Open Beta on Android - Tests for New Patching Method

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello everyone!

The GWENT team has been working on a new delta-patching method for Android! The overall goal is to reduce the sizes of updates moving forward and to introduce in-client downloads and updating.

Before we introduce this feature with update 6.2 we would like to ask for your help in testing it. To do this we started an open beta on Google Play!

Instructions:
- In order to join you have to download (full game download) a new GWENT client here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.cdprojektred.gwent
- Later today we'll do a patch, which you'll need to download. Please let us know in this thread how much data you have downloaded and if the process went smoothly.
- Tomorrow we'll issue another update and would ask you to do the same, also in this thread.

Thank you for helping us make GWENT patching a better and smoother process!

Cheers!

Google play us store.
612 mb from store
2373 mb in the app
Samsung galaxy 8

No problems noticed this far... I'm in the app now.

First from play store it was about 85Mb and after I download around 2.3GB in the app. It took a while and I was doing other things while the app was opened and downloading data. When I accessed again, it was about 97% and I got an error message. But still the download was concluded after pressing ok and the game runned as expected apparently.

Just got a second update of 700 mb for Gwentsday that took 4 minutes to download. No issues, it finished uploading while phone was in rest mode.

P.s. in addition to facebook and twitter links, co UK ld you add a direct link to the official forums that doesn't require me to login everytime... (as the link from the announcements page currently does.)

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
We're closing the Open Beta! Thank you all for participating and helping us out with the data! This updating feature will go live with the next update 6.2!

Top Bottom