Oneiromancy - The Autoinclude Problem

+
I get bored within the first 30 seconds of a match because I can generally play out the entire match in my head before it happens (win or lose) depending on the opening plays of my opponent and their hero power (it is far too predictable).
Yes. This thing bothers me too.

I would suggest such things:

* Increase card limit in a deck to 30.
* Buff "bronze pattern" to make less gap between bronze and gold value, so drawing bronze in hand wouldn't be so disappointing. There should not be things like a filler you don't want to get in hand.
* Lower Tutors' impact on the game.

As a result of this, a game scenario might become less predictable, strategies might expand, and the Game, in general, might become more diverse.

Regarding Oneio:
As already stated I consider 13 provisions for a double tutor to be too cheap. I would suggest that Oneio should get its Echo conditional (e.g. control a mage, provision of tutored card below 8, etc)

I think all Echo tutors are underpriced. You get 2 tutors essentially, for the price of one card. How does that make sense? And the worst part, not all factions get that, so they HAVE to include Oneiro just to keep up.

We could also take it to the other extreme and give heatwave echo! It almost solves the entire problem; everyone can get 2 cards they want, and everyone can destroy two cards their opponent wants, problem solved!

But seriously, echo tutors are no good for the game. I know RNG is a dirty word, but luck of the draw should not be, and it should be a big part of every match. Removing excessive tutors promotes more widely-based decks because to need to able to adjust strategies based on draws. I also like the idea of raising the deck minimum as someone else mentioned. I've been saying that since closed beta....

I have just started playing and I think that Oneio is important for new players that simply don't have the cards to make competitive and consistent decks with all the factions. I think the card also enables 'out of the box ideas' using less higher provision cards and more mid range cards for those that like deck building outside the meta.

Guest 4375874

I have just started playing and I think that Oneio is important for new players that simply don't have the cards to make competitive and consistent decks with all the factions. I think the card also enables 'out of the box ideas' using less higher provision cards and more mid range cards for those that like deck building outside the meta.
Oneiro is not a cheap card to acquire so I don't understand the point you are trying to make. It also forces new players to acquire it in order to compete because without it they are at a disadvantage. The card is in no way healthy for the game, it's in every meta deck unless their faction already has an echo tutor. Echo cards on a whole have made the game stale.

As some have mentioned, the moment I draw my hand I play out in my head what the opponent has (along with Oneiromancy) and I either continue or immediately forfeit because I don't use Oneiro, so unless I have the cards to deal with them being able to pull anything they want then there's no point even playing.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than crafting many of the top tier golds over 4 factions especially to start getting wins with 4 faction to get up the total rank score. The game has 3 rounds, with the cost of 13 provisions your opponent won't have as many high provision cards but can play a card that is more situational. Maybe the problem is the huge swing that many cards can create, but normally that requires more of a set-up or combo than just choosing 1 card. Maybe you play tall and they can remove it easily? I like how you are sticking to your principles and not playing the card but to forfeit without trying really does, as you mention, defeat the purpose of playing a game.

A bigger problem is coinflip i only start 35% of my games 2-3 from 7 games. I played 200 games without oneiromancy and never got my cards i need on hand.

If you only get the “cards you need” 35% of the time, your opponent also probably only gets the cards needed 35% of the time. Adjusting to different and imperfect draws is part of the game. Frequently losing or winning only due to luck of the draw is poor game design.

Can't help but agree with OP.

As it allows you to select any card it just enables "Deck of the Month" builds, which rely on the overpowered card of the month being selected by the pinpoint accuracy of Oneiromancy, and it completely disregards any kind of deck diversity. Most metadecks these days may as well only have 10 which are currently OP instead of 25 balanced cards, because they tend to just focus on those 10 and view the rest as padding. There's no wider thought, it's just "I know that I can select my currently overpowered card from the deck, I'll get the supporting cards in my hand and ignore the padding".

Top Bottom