Open #3 is coming this weekend!

+

This Saturday and Sunday, August 29-30th, we’re coming back with the third tournament of GWENT Masters Season 2! It will be held online and streamed live on our official Twitch and YouTube channels, starting at 4 PM CEST on both days.

As usual, we’ll see 8 of the top GWENT players compete for a spot in the Grand Finale of Season 2 – the World Masters tournament, and a share of the 10 000 USD base prize pool. Here’s the line-up:

Additionally, all players will receive an equal share of the community-funded prize pool, to which you can still contribute by purchasing the unique Frozen Bundle and Ice Pack! Both of them will be available only until Wednesday noon (August 26th, 12 PM CEST):

See you on the weekend!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Can someone please explain me this: Demarcation and Wangid already won previous Season 2 Opens, so they're qualified for Gwent Masters S2, correct? So how come they can still enter these Opens? I understand, they're still allowed to have a chance at the prize money.

But lets imagine the same player won every single Open - then there would only be a single player in the Masters, it wouldnt work. So, why this system?

guess if winner is allready qulified, the spot moves to the next in line aka finalist, semifinalist. like many other sports

Guest 4368268

Will definitely be tuning in. These guys are so good they really cannot afford to make any mistakes against each other.
It's always impressive to watch. I've played well over 10,000 games and I still make plenty of errors.

rrc

Forum veteran
Can someone please explain me this: Demarcation and Wangid already won previous Season 2 Opens, so they're qualified for Gwent Masters S2, correct? So how come they can still enter these Opens? I understand, they're still allowed to have a chance at the prize money.

But lets imagine the same player won every single Open - then there would only be a single player in the Masters, it wouldnt work. So, why this system?
That is when the Crown Points come into picture. Even if unique players win Open, there are only 4 players who get selected from Opens and the rest 4 are for having the maximum Crown Points. So, if Wangid and Demarcation keeps winning all the open, instead of 4 people from Crown Points system, 6 people will get selected from that pool.

For Gwent Masters 1, when Wangid was not able to participate, they chose an another player who was next in line with maximum Crown Points I believe.

DRK3

Forum veteran
That is when the Crown Points come into picture. Even if unique players win Open, there are only 4 players who get selected from Opens and the rest 4 are for having the maximum Crown Points. So, if Wangid and Demarcation keeps winning all the open, instead of 4 people from Crown Points system, 6 people will get selected from that pool.

For Gwent Masters 1, when Wangid was not able to participate, they chose an another player who was next in line with maximum Crown Points I believe.

But they still havent held Masters #1 right? It was delayed because of the pandemic, but not cancelled, as that would be very unfair to the participants, and also, it would suck if the very first of that type of events that is the biggest in Gwent, would simply be cancelled.

We are already far advanced in Season 2, if the dev team is not careful they will have Masters #1 and 2 very close, or even at the same time? :shrug:

Leeks incoming, too, according to Twitter. Pretty juice ones by the sound of it: an overview of upcoming changes.

Leeks incoming, too, according to Twitter. Pretty juice ones by the sound of it: an overview of upcoming changes.
Do you know if it's just the new leaders or a balance patch as well? I don't think just adding new leaders will be enough to fix the messy state of the game right now.

Am I blind or there is actually no Youtube stream? Why announce it if you are not going to make it happen?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I just came here to the PC and checked the stream, it was Demarcation vs some guy. At this hour, i assumed it was the last of the quartefinals, since the stream started 6 hours ago...

And its only halfway? are you serious? This is way too long for a tournament, assuming the other 2 match-ups take around the same time, its 12 hours, just for the quarterfinals. Gwent seriously needs to reassess the length of their matches, i dont know who would have the patience to stick watching the whole thing.

Does anyone know where to see all the players' decklists?

I don't plan to disrespect you, but why do you need these decks?...
Play ranked, or not ranked, doesn't matter and you'll see just these decks all over again and again with the same cards, game after game after game.

Does anyone know where to see all the players' decklists?
They are usually posted on the Gwent Masters Twitter page!
I don't plan to disrespect you, but why do you need these decks?...
Play ranked, or not ranked, doesn't matter and you'll see just these decks all over again and again with the same cards, game after game after game.
And with the upcoming balance update and the rework of some leader Skills some of those decks will probably soon be obsolete.

Guest 4368268

I checked in and out of the stream as one single game seemingly went on forever anyway, it was fun at times but reading the Twitch chat not so much :') A lot of clowns in there, I'll probably leave it at that.

But yeah, that took an extremely long time to wrap up and I don't see how you go about watching the entirety of it.
Excited to see Tailbot vs. Demarcation :beer:

9h 40min VOD from yesterday... would've been possible to get the 8-hour reward on day 1.
Well, yesterday and today, technically. Apparently the last series of matches started well after midnight CEST...

This is way too long for a tournament
Yeah. It really is.

Top Bottom