Open Beta General Feedback Thread

+
new gwent is so awesome.

I am very grateful to CDPR you make so amazing changes to the game .From your opponent's hand, opponent graveyard, opponent deck these changes make the game interactive greatly enhanced,I like the interactive so much.It's very interesting, because you not only need to pay attention to the own cards , you also need to weigh your opponent's cards.That's fun.I hope there will be more interactive cards later that can affect the opponents.You like this interaction too, right?Some of the previous deck(self colsing) in close beta almost no interaction, like promote and devour deck,just buff and buff.The new gwent has so much Interactivity and surprise.It's an interesting experience to influent opponent's card.

StrykerxS77x;n8606970 said:
I feel like the balance is still really off. Which isn't surprising considering they completely changed the game.....

I think it's ok.every faction is powerful...make all cards powerful is much better than nerf all cards.

By the way,I think Assire Var Anahid is too weak now.She's almost useless.Pls buff Assire Var Anahid.I think the PTR Assire Var Anahid is really good.

StrykerxS77x;n8606970 said:
I feel like the balance is still really off. Which isn't surprising considering they completely changed the game.....

I just said... it has a wierd vibe...thats for sure.
I think it's going to take a minute to grasp the changes
I haven't played but a couple casuals ...and a couple challenges..

but.yes very different it is

eillinggel;n8607000 said:
I think it's ok.every faction is powerful...make all cards powerful is much better than nerf all cards.

THIS. thank you.

I think the most telling thing will be win-rates, aggregated over many players and an extended period of time (to allow for new strategies to develop. sometimes it takes people a while to discover strategies). But, on the whole. I think it's better to be less nerf-happy. Powerful cards make for a more interesting game, and greater number of possible strategies. I think it's way too early to be calling for nerfs.

I think some of the factions, most notably Northern Realms, got reduced in it's competitiveness by a tremendous amount. Boy that previous sentence is a mess, can't help it, I been working all day since way early and I'm tired. But anyway yeah, Northern Realms really seems to have lost it's identity to me. And plus, was weather really so all powerful that it's very nature (pardon the pun) needed to be completely reduced and nerfed in to utter obscurity? Weather went from being a fairly devastating but manageable curve ball maneuver to a barely noticeable gimmick.

Also, do we really need to have mulligans every single round? Why was the Milf Guard ability the one faction ability that all factions now possess? I think there be balance issues afoot. Game is still fun though and the Milf Guard seems to be the most powerful faction but I could be wrong about that one.

eillinggel;n8607040 said:
By the way,I think Assire Var Anahid is too weak now.She's almost useless.Pls buff Assire Var Anahid.I think the PTR Assire Var Anahid is really good.

Try playing her with Stephan Skellen and Rainfarn, and tell me again she's weak. Gwent is a game of synergies.

i feel like a new born baby, re-learning new combo feels kinda nice. I decided to use monster and recreate my consume deck but from the kegs i open, i got a lot of Wild hunt, theres a bit iffy, but feels nice to try a different playstyle of monster. A shame weather made a huge change, but meh, i can live with it.

Disappointment and nonsense in public beta

It's obviously now that there are a lot of pointless and disappointing changes in a new public beta version. So far I've noticed that the Monsters and Northern Realms have suffered much from the stupid changes that have been introduced to the game. I don't know where did CDPR get all these "brilliant" ideas from, but definitely not from players... I suggest collecting in this topic everything that seems disappointing and to be nonsense in the public beta (for all factions).
P.S. Thank you CDPR, you've created a great game and then have spoiled the half of it (at least).
P.P.S. Huge, a really huge and unexpected disappointment.

In all honesty, I have to disagree with the points you've made.

CDPR -did- get these ideas from us players. People have been complaining about these things for months now - Monster's unfair advantage with weather, NR's overpowered promotion mechanic, and so on - and the changes in the public beta have finally dealt with a lot of those problems. As someone who mainly used NR throughout closed beta, I feel like the faction is a lot more balanced now than it was then.

Just because something is different, doesn't mean it's "nonsense" or "stupid". It's a new beta, and a new game, and I think it would probably be in everyone's best interests to give it a few days to get off the ground before devoting a topic to wantonly insulting it. At the very least, offer some constructive criticisms instead of just ridiculing the developers.

Last edited:
Alexandr-87;n8608200 said:
It's obviously now that there are a lot of pointless and disappointing changes in a new public beta version. So far I've noticed that the Monsters and Northern Realms have suffered much from the stupid changes that have been introduced to the game. I don't know where did CDPR get all these "brilliant" ideas from, but definitely not from players... I suggest collecting in this topic everything that seems disappointing and to be nonsense in the public beta (for all factions).
P.S. Thank you CDPR, you've created a great game and then have spoiled the half of it (at least).
P.P.S. Huge, a really huge and unexpected disappointment.
I bet you loved consume monster and henselt promote back in CB. Sorry now you have to actually think when playing your deck.

DMaster2;n8611560 said:
I bet you loved consume monster and henselt promote back in CB. Sorry now you have to actually think when playing your deck.

Probably this - 1.) its to early to decide 2.) first couple of games - you have actually to think what you do :p

After the last patch, NR was in no way OP. Even consume wasn't that great as long as you knew how to break their plans. SK and Nilf on the other hand, can waste everything away and was more versatile. NR now is pretty bad. Probably the poorest of all the factions.

Public Beta Feels Better Than The Closed Beta (Opinions?)

Been playing the public beta on PS4 cause frankly I gave up on the closed beta due to the drastic changes that took place.
I've enjoyed the public beta so far but maybe thats because I've been playing Nilfgaard? What do you guys think of the other decks? NR looks alien to me now lol.

NatoGreavesy;n8608520 said:
In all honesty, I have to disagree with the points you've made.

CDPR -did- get these ideas from us players. People have been complaining about these things for months now - Monster's unfair advantage with weather, NR's overpowered promotion mechanic, and so on - and the changes in the public beta have finally dealt with a lot of those problems. As someone who mainly used NR throughout closed beta, I feel like the faction is a lot more balanced now than it was then.

Just because something is different, doesn't mean it's "nonsense" or "stupid". It's a new beta, and a new game, and I think it would probably be in everyone's best interests to give it a few days to get off the ground before devoting a topic to wantonly insulting it. At the very least, offer some constructive criticisms instead of just ridiculing the developers.

This is why I like the Gwent community so much. In any other forums like heartstone or COD or Moba,people simple gonna insult you if you make a thread like that. But in Gwent forum we have really mature people who discuss gentle with you.

And yes I agree with what Nato said. Give it time! Monster are still pretty strong with dragon weather and NR combo are crazy. People will find new combos and decks to make things work. If not, its still beta and cards can be changed.

Top Bottom