One update to position them all — positioning update now available!

+
4RM3D;n8207220 said:
1) A lot of other CCG also have an emote system. This isn't a good argument for Gwent, to follow the mainstream. I'm just pointing out it's a normal thing.
2) I really haven't had any emote spam. I actually rarely had any emotes at all, except for the occasional GG or thanks.
3) You can mute the opponent. And I guess CDPR will implement a global mute option soon.

In conclusion: please be patient and may you have more luck next time.

1) It's impossible to implement an automated moderated chat. You can also annoy people without using swear words.
2) No CCG (that I know off) has chat function and for good reasons.
3) It's a tactical game. People would want to focus on the game, not on what the opponent is saying.
4) Also there is little time to chat considering the time restrain on turns.
5) I don't like the chat to be filled with non-English language.
6) If you want to chat, invite friends and chat via GOG Galaxy.

In conclusion: there is no place for chit-chat during matches.

Alternate suggestion: Have a quick button after the match to invite the last played opponent to:
1) A rematch
2) A friendly chat (discussing the last match)
3) Becoming friends

Stuff like that...

So alt tab is the future of chatting now? Are you kidding me? And you dont like non english languages? Wow. No comment. And any online game i know has a chat, dont know which ones you mean. And you ignore the fact that if you dont like the chat you can turn it off. We need a ingame chat so we can interact with one another without using the forum or the GOG chat. Sharing deck building ideas and making friends is key for a community. It fosters a better community. Emotes that are harassing are the opposite of that.

alizr3ik;n8203970 said:
Breeding neckers was the least problem all it took was a Yennfer card to destroy them all one by one, this update castrated the monster deck literally.

I don't see how Yen would kill Nekkers one by one when they're the easiest units to protect early game, and can have their strength funneled into Kayran/Eki/Vran in later rounds. I've been playing nothing but consume monsters since the patch hit and I've been more successful than not.

SarahAustin;n8207950 said:
And you dont like non english languages? Wow.

Obviously you cannot talk with them if they don't understand English or another language you know. It's not about liking, it's about practicality.

And any online game i know has a chat, dont know which ones you mean.

I've said: no online CCG (Collectible Card Game) has in-game chat. Other online games usually do have some form of chat. But it's pointless to compare it with other genres.

Emotes that are harassing are the opposite of that.

There is also a "thank you" and other good emotes. It isn't meant to harass players, even though some will, which will also happen when you have chat.

We need a ingame chat so we can interact with one another without using the forum or the GOG chat. Sharing deck building ideas and making friends is key for a community. It fosters a better community.

You aren't really going to talk about anything worthwhile while playing a match. Most opponents will just try to confuse you, saying things like: I have card xxx or I'm gonna do this or that. That's why I've made an alternative suggestion:

Have a quick button after the match to invite the last played opponent to:
1) A rematch
2) A friendly chat (discussing the last match)
3) Becoming friends

Meaning that, if you want to chat, do it after the match, not during.

PS. The chat function might also alienate Xbox users who don't have a keyboard.

I don't even want to go how nerfed my Monster deck has become (clear skies clearing everything, rag nar rog becoming pointless for the deck, Imlerith getting nerfed, etc etc)

But an even bigger issue I'm having is the disconnects. Ever since the patch, my game disconnects like crazy in the middle of a match. Literally lost at least the past 6 matches in a row due to disconnects, like, what gives?

Shonendo;n8208280 said:
But an even bigger issue I'm having is the disconnects. Ever since the patch, my game disconnects like crazy in the middle of a match. Literally lost at least the past 6 matches in a row due to disconnects, like, what gives?

More people have disconnect issues since the latest patch. All the issues are gathered in this thread.

4RM3D;n8208040 said:
I've said: no online CCG (Collectible Card Game) has in-game chat.
Actually Infinity Wars has in game chat... and it's not intrusive since the chat is closed into a little tab at the bottom of the screen, if the opponent writes something it simply changes color, and you can choose to open it or not.

