Open Beta is here!

+
Am so excited ... I cant freaking wait ... another 700 mb to download .... Thanks Gwent community and developers

game is updated to 0.9.6,yet when i start the game it still says closed beta,and cant load inventory.am i doin something wrong??

So far I'm enjoying it, seems to stutter in menus, though.

Shoop troll was very kind to me, and I got some golds and loads of Epic silvers out of 60 kegs. Gotta count them later.

Won 2 games and lost 2 with custom Nilfgaard deck in casual. Not bad, not bad at all.

Gotta say, guys, not a big fan of the open beta. Been in the closed beta for months so this is quite a departure from that. I understand things need to change but this went overboard. Keep in mind that I'm not a hardcore player (lvl 22, rank 4) and that this is my first CCG. These are my issues right now.

1. There are just too many agile units, completely defeating the purpose of rows. It makes for a more varied gameplay, yes, but it also makes no sense to be able to put "melee" units on which ever row you want.

2. Being able to spawn any weather effect on any row really make any weather almost too easy to play. It now only spawns on the opponent's side, making your units safe. It also allows you to carry only a few weather cards, seeing as how you don't have to think ahead which row you want to affect. Just pick that frost and spawn it on the siege row. Which brings me to

3. Units being buffed by weather. Foglets and ancient foglets can now spawn on "clear" rows, as long as fog is spawned somewhere. Ancient foglets get buffed even if they're not sitting in fog.

Some really strange design choices in this patch. Having said that, I hope some of these things get fixes, seeing as how we're still in beta. Game's shaping up nicely, we just need more tweaks.

@snake_foxhounder

1: Agree, agile units should be scoia tael mostly.
2: Weather is kinda fine with how clear weather works now. granted i liked the old weather being on a specific row more.
3: This is fine.

I really dont get why Wild Hunt Riders get resilent when Monsters lose the round. Your creating the exact damn problem you did in closed CDPR with monsters having ridiculous carry overs for free.

Snake_Foxhounder;n8600050 said:
It now only spawns on the opponent's side, making your units safe.
yeah, I liked how there used to be some sort of trade off (unless you had immune units in your deck). Now, I dont really see the difference between this and Lacerate

Yep open beta is here just played my 1st 2 games after the closed beta - RUINED - I know a beta is a beta but game is completely different...card stats completely changed war cry no longer doubles strengths of all injured cards on my side - always enjoyed play skellige - leader card now only calls fourth one warrior etc...whats happened to the long boats....

Was really enjoying the closed beta....wont be buying now after 2 rounds im bored, before felt competitive and fun, i won the 1st game, lost the 2nd but wasn't even competitive, and against a pioneer like myself, so obvious both of us struggled with the changes.too many changes from one to the next don't like it...just my 2 cents for what their worth.

put the balances back and change skellige leader and war cry back -0 and give me back my long boats...
Weather cards now only effect one side of the field WTF - was all abt strategy....

Just ruined, seriously ruined....

Top Bottom