One year, one month and 14 days

+
One year, one month and 14 days

One year, one month and 14 days and I have finally finished The Witcher. Sad to see it end after so long but now I have to push to try to be done with the second by February twenty-eighth. So long old friend.............................Until we meet again!

Thanks to those of you that answered my questions about the game and to SidSpyker for talking my into playing

Just curious, but what took you so long?
13 years ago I was in a car accident, I have massive pain because of it and can only play when my body allows me to play.

I am taking a medicine that is 100X stronger than Morphine as well as Oxycodone and many times that does not even control the pain enough to allow me to play. Glad I pushed through some pain when I did, it's a great game.

13 years ago I was in a car accident, I have massive pain because of it and can only play when my body allows me to play.

I am taking a medicine that is 100X stronger than Morphine as well as Oxycodone and many times that does not even control the pain enough to allow me to play. Glad I pushed through some pain when I did, it's a great game.

Damn. That's dedication, man. Glad you enjoyed it.

Geralt approves of your dedication.

Speaking of pain, have you been to a chiropractic doctor?
medication can only deal with the symptoms and if your pain is associated with the spine or neck, a chiropractic doctor can do you wonders.

Last edited:

addar

Forum veteran
at first i was scared they will delay W 3 agian :p
sir i knew it u will have problem with control second part is more action0 oriented-to enjoy the story go easy mode and hack and slash evrything, story wise WW2 is brillian t!!!

Geralt approves of you dedication.

Speaking of pain, have you been to a chiropractic doctor?
medication can only deal with the symptoms and if your pain is associated with the spine or neck, a chiropractic doctor can do you wonders.
Unfortunately they gave me no relief, my pain is nerve pain.

at first i was scared they will delay W 3 agian :p
sir i knew it u will have problem with control second part is more action0 oriented-to enjoy the story go easy mode and hack and slash evrything, story wise WW2 is brillian t!!!
Hoping to play more this evening, installing a R9 290x shortly so the graphics should really shine.

I do have some kind of idea in the kind of pain you're in. it very hard to sit for a long period of time and just do stuff
and Im glad it was worth it to play a grate game and show so much dedication to TW :cheers:

I do have some kind of idea in the kind of pain you're in. it very hard to sit for a long period of time and just do stuff
and Im glad it was worth it to play a grate game and show so much dedication to TW :cheers:
Thanks Seeker, having some problems with the controls and am taking a break for just a couple of days to let my hands chill out. (I was in a car that hit a tree at 90 MPH in 1988 prior to the other accident 13 years ago and have many other problems because of that including broken wrists, thumbs and frostbite on the hands that can make it fun to play at times) But gaming is worth it!

Last edited:
I can't imagine the pain you're in, even with meds, but it's great that held out and completed one of the best games I know!

Big congrats, and yes, it is indeed dedication. So party hats off! :fun:

I can't imagine the pain you're in, even with meds, but it's great that held out and completed one of the best games I know!

Big congrats, and yes, it is indeed dedication. So party hats off! :fun:
Thank you very much, going to try to play some more of that tomorrow, going to play some BF4 or Chivalry later tonight? Can I mention other games here or is it against the rules?

Thank you very much. I do have one further question I hope you can answer, I saved my game to The Witcher 2 now so can I delete The Witcher now? Things are kinda getting crowded on my C drive.

Nooooooooo - how you can possibly uninstall The Witcher 2? Don't you know that every time someone uninstalls it, a unicorn dies?
Yes, you can. Just backup your last savegames somewhere first.

Nooooooooo - how you can possibly uninstall The Witcher 2? Don't you know that every time someone uninstalls it, a unicorn dies?
Yes, you can. Just backup your last savegames somewhere first.
I think you misunderstand, I want to know if I can uninstall the FIRST one now that the files have saved to the second one.

Edit: One of them boogers stuck me in the arse last week, now it's time to get my vengeance!

Last edited:
OK, sorry for misunderstanding. Go ahead. Uninstalling the first game just causes the death of some unimportant reptile or other.
Keep the last couple of saves in case you ever need them.

Top Bottom