One gwent card missing in Velen (help)

+
Hello witchers sorry if this is not the good section to post because i need 10 points? to post in other sections.
Everything is in the title, im going on for a 100% playthrought before starting a ng+ someday and for that i need the gwent trophie, and the problem is
that when i'm looking into the gwent book it say that im missing 1 card from velen + 14 new cards won from players of no particular renown or skill, i guess the 14 ones will be the ones from skellige since i did not much play gwent there, the problem is the 1 card missing in velen.

i was looking a little bit on internet (differents sites etc) so here are the results :

1 Possible bug that the last card from velen can be the first one in toussant (the first inn cocatrice) went there won the party and still the same 1 card missing in velen
2 Possible bug the swordsmith in mulbredane, i went to safe him from bandits then went to his place, played gwent but he only gives me material (reloaded 1 more time to check again still only material)
3 The marchand in dawnnarren (the village destroyed by the kill spirit), his icon is present on the radar but he hanged himself inside the house (is he the 1 missing card? i hope not)
4 The marchand from Clay-something i saved him went to play gwent he gave me one monster card and i bought also from him the dragon hunter card, those are the last cards i won so far but im still missing one in velen

Can anybody give me some more hints where to look thank you
ps: im playing on ps4
ps : before wining the last 2 cards (n4) i also went in Midcopse at that time i had 3 cards left in velen, i bough from marchand the cards he had so after that i only had 1 card left to find, so maybe is there another marchand that im missing but cant find which one

Last edited:
Do you know the missing Velen card's name? That would make things a lot easier.

The missing card has to be one that needs to be bought, or won in one of the gwent quests. Merchants, blacksmiths and other secondary NPCs you can challenge are those "players of no particular renown".

Double check all merchants that sell cards (there are guides on that available) in Velen, and that you've fully completed the "Gwent: Velen players" quest. I'm also pretty sure "Gwent: Playing innkeeps" has one card to be won in Velen.
If you've completed all of the gwent quests, then the missing card has to be one that needs to be bought.

Edit: Actually, I think the quests can be left out of the equation; you'd be missing at least two cards if you hadn't completed them. So, a buyable card it is.

Last edited:
Other than comparing your collection to a list of all base game cards, no.

Okey thanks, att least i can cut the apple in half since you are saying that those cards need to be bought so i dont need to seek them by playing gwent
Im going back into the game i will post here if i find it

I seem to recall having similar situation myself in the past; one card missing in Velen. I had simply missed one merchant, not sure which one though. It was rather frustrating travelling around Velen looking for merchants. :p

I seem to recall having similar situation myself in the past; one card missing in Velen. I had simply missed one merchant, not sure which one though. It was rather frustrating travelling around Velen looking for merchants. :p

Praise be the coffee man :D
Post automatically merged:

Im starting to think that i messed up somewhere because i just found a elf marchand (the one est off novigrad where you recruit the women for the heist in hos) well i beated him and also bough 3 cards from hes inventory (emyr, foltest and darkness) and still left with 1 card to collect in velen :/ idk what to think

So far i visited all shopkeepers from velen (12) two off them are not spawning, one in Downwarren and the other in Bald Mountain :/

Continuing...Just bought a card for Cunny of the Goose innkeeper (young emisery card) and still 1 card left.

I went on gwentcards.com to see exactly what cards im missing :

North :

completed

Nilgaard :

Vatier de Rideaux (randomly earned)

Monsters :

Gargoyle (randomly earned)
Wyerin (randomly earned)

Scoiatel :

Elven Skirmisher (3 of 3) - Urialla Village

Neutral :

completed

All in all i still dont have a clue where to look for that 1 card missing in Velen

Ok so i just found the last card from velen, i played against the blacksmith in Blackbough and he gave me the Villentretenmerth card (neutral) and the last card from the book dissapeared wich means that i found all cards in velen,
so for everyone to know whos also looking for cards you also need to play them not just buying them, but one thing is
strange (im not going to complain about that) the blacksmith i already played gwent against him long long time ago, you can see that by looking at the dialoge text colour (grey).

Whole fucking day for 1 card gg :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom