“One more gig” bug

+
Playing on One X and I haven’t found much about this glitch aside from old forums from months ago. Correct me if this was mentioned in some patch notes I never saw but I’m still encountering a bug that after finishing the game and playing the credits, when I’m able to hit “one more gig” still just sends me straight back to main menu. I’ve attempted this maybe around 10 times to see if anything is possible to fix it but still nothing fixed it, I know it’ll be asked but I do have some manual saves but all of the saves are a very long time before the final mission and all the auto saves are after starting the final mission so I don’t really have any saves to go back to besides deciding to basically start over again which I don’t have any issue with I just didn’t wanna have to go through the headache of getting somewhat close to where I was before the final mission.

I've experienced this recently on PS4, couldn't pinpoint exactly why it was happening because on this particular save I had previously gone through every other ending and selected one more gig without issue. The only thing that worked was restarting the endgame from a manual save I had made outside Embers before meeting Hanako.

Unfortunately it looks to me like it's tied to a save file that encounters an error sometime after the point of no return, no amount of reloading quick/autosaves made after the point solved the issue for me.

I'd recommend maintaining a manual save when you make progress in future though, especially make a separate one outside Embers before you go in and meet Hanako. The game can be quite funky; I'm so paranoid about losing saves I keep them backed up on two USBs. :giveup:

I've experienced this recently on PS4, couldn't pinpoint exactly why it was happening because on this particular save I had previously gone through every other ending and selected one more gig without issue. The only thing that worked was restarting the endgame from a manual save I had made outside Embers before meeting Hanako.

Unfortunately it looks to me like it's tied to a save file that encounters an error sometime after the point of no return, no amount of reloading quick/autosaves made after the point solved the issue for me.

I'd recommend maintaining a manual save when you make progress in future though, especially make a separate one outside Embers before you go in and meet Hanako. The game can be quite funky; I'm so paranoid about losing saves I keep them backed up on two USBs. :giveup:
I feel you there, from the start of the game I’ve tried to maintain a healthy amount of saving but somewhere along the way I failed my duty to keep up with saving and have since passed the “point of no return” (no pun intended)

regardless I guess I’ll end up starting a new run eventually to try to deal with it, oh well, I just find it very strange that CDPR would choose to make the “after game” reload attached to the saves you auto/manually put in and not do it like other games

thanks for letting me know I wasn’t alone

I feel you there, from the start of the game I’ve tried to maintain a healthy amount of saving but somewhere along the way I failed my duty to keep up with saving and have since passed the “point of no return” (no pun intended)

regardless I guess I’ll end up starting a new run eventually to try to deal with it, oh well, I just find it very strange that CDPR would choose to make the “after game” reload attached to the saves you auto/manually put in and not do it like other games

thanks for letting me know I wasn’t alone
No problem! What's weird is the game does create a point of no return save, but looks like it's just used by the system as a state to return the player to after completing the game, at least it's never been accessible to me through the manual load game option. Hopefully in future patches the game will actually create a save point that can be used by the player in case something goes wrong.

Top Bottom