4RM3D;n8208040 said:
Obviously you cannot talk with them if they don't understand English or another language you know. It's not about liking, it's about practicality.

I've said: no online CCG (Collectible Card Game) has in-game chat. Other online games usually do have some form of chat. But it's pointless to compare it with other genres.

There is also a "thank you" and other good emotes. It isn't meant to harass players, even though some will, which will also happen when you have chat.

You aren't really going to talk about anything worthwhile while playing a match. Most opponents will just try to confuse you, saying things like: I have card xxx or I'm gonna do this or that. That's why I've made an alternative suggestion:

Meaning that, if you want to chat, do it after the match, not during.

PS. The chat function might also alienate Xbox users who don't have a keyboard.

Infinity Wars is a CCG. It has a chat. So does YGOPro. Sure there are others.

Tungdilboindil;n8210070 said:
Actually Infinity Wars has in game chat... and it's not intrusive since the chat is closed into a little tab at the bottom of the screen, if the opponent writes something it simply changes color, and you can choose to open it or not.

Exactly! This is what we need! They also have a report function and ignore/mute. Multiplayer games without chats are dead games. Alt tabbing to chat via GOG, not a solution. Neither is using the forum. People want easy to use chat options. If CDPR doesnt provide, how are they gonna do it in Cyberpunk 2077? And thats supposed to be multiplayer too, right?

Tungdilboindil;n8210070 said:

In my first post I've mentioned: No CCG (that I know off) has chat function. Infinity Wars, I only know by name. Anyhow, the way you've described it, seems like a good implementation of a chat feature. That is, if the devs really want to make such a chat feature, at least make it as non invasive as possible.

Oh look, it's the Hearthstone patch. I've been away for a few weeks for good. CDPR didn't dissapoint one bit. It's the copy paste patch that i expected. And ofcourse... Not even a touch in balancing. Why would they ruin the masterpiece

Agreed with the previous comment. The interface is so un UX friendly for PC players, that I instantly bored. Only 1-3 games in a row and I leave the game. Tried to start use it during the last several days - no way. Before it was much better =( Hope, you will fix it soon

What the heck is going on with the end screen after the rounds are over? I was playing an opponent who forfeited after the 1st round......end screen cam up and I selected rewards.........damn game crashed.........had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the game. Didn't receive any rewards or experience. This has happened several times before. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

guison;n8217800 said:
mine is def more unstable. I am crashing a lot trying to open the game.

Sorry to hear that........Tech Support told me to verify the files at GOG.............did that......even uninstalled it and re-installed it...........still crashes a lot after the final round.

gr8horned1;n8217370 said:
What the heck is going on with the end screen after the rounds are over? I was playing an opponent who forfeited after the 1st round......end screen cam up and I selected rewards.........damn game crashed.........had to do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the game. Didn't receive any rewards or experience. This has happened several times before. Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Im running into the same problem and I play on xbox.

After a match it freezes a lot. Music is playing but cant do anything else. I have to constantly exit out and restart.

The madness of the Northern Realm, this is just one of my many many games during which i rekted my oppopents with a score of +150. This is definitely not balanced and needs fixing.
Capture.PNG

The NR spamming and promoting I hit that numerous times the first day of the patch and out of frustration, decided to quit playing until it gets corrected. Funny thing is players caught on Quick to the lopsided imbalance. .... Went from pre patch facing NR maybe 1 in 10 to over 50 percent in roughly 20 matches later Friday right after the patch. ...

The fact that someone can score 360 in a game like the precious pix posted is a dog gone solid sign that something is broke. And broke pretty bad. Definitely not giving up on haven't or the Devs. Just get it right fellas.

Am I the only one who's cards are ALL pixelated since the patch? I updated all the drivers, un- and reinstalled the game three times, tried to automatically repair it, but nothing helps. Also the game bugged two times already when I wanted to revive someone with Skellige - I could lay all the cards on my hand within one move. The patch brought a LOT of problems it seems. I hope they will release a fix in the coming days because it is not fun playing like that anymore...

Top Bottom