Very Hard: Why do I feel so powerful as a netrunner? Bugged Netrunners?

+
As soon as I get some perks assigned to Breach Protocol and Quickhacking - it seems nothing can touch me.

Enemies almost always try to reveal position, but they die from Overheat (or whatever) before they finish. Enemy Netrunners don't seem to do anything until I'm discovered - so as long as I remain hidden, I can kill with impunity and have zero opposition.

Does something happen later on in the game to make it harder? I'm level 20 now and I'm playing with AI Netrunners and Better Netrunning mods to try and make it harder - but I'm wondering if there's a bug with Netrunners not trying to find me? I seem to recall them doing that in the past.

Netrunners remain very powerful, not near powerful as before 1.3, but still :)
In 1.5, "reveal position" feature was modified. It's not a "random" enemy in the group as in 1.3, but the one directly affected by the QH. So you can easily kill him and avoid to been located.

Netrunners remain very powerful, not near powerful as before 1.3, but still :)
In 1.5, "reveal position" feature was modified. It's not a "random" enemy in the group as in 1.3, but the one directly affected by the QH. So you can easily kill him and avoid to been located.
It would be much better if it was a random enemy, though - as that would make stealth killing with Quickhacking much less predictably easy.

If I have to find the person trying to hack me first, it's harder.

Also, why are enemy netrunners not reacting to their people being hacked? Seems to me they should immediately try to reveal my position when put on alert.

Maybe I'm missing something, though.

It would be much better if it was a random enemy, though - as that would make stealth killing with Quickhacking much less predictably easy.
You don't know how many players found that annoying as hell in 1.3 :D
(But I'm sure that enemies reactions/actions/AI will be imroved in futur patches. 1.3 and 1.5 was the very first updates who "try" to improve/rebalance the game)

You don't know how many players found that annoying as hell in 1.3 :D
(But I'm sure that enemies reactions/actions/AI will be imroved in futur patches. 1.3 and 1.5 was the very first updates who "try" to improve/rebalance the game)
I can imagine :)

It would make sense if they had to witness the hack or be in close proximity - and enemy netrunners should be more aggressive with revealing.

It shouldn't just be every time you deal X amount of damage. It's way too predictable and easy to overcome.

Then again, I guess making the game challenging isn't really a priority.

And don't forget legendary Short Circuit which will add passive like 14K damage to any weapon attack that crits. So you take Buzzsaw, add silencer, dump crit chance mods and shoot things though walls etc.

And don't forget legendary Short Circuit which will add passive like 14K damage
It add its own level one effect (so the green "uncommon" one), so I don't know if it's really 14K... And now, I tried "hard" in 1.5, but I was not able to get higher crit chance than about 20/30%. So not as efficient than before too :)
Then again, I guess making the game challenging isn't really a priority.
I think it is (like all the changes in 1.5 with mods and armor). But they do it by "little" touches :)

So not as efficient than before too
It's still absurdly effective. Especially with automatic weapons (and shotguns in some capacity).

Just did a quick test:
- with quick hack:
- without:

Both with Buzzsaw and netrunner build (no reflexes build).

IMHO the legendary effect should be EMP and not rank 1 short circuit as it's broken. Buzzsaw could see a change as well ;)

Only legendary one have an EMP effect. The "basic" one don't.
(But level 50, against "low level" enemies, with all the QH perks effects, even the level one is powerful...)
Legendary_Short_Circuit.jpgUncommon_Short_Circuit.jpg

Was saying they should change the passive effect from generating basic short circuit on the enemy to EMP only. This isn't something that works only at level 50.
But it could be a bug, it's not intended to be as powerful (It must "simply" add the "little" effect of the basic short circuit) :(
On your video, Short Circuit effect literally "fry" the dude^^

I find the whole process pretty static, you do everything stood still and in a pseudo pause menu. I tried it with my first V and it was insanely powerful and ultimately very dull; you can take out the whole network in actual seconds without even moving from the spot. I much prefer other build types where you get to get stuck in.

It was fun enough to try but I'll never do it again. It's just a shame it's so "menu driven".

On your video, Short Circuit effect literally "fry" the dude^^
First try was even quicker that. They nerfed contagion damage but overheat and short circuit (and others) still one-shot people quite quickly down the netrunner build. Short Circuit always was doing insane overkill damage and it carries to the passive effect. On top of that you can blind and break weapons of all affected by protocol breach so it's pretty fun ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if something is calculated incorrectly.

