Online PnP or RP setup?

+
Online PnP or RP setup?

So I had this idea floating about in my head.. I propose in order to pass by the time we oughta set up a Online PnP/RP thread. Following all the CP2020 devices in Character Creation while merging it with online forum role playing . I have never played CP 2020 so I would have to get the books in order to play which is not a problem for me but I have been forum role playing as well as other methods of role playing (IE in game, chat rooms, texting) so I am no stranger to setting them up. However I would have to leave the mantle of GM for CP 2020 to someone more experienced, also I do think people can make a personal wiki page for an easy character sheet. First thing is first though, would anyone be interested in such a grand venture?

Interested
- NanoPaladin
- Kilravok
- Sardukhar
- Arixson
- Ossirian
- PrimaryUnit
- Dragon Lady

I would be interested in playing over a virtual tabletop system or skype conferencing, but not really into forum roleplay.

Skype was an alternative I had been thinking about. As long as we get a good group going I dont see any reason why skype cant be an option.

Yeah, there is enough interest in it. This is much in my mind. Format and location and setting would have to be settled on. Much beyond four players gets unwieldy for a GM, but there have been online RPGs for World of Darkness, for example, where the players develop much of the world and a team of GMs handle events, story stuff and referees.
It would be interesting to build a fully-fledged version of Night City with different stories coming and going.

Yeah, there is enough interest in it. This is much in my mind. Format and location and setting would have to be settled on. Much beyond four players gets unwieldy for a GM, but there have been online RPGs for World of Darkness, for example, where the players develop much of the world and a team of GMs handle events, story stuff and referees.
It would be interesting to build a fully-fledged version of Night City with different stories coming and going.
Well if enough people get interested in such things we could build a network for it on here where GMs could in theory talk to each other and maybe some things change in seperate scenarios based on what one group did..... could be interesting

I would love to get back into playing CP , it has been far too long due to my gaming group not really meeting more then every 3 weeks until autumn then we don't get back together until about this time of year...

Well I can compile a list of those interested in the OP and once we have 4 or 5 (including a GM) we can get started and meet at least once a week

Just thinking about it makes me want to go grab my books and start reading through them for inspiration.

And that'll be the tough bit. Most of us are either committed to existing games, busy with this horrid Life thing, or wary of playing with new people we met on the Internet. Give it some time, though.

And that'll be the tough bit. Most of us are either committed to existing games, busy with this horrid Life thing, or wary of playing with new people we met on the Internet. Give it some time, though.

The day has just begun for CP2077, so interest is not maxed out

Its not like we have to meet once a day.. i was thinking maybe once every two week or maybe once a week time permitting

Yeah, once a week is typical. Still have to find a format and method, though. Voice or type? Maps or not? Etc.

Well ideally Skype video conference with the GM in the video.... but voice would be just fine granted everyone had a mic. Normally I draw out my own maps and such for personal use... PnP players are smart we will figure out the perfect or best system to go with.

I would love to play as well

Timing might be the biggest issue if you have people from all different time zones going

Yep. Even NA East West is an issue, so schedules will hav eto be examined.

Thta's one of the arguments for a more free-flowing Cpunk chat-room style world. With logging, stuff you do is visible for later ref scrutiny.

Top Bottom