Only Windows 10?

+
Only Windows 10?

Hi guys!

Can anyone answer any of these questions? I'd be very grateful!

1. Will Gwent only be available on Windows 10 for PC or will it be available on Windows 8.1 as well? I ask since you guys release with Xbone and they are super happy with Windows 10. [EDIT: People in the thread and I have since my post heard that Gwent will be available on Steam and therefore not require Win10 nor windows store]

2. Will I be able to purchase better cards in Gwent or do I only play to win cards? [EDIT: I have learned that CDPR is seriously looking into alternative ways to play and earn cards in a fun way without spending money. Unless you, like some of us, you want to spend money - that will be possible too in some fashion :)]

3. In Gwent, will the single player campaign feature cut-scenes and/or other ways to interact besides playing cards? I know it will feature a 3D map! That's cool! [EDIT: Already answered in another thread !]

/wrangman

Last edited:
1. Will Gwent only be available on Windows 10 for PC or will it be available on Windows 8.1 as well? I ask since you guys release with Xbone and they are super happy with Windows 10.
they never said only windows 10, even at the conference they just said pc. though pc isn't technically true, since it's just windows (for now)

2. Will I be able to purchase better cards in Gwent or do I only play to win cards?
in some way, yes. they mentioned it in the twitch gameplay, but didn't provide any specifics.

1. Will Gwent only be available on Windows 10 for PC or will it be available on Windows 8.1 as well? I ask since you guys release with Xbone and they are super happy with Windows 10.

2. Will I be able to purchase better cards in Gwent or do I only play to win cards?
1. No official confirmation yet but I doubt it will only be on Win 10, few earlier versions should still be able to run it unless it's because of DirectX. Cross play shouldn't be exclusive to Win 10? Anyway, isn't there a free upgrade offer from Win 8.1 to Win 10 from Microsoft or has that already expired?

2. Yes, you can buy cards with real world money (possibly from in-game currency too, unconfirmed) and you can also craft new cards in-game.

I can see you're concern regarding windows 10 particularly with all the "Xbox and Windows 10" exclusives at Microsoft's conference but I confirmed that it won't be exclusive to windows 10 and that it will be released on steam instead of the window store.

The game has been confirmed as having micro-transactions but to what extent is currently unknown there will obviously be card purchases but there might also be things like "card backs" but not of this has been confirmed.

they never said only windows 10, even at the conference they just said pc. though pc isn't technically true, since it's just windows (for now)

I know! :) But it is coming first to Xbone and Win, and since they revealed it at the Xbone conference, I was worried ! :) I doubt it will be exclusive to Win10. It doesn't make sense.

(...) Anyway, isn't there a free upgrade offer from Win 8.1 to Win 10 from Microsoft or has that already expired?

There might be still, but I never upgraded and even reseached the internet how to remove that infernal, persistant icon. Apparently, if you didn't remove it, Win10 automatically installed after a while for some. I'm happy I got it removed eventually. I don't want an OS until I know how it performs. I tested it on a laptop i previously owned and it completely ruined my experience. The mousepad stopped working etc... As we have seen, it's not working that well for anyone and there are few if any pros running win10. When they remove that forced surveillence (as they are going to), I might try it... later.

Thanks to you both for your answers/comments! :D

---------- Updated at 07:00 PM ----------

I can see you're concern regarding windows 10 particularly with all the "Xbox and Windows 10" exclusives at Microsoft's conference but I confirmed that it won't be exclusive to windows 10 and that it will be released on steam instead of the window store.

The game has been confirmed as having micro-transactions but to what extent is currently unknown there will obviously be card purchases but there might also be things like "card backs" but not of this has been confirmed.

Yes. I have since my post gotten more info and I too know this. But thanks so much for posting your findings! :D Appreciated! :) They also said that there has to be a fun and good way to play the game for free and get cards without spending a dime. i think they will pull it off! :D

Having said that, I don't mind spending real money on games I love. Based on what I've seen during E3 so far, I already love Gwent! I just wanted to know, if we're going to be stopped by a paywall of sorts...

Last edited:
Any confirmation on whether GWENT will have its own client or be available elsewhere other than Steam, like maybe GOG? Forcing 3rd party install just to play it is so unlike CDPR.

Any confirmation on whether GWENT will have its own client or be available elsewhere other than Steam, like maybe GOG? Forcing 3rd party install just to play it is so unlike CDPR.

Nope. The only confirmation I've gotten from this thread and official twitter is that it's going to be available on Steam. They said nothing about GOG, but I bet they will have it there too, since it's their own platform! :D

Last edited:
Nope. The only confirmation I've gotten from this thread and official twitter is Steam. They said nothing about GOG, but I bet they will have it there too, since it's their own platform! :D
No confirmation yet but I would assume both platforms like there previous games.
Yeah well, the only problem is that GOG has never supported games with in-game purchases so that's what got me wondering.

Yeah well, the only problem is that GOG has never supported games with in-game purchases so that's what got me wondering.

Didn't know that! I love CDPR and own all Witcher games, but since I bought W1 and W2 on Steam, I wanted W3 on Steam as well... Hmm... that complicates things. But hey, at least it will be available outside the Windows Store! :D

Even in the case that it isn't released on GOG you shouldn't be worried it could have a standalone download and if it doesn't steam is probably the best third party platform if you had to choose one anyway.

Even in the case that it isn't released on GOG you shouldn't be worried it could have a standalone download and if it doesn't steam is probably the best third party platform if you had to choose one anyway.

I think he was wondering since he might have W3 on GOG he wants consistency - like me :)! I don't want Gwent on the Windows Store since I have my other Witcher games on Steam.

Actually they confirmed Gwent being available on GOG. They said at their conference that the GOG team is working on whole online infrustructure and will be for any other CDPRED games with online futures.

As far as I understood eveything correctly from Gamescom, Pax, BSG and all other locations were intereviews were made:

BETA: GOG, XBOX1 (PS4 later)

Final Release: Additionally on Steam (the game itself probably still goes through gog, but you can buy the campaigns/packs via Steam).

Since it says "PC and XBOX1" for the Beta and not " on Windows 10 and XBOX1"(like Microsoft often does, when a game only works on Win10), I think it will run fine on win7,8 at least.

Actually they confirmed Gwent being available on GOG. They said at their conference that the GOG team is working on whole online infrustructure and will be for any other CDPRED games with online futures.
Yeah, these were asked back when Gwent was just announced. We actually had them all answered back then, that's why the last post was still in June.

Just a confirmation for whoever might still be wondering about this: "The Closed Beta will launch October 25th, 2016 for Xbox One & Windows 10 and will also be available on Windows 8.1/8/7, later to expand to PlayStation 4."

Top Bottom