Open Beta Reset

+
Open Beta Reset

How do y'all feel about them resetting your decks and rank when the closed beta ends? They do refund kegs you spent money on and give rewards based on level and rank once the open beta starts but it's still sort of annoying considering how much time I spent on my decks aha (and the lucky pulls I've gotten from kegs)

Just take it as practice for the real deal. Unlike newbies you'll know what to craft once you hit open beta (i will go nilfgaard for sure if devs don't murder the faction before open beta).

Tetriarch3;n8023480 said:
it's still sort of annoying considering how much time I spent on my decks

Don´t get me wrong, but you did willingly join Closed Beta of the game so you can play in advance and so you can participate in the game´s testing and development to some extent.

I would go even so far to say the invitation to Closed Beta IS the reward and CDPR didn´t really have to promise any rewards above that. But they did and I personally see it as very generous proposition, 2 kegs for every 5 levels after level 5 and 2 kegs for every rank in addition to all the kegs you purchased of course.

The time you decided to spent on the game in Closed Beta wasn´t supposed to be an investment so you have more and better cards and decks then those who will join in Open Beta or on release date (even though it partially is thanks to all those Closed Beta rewards) .

So, to your question.. Yeah, I do feel fine about the upcoming wipe :D

Btw, if you are interested, here is a part of the Terms of Agreement for GWENT. So it was stated from the very beginning that it may happen.
"4.1 Between closed beta and open beta, we may perform one or more complete server/progress reset(s). After the reset, your user account will likely go back to its starting state (subject to any amendments we might make as part of the beta). Any Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency (defined below) which you purchased prior to such a reset will at our discretion either be transferred across or we will reimburse you with equivalent Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency. No cash refunds will be provided in connection with any reset."

Oh yeah obviously I'm fine with it, this post was just to see other people's opinion of it. I do have to mentally prepare myself for losing the caretaker and kayran I pulled from kegs though but yea going for a mad monster consume deck (that whilst I haven't fully completed on CB yet) I know I'll manage once the games open to all.

Tetriarch3;n8024850 said:
Anyone know when the wipe will be by any chance btw?
Other than "as we transition to open beta" no date has been given.

The hours I already spent playing -for free- are a good reward already.

If I found the beta or the game boring, I would have stopped with no penalties.

Perfectly fine with the wipe.

the wipe is fair to everryone.the rewards we get for participating in the closed beta is more than fair,since they werent really obliged to give us anything.so,yeah,looking forward to the open beta :).

There is an "easy" solution to this problem: Just act as if you didnt get access to the full game yet but you can play some fun matches here and there (kinda like a demo if you want).
Or if you still want some progress just do the first tier everyday, that way you dont "waste" too much time while still getting 5 cards everyday.

I'd like to know also if we will be reimbursed for any real money spends? Whether we're in favour of a wipe or not [I like the idea] - I'd still like to know this for sure. I don't mind buying a few keg packs here and there if I know I'll at least get the same amount of kegs back in open Beta. I'm sure I read somewhere that was the case? And we'll also get a certain amount of kegs per level acquired up to that time

Cagey75;n8026200 said:
I'd like to know also if we will be reimbursed for any real money spends? Whether we're in favour of a wipe or not [I like the idea] - I'd still like to know this for sure. I don't mind buying a few keg packs here and there if I know I'll at least get the same amount of kegs back in open Beta. I'm sure I read somewhere that was the case? And we'll also get a certain amount of kegs per level acquired up to that time

You will get new Kegs for all the money you've spent and Kegs for your player levels and ranking.

Having been on the closed beta on XBOX since the begining and having received a key for the PC version after the latest patch. I can tell you reverting back to almost no cards is quite an experience. You have to readjust your thinking and strategies with the limites cards available. IT is part fo the fun of having your decks wiped

Cagey75;n8026200 said:
4RM3D;n8026270 said:
You will get new Kegs for all the money you've spent and Kegs for your player levels and ranking.
Yeah you will get back the same number of kegs you purchased after the wipe. From https://www.playgwent.com/en/faq:

What will happen with the items I purchased during the Beta? Will I get to keep them after the game goes out of Beta? Should any progress resets happen, we will return you the number of Card Kegs you purchased using real-world currency.

They also announced the specific rewards here - https://www.playgwent.com/en/news#4560.

Here’s what you’ll get:
  • Every Card Keg you purchased — we will return you the amount of Kegs you bought with real money.
  • Card Kegs for Player Levels — starting from level 5, you get 2 Kegs every 5 levels.
  • Card Kegs for your rank — 2 Kegs for each rank.
  • All end-season rewards.
  • All items granted as gifts from CD PROJEKT RED (like the gift premium Geralt card).

AH, good to know. By then will know precisely what I want to craft, for now I just want to grab some kegs and experiment :)

if there's one thing I'll lament, it's those few lucky kegs with my absolute must-have legendary all gift-wrapped...
but I actually like the idea of starting over, completely blank slate. (I'm one of those people who will finish an RPG with one class, and immediately start a new game with another, or even with the same class, refining my previous character)

ArianeGrosmont;n8027190 said:
if there's one thing I'll lament, it's those few lucky kegs with my absolute must-have legendary all gift-wrapped...
but I actually like the idea of starting over, completely blank slate. (I'm one of those people who will finish an RPG with one class, and immediately start a new game with another, or even with the same class, refining my previous character)

Yeah I got a few nice legends from kegs to date, just 2 that I would re-craft though so not a huge deal. I have had more stinky kegs than good ones for sure, so it's nice we'll get another chance with them in that sense

Top Bottom