This is an older example from 2021 - the passive is 20K damage:

(also it's annoying they removed "easy respawns" ;) )

First try was even quicker that. They nerfed contagion damage but overheat and short circuit (and others) still one-shot people quite quickly down the netrunner build. Short Circuit always was doing insane overkill damage and it carries to the passive effect. On top of that you can blind and break weapons of all affected by protocol breach so it's pretty fun ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if something is calculated incorrectly.

This is an older example from 2021 - the passive is 20K damage:

(also it's annoying they removed "easy respawns" ;) )
Yep, I'm sure nothing have change on Short Circuit since release (it still damn powerful) :)
The only thing who have changed, it's the fact that now, you can't have 100% chance to do a crit damage (in 1.31 or earlier, with 100% crit chance, Short Circuit was applied on each bullets or almost. And even with blades, with your own fists or any kind of weapons^^)

I'm curious about shotguns - they shot multiple pellets and if each rolls for a crit on it own then it's quite easy to get at least one crit to yhen trigger the short circuit passive. Even if you have 40-50%ish crit chance fast fire guns and shotguns will crit quickly and that's all it takes as the bonus damage is insane.

Those vids remind me just how alien must my 'Doomguy' moving style looks like, piotrrk.

See, I usually move through a series of attempted circle/strafe jumps and double jumps mid-air. Or just the last one since the rest might be but a placebo. Unless positioning tactically for noise levels.

Fwiw, never felt the need to be a netrunner when I can do stuff like this (in the vid). A 12-sized mag would only make it double as fun.

Though, I am interested in probing netrunner stuff. Gurus, which things do the most damage?

I'm curious about shotguns - they shot multiple pellets and if each rolls for a crit on it own then it's quite easy to get at least one crit to yhen trigger the short circuit passive. Even if you have 40-50%ish crit chance fast fire guns and shotguns will crit quickly and that's all it takes as the bonus damage is insane.
I didn't use too much shotgun, but I remember to see some crit and some "normal" damage on enemies on one shoot.
I suppose, even with "only" 20-30% chances, so you have a great chances to deal at least, one crit with a single shoot and so to apply Short Circuit passive effect each time (or almost, because it's 12 projectiles per shoot, if I remember).

Fwiw, never felt the need to be a netrunner when I can do stuff like this (in the vid). A 12-sized mag would only make it double as fun.

Initially netrunning was used to clear whole building with contagion in like 2 sec. Now it still can be used for stupid overkills and if you want stealth or no-violence missions done for fixers.

Weapon type plays a crucial role on how the combat will look like. Revolvers and headshots are well known from this. Shotguns can CC a lot of enemies, and even LMG from afar is super strong with CC. SOR-22 is slow and has no CC and is like the most useless weapon in the game :D

This is my comparison from a while ago:

Right now my favorite weapon is DB-2 Testera - single shot, quick reload and perks to move fast and just flank enemies and shot absurd amount of damage into them. Kang Tao smart shotgun isn't bad either.

It add its own level one effect (so the green "uncommon" one), so I don't know if it's really 14K... And now, I tried "hard" in 1.5, but I was not able to get higher crit chance than about 20/30%. So not as efficient than before too :)

I think it is (like all the changes in 1.5 with mods and armor). But they do it by "little" touches :)

It procs the level 1 effect of the legendary hack (which has much higher base damage than uncommon Short Circuit) and it crits for a lot more than 14k.

More like 25 to 35k. I have video of this I'll upload in a moment. The proc damage scales off Bloodware and Subliminal Message. It can crit if you have Critical Error. It has no internal cooldown so you can proc it on multiple, consecutive weapon hits.

Edit: video here: Unofficial *BUILD* Discussion | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

Last edited:
It procs the level 1 effect of the legendary hack (which has much higher base damage than uncommon Short Circuit) and it crits for a lot more than 14k.
So if you look my screenshot, it add the first line :
"Inflict moderate damages on the target. Very efficient... weak point"
So it mean it add (without crit) > 9069dmg/sec (this value is based on my "level 16 INT netrunner" not intended to deal great damages in combat)
If yes, I didn't knew :)
(But since more than a year, I always quite good INT attribute (between 16 and 20), but I avoid to use combat QHs, because they're way too powerful...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom