One stupid question...

+
One stupid question...

IS IT DEAD? It has all the symptoms of being dead. So is it dad or alive? Seriously. Y/N.
(A year without a single news is suspiciously too long for alive project...)
:)

Not dead. According to Linkedin profiles for the devs, some have been on the project 2 years now. I'm not sure if they will show anything till after TW3 releases.

IS IT DEAD? It has all the symptoms of being dead. So is it dad or alive? Seriously. Y/N.
(A year without a single news is suspiciously too long for alive project...)

The game's definitely alive. There has been some press info, but as slimgrin said, the PR focus is on The Witcher 3 at he moment, so don't expect anything much until after that gets released later this year.

I can't vouch for the forum members though. I think MOST of them are alive, but I do have my suspicions about some of them.

The game is alive, but in the "background", I bet we'll have a lot more infos on it when the witcher 3 will be released.
For the moment , we don't have that much to chew on, excepted what we know from the pnp, the interview and the trailer.
I hope that when we'll have a "real" news, it'll be huge, not just a wallpaper.

Sigh. Read the faq. Last news was Jan 2014. Dragon found it. Hardly a year.

I think wars might be dead. There's this smell...

Last edited:

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

I'm not dead, just tired..

You guys will miss me when I'm gone dammit!

Also, i just want to say, if you aware that it is a stupid question, why are you asking it then? What made you? I mean, like Sard said, it hasn't been that long since we have heard "some" news about it.. (Even though it wasn't much)

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

I'm not dead, just tired..

You guys will miss me when I'm gone dammit!

So what's the smell then?

Also, i just want to say, if you aware that it is a stupid question, why are you asking it then? What made you? I mean, like Sard said, it hasn't been that long since we have heard "some" news about it.. (Even though it wasn't much)

Well, if you look in the NEWS section, I guess you could be forgiven for thinking it.

Of course the game is still alive. That's more than can be said for the development team, however, half of whom have died of old age since the announcement.

Lol. The sad thing is they were going to be leaking steady info through the blog, and that got abandoned right off the bat. I'm not worried or anything, but I also think it wouldn't distract from TW3 if they showed fans something. Anything.

but I also think it wouldn't distract from TW3 if they showed fans something. Anything.

They aren't ready, I think. Let's take Iwin at his word: it just isn't ready to show anything. That probably means they've settled very little - nearly anything could be changed.

They also might have - in fact, i think they said this - been blown away by the views on the trailer. QUITE a reaction.

A quick glance at the first Witcher 3 trailer that Google presents shows 2.6 million Youtube views, iirc.

Cyberpunk 2077 has 6.5 million views. Just the one trailer. Yes, I'm aware it's the only one, other than the HD version, as opposed to the now-many W3 trailers. Still. 6.5 million views. For an intro trailer for a game years and years away.

Of course, least 80,000 of those were mine and another 120,000 were Wisdom, but still.

So, yeah, perhaps they are a little concerned with distracting people from Witcher 3.

Personally, I think that having ONE big reveal about CP77, with a cross-reference to TW3, may be useful marketing. Not enough to distract, but enough to get those 6.5m people to look at TW3 too.

They can test it out on Wisdom.

Personally, I think that having ONE big reveal about CP77, with a cross-reference to TW3, may be useful marketing. Not enough to distract, but enough to get those 6.5m people to look at TW3 too.

What about a mote in depth Witcher trailer but when it ends you pan out to a dude from 2077 watching it on a hand held device which he then puts away and walks off into the dark rainy night surrounded by neon and all the other 2077 goodness?

What if that dude was Swaggy!!!

What about a mote in depth Witcher trailer but when it ends you pan out to a dude from 2077 watching it on a hand held device which he then puts away and walks off into the dark rainy night surrounded by neon and all the other 2077 goodness?

Somehow I think that comes into the category of distracting attention away from TW3.

So what's the smell then?

Wars isn't housebroken yet.

Well, duh.. You can't fight a war indoors dude..

As awesome as that sounds, it would confuse a lot of people.. People who doesn't know anything about CP77 would go like "WTF did i just see? OMG, will that guy appear in Witcher 3, LOL.." And it would be annoying and stuff..

The game isn't dead, the thing is they announced it before they had anything done but the trailer... most game companies don't anounce until much further along in the process.

Of course, least 80,000 of those were mine and another 120,000 were Wisdom, but still.
t

That is.... a highly conservative estimate, I lost count of how many times I watched it a looooooooooong time ago... but probably fairly accurate... I willa gree, as anything more than 120,000 times in a year would probably seem unreasonable to outsiders...

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

as the relation to Cyberpunk is the only reason I even know Witcher exists....

But.... we already know Swaggy is dead, all corpsified and everything... we don't want to confuse people...

And as for War's smell...

He's not dead really... he's just.... rotting...

Well. Last news on FAQ is from 2013 and last real news is from January 2013. So it can make some people worried. They have been working on this for over 2 years now so some information besides a typical "It will be thrilling, groundbreaking and cancer curing experience" would be nice. I suspect that when the witcher thing comes out they will keep up with more news. And we still don't know when TW3 is out.
And yes, I am trolling a little. Just a bit.
But really. A few early screenshots would make the whole forum squirt.
That did not come out well...

Top Bottom