Only two copies of each bronze card

+
Once again, we have not seen anything concrete about Homecoming yet. I really see no reason to worry about something like this when we have no idea what it will be like in practice, especially when the game is clearly going get massive overall changes.

CDPR seem very confident in this decision, and as it's been specifically said that they wish to avoid another Midwinter-like incident, I've no reason to believe two copies of Bronzes would be a bad idea in the new system.
Could be totally awesome for all I know!

I have got mixed feelings about this. But I don't think it will affect the gameplay in general in a bad way. Increasing the number of mulligans should easily fix the problem that blacklisting gets worse and probably the whole mulligan will be reworked.

The two main concerns I have is that my main deck Temeria will definetly not work anymore the way it currently does, which is a bit of a shame.
But more importantly the high number of cards that can be milled. Due to this change all bronze cards should be millable for full value or at least the 3rd copy is auto milled for full value. I expect quite a lot of players having nearly all bronzes. There are currently 64 Common and 134 Rare cards. Milling them all will generate 12.640 Scraps, which would allow players to buy atleast 15 new Golds just from that, which is huge and about half of the number of Golds that were added for homecoming.
Adding to that that the same applies for Premium cards and a lot of players haven't milled anything since the announcement of homecoming, because a lot will be millable for the full price that gives me the fear that it will be possible for most players to instantly buy nearly all new cards. This might not look that bad, but Gwent is nonetheless a card collection game, and being able to instantly get all the new cards would therefore be a catastroph.
Thus I hope that we will get at least 60 new bronze cards to compensate for all the cards that now will be missing in archetypes and to have something to invest those scraps in.

With today's mechanics in mind it is not a good change.

But 80% of the cards will change in some way. And with 2 rows instead of 3 the game will drastically change from what it is now.

So until i see some gameplay with the new changes (hopefully mid July) i'll hold my vote.

3 cards are necessary for Swarm decks. But 3 Viper Witchers are a pain. The only 'solution' I could think of is to introduce a 4th card class called Plastic, which can have 3 cards while the Bronze can only have two. And then distribute the current Bronze cards between Bronze and Plastic.

This'll complicate the game a bit further unnecessarily, though. Balancing is the only optimal solution, which is the core of all such problems. If certain current archetypes need to be get rid of, for a perfectly balanced game, it should be done.

I need to see the new version of the game first. But it's not a change that troubles me that much.

Once again, we have not seen anything concrete about Homecoming yet. I really see no reason to worry about something like this when we have no idea what it will be like in practice, especially when the game is clearly going get massive overall changes.
Again, i will complain untill i see something that will stop me. Why because i have imagenation and have ideas how they will implement things, and i dont like any of them. If CDRed is so confident about it, why not say what they have in mind? So we can discuss these ideas openly? These ideas dont have to be polished, rough scatches will work just fine. And the rough one we get so far, arent that great.

Terible idea, this murders engine decks which allready are underpowered (exclude GS)
I have been asking for nerf to braindead pointspam bronzes that like bearmaster,halfelf,etc but cdpr does exactly the oposite.
Rip Gwent.

Going down this road does not seem like a good idea to me. Trying to better the game by mending things that are NOT broken does not seem like a good idea to me. Maybe instead of thinking about removing a row or limiting the number of bronze copies, which are both fine, developpers should try to adress more pressing issues like coinflip ? Just my opinion...

developpers should try to adress more pressing issues like coinflip
But they are addressing that issue, too.

Trying to better the game by mending things that are NOT broken does not seem like a good idea to me.
Are you sure that it isn't broken, currently?
Looking at the history of Gwent, there were quite a lot of cases, where it can be seen that being able to include 3 copies of a bronze, when you only need 15 bronze cards is far too consistent and troublesome. There were quite a lot troublesome archetypes, revolving mainly around two or even a single bronze card, while the rest of the bronze cards were just support to those. This includes basically every single archetype using Operator, and which were had to be nerved to the ground (Reavers, Queensguards, Pirate Captains, Spotters, DBP). Furthermore in the current Meta we can see the effects. Greatswords has 2 bronze cards which are revived again and again and the rest is support. Alchemy basically revolves only around VW. NG handbuff with Spotters and Shields,

It might not be the biggest problem Gwent has, but I can clearly understand, why CDPR sees it as a problem.

Cdpr sees wrong again, the problem its not having 3vipers, its having 7 with ointment and triss.
Its their fault because they overpowered braindead bronzes. And nerfed cards that required skill like Shieldmaidens, Drowners, etc.
Instead of destroying gwent identity they should release more regular balance patches.:mad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom