Once Upon A Pyre is now available

+

Once Upon A Pyre is finally here!​

Containing 26 new cards, bringing fresh strategies to players’ arsenals, and kicking off the storyline behind the Price of Power set. The Once Upon A Pyre expansion is the first expansion of Price of Power set and available for free download right now across all supported platforms.​

Find out more about the new cards and the different ways to obtain them right here!

That trailer is a true piece of art. The atmosphere, the rhymes, and just everything about it is exceptional. :beer:

And, once again, the new main menu music is absolutely top-notch.

Indeed, my friend, they run quite well.
The Witchfinder seeks her foes to quell
Not merely with brand, or flaming pyre,
But with verses cunning, keen, and dire.
The mages can run, but they cannot hide
for the Witchfinder comes, allies by her side.
Pyres will burn, skies blackened by smoke
and believe me, friend, it is no joke.
Many lives will be ending, spirits departing their hosts
left behind will be ashes and some vengeful ghosts.
'Tis a true terror for those with skill in magic
and a story so dark it is downright tragic.

The spell-weavers skulk in alleys dark,
Whilst, for their blood, hunters, like hounds, bark.
Those magic wiles, the twisted charm,
Shall upon their heads turn to harm.
The hounds shall scent them in their lairs;
Mages shall stumble in well-laid snares.
Then Novigrad, with pyres ablaze,
Shall ring the Witchfinder's mighty praise.

[Of course, I'm neither fond of Novigrad, witch-hunters, nor the Syndicate, but this is a jolly little exercise in poetry.]

Bounties are placed on the heads of all mages,
witch hunters then collect their generous wages.
Crowns are paid out for every mage and wizard,
even those working for the group of the lizard.
Magic is outlawed and the punishment's death,
but a spell can be cast with one's dying breath.
Sometimes a burning can be a true show,
though the amusement value is really quite low.
Witch hunters are monsters of the worst kind;
true delight in torture and murder they find.

(I think we're having a bit too much fun with this, Riven. :D )

1673900612481.png

Guest 4375874

Once Upon A Pyre is finally here!

Containing 26 new cards, bringing fresh strategies to players’ arsenals, and kicking off the storyline behind the Price of Power set. The Once Upon A Pyre expansion is the first expansion of Price of Power set and available for free download right now across all supported platforms.​

Find out more about the new cards and the different ways to obtain them right here!
For the most part the NR and NG additions have been interesting and unpredictable. MO on the other hand is the exact opposite. Telegraphed and difficult to maintain in a meta that is focused on removal. Where the other mechanics build upon existing cards and affect their deck this is carried by a handful of clunky relicts that relies on you keeping your points. Sabbath forces you to overcommit in R1 in order to maintain it, in the hopes that maybe you'll have a chance to play She who knows. If you don't draw this card in R1 but in a short R2 it pretty much bricks. Playing for 10 isn't a plus either when factions are playing bronze cards that play for up to 10pts (+ thinning now) and we're in a removal meta where players can and do go for a 2-0 win. You absolutely cannot play her in R1 unless you have last say but seasoned players will likely pass before that, so you're left in R2 with less pts than you need for her to work or if you do she just gets nuked because anyone can Oneiro into heatwave now.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I think we're having a bit too much fun with this, Riven. :D )
[Naturally.]

With golden zeal the hunters burn,
To light the night, the pious yearn,
To fan the sparks, and smear the ash,
And put all spellcraft to the lash.
They seek out witch, and pellar with herbs,
who, with trinket, and omen disturbs
The Eternal Fire, the deathless flame.
To met out vengeance is their game,
To crush those different, those apart,
And banish fear from doubting heart.
Yet, whilst these hunters grow the richer,
The world, in truth, needs a witcher. . .

The new cards are missing the text showing who created the artwork. (on my side at least)
I'd really like to know who the creators are. Beautiful work as always.

Excuse me again. Don't know where else to write this. I've played around 10 matches already, both Standard and 'Dual Casting' modes. Each match ends for me in an automatic Victory as my opponent forfeits. Once or twice is acceptable, but now this seems like the previous glitch where matches would end in a 'Draw'. Has anyone else encountered this?

Each match ends for me in an automatic Victory as my opponent forfeits.
Never heard of a bug resulting in "Opponent has forfeited", nor seen any other reports about such a thing. Doubt it's a bug; 10 instant forfeits in a row is a lot, but not impossible.

Never heard of a bug resulting in "Opponent has forfeited", nor seen any other reports about such a thing. Doubt it's a bug; 10 instant forfeits in a row is a lot, but not impossible.
Absolutely understandable. Maybe I was getting lucky or something. It just seemed to me quite unusual so I decided to double-check with you guys. Thank you for the fast response.

Top Bottom