Open Beta Leaders are "Spawn"ed.

+
Open Beta Leaders are "Spawn"ed.

They are Gold, and technically immune to things like Savage Bear and Dandelion anyway, and Monster passive is gone, but I wonder if there is a significance in the choice of deployment for them. Was there something I missed from the Twitch Stream that otherwise differentiated "Spawn" from "Play"?

I believe they just made it so for consistency; played implying it was directly played from hand or mustered from deck (a card you include), spawned implying it is a token or arriving into play from a source outside hand or deck.

I think giving them a body makes it easier to balance if some leader's abilities are a bit stronger or weaker then others.

Hmmm, players can't choose spawned unit's position on the row. Not sure if devs intended leaders this way.

There are four ways of cards appearing on the board:
  1. When you play a card from your hand.
  2. When you summon a card (keyword: Summon) – meaning it will be pulled from your deck. If you don’t have that card, summon does nothing.

Example: Wild Hunt Hound will summon the Biting Frost from your deck.

3. When you spawn a card (keyword: Spawn) – meaning a card will appear, it will be created. Leaders are spawned because they are NOT in the deck.

Example: Fire Elemental will spawn 3 Lesser Fire Elementals.

4. When you use an ability that allows you to move cards between locations (from graveyard to the board etc.)

I hope I cleared that up for you. ;)

Dominika.Skubida;n8581380 said:
There are four ways of cards appearing on the board:
  1. When you play a card from your hand.
  2. When you summon a card (keyword: Summon) – meaning it will be pulled from your deck. If you don’t have that card, summon does nothing.

Example: Wild Hunt Hound will summon the Biting Frost from your deck.

3. When you spawn a card (keyword: Spawn) – meaning a card will appear, it will be created. Leaders are spawned because they are NOT in the deck.

Example: Fire Elemental will spawn 3 Lesser Fire Elementals.

4. When you use an ability that allows you to move cards between locations (from graveyard to the board etc.)

I hope I cleared that up for you. ;)

Sound explanation! Thanks for clearing it up. Was hoping there might be a hidden dynamic I was missing, but it looks pretty straightforward!

Top Bottom