Open Kegs now or later?

+
Hello

I played for a while and emassed about 1k of ore and 25kegs.
However I'm afraid to open them because everything will be milled when Homecoming starts.
On the other hand I read somewhere that when they are milled you get the full scraps i.e the amount it costs to craft them.

So if that is the case, wouldn't it be most rewarding to open all kegs now and get all those scraps during homecoming instead of opening during homecoming and only get the reduced scraps for obsolete cards?

Hello

I played for a while and emassed about 1k of ore and 25kegs.
However I'm afraid to open them because everything will be milled when Homecoming starts.
On the other hand I read somewhere that when they are milled you get the full scraps i.e the amount it costs to craft them.

So if that is the case, wouldn't it be most rewarding to open all kegs now and get all those scraps during homecoming instead of opening during homecoming and only get the reduced scraps for obsolete cards?

I would wait, maybe we get a Premium Keg Weekend. If not, open the kegs before Homecoming for full scrap value. I have ca. 100 Kegs and I hope for a Premium Weekend.

The last one was epic guaranteed so maybe there's gonna be a Premium Legendary guaranteed weekend before HC.
So Later, i guess.

Last edited:
Yes, it's pretty likely that there will be another keg event sooner or later, no matter if it's before or after homecoming. You'll definitely get more value from that. If you don't really need new cards, it's best to leave it for now.

... no matter if it's before or after homecoming.

Actually, IMHO it's does matter, if you open keg before HC you get full scraps which mean a card of your choice (same rarity),
after it's just a random card.
The point is: save all your kegs, only to open during an event, and if there is no event just open all your kegs a day before HC so you gonna get cards of your choice instead of random card after HC. Unless the Premium Legendary guaranteed weekend come after HC.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
OK, thanks guys.
Premium legendary weekend?
Does that mean that there will be a gold card in every Keg?
That just seems way over the top to me when until now I have drawn about 5gold cards since the beginning of playing this game.

And also even getting the full scraps of each card when HC hits is a bit utopian to me.
Maybe I'm too suspicious but there might be some limit to the total scraps you get on HC release from milled cards.
Otherwise people would get nearly all cards that are there on the first day or not?
I hope I'm wrong of course.
I'm just a bit afraid to do something wrong and waste precious kegs and scraps.
It took me a lot of work to get the needed cards for just one deck.

Not premiums though.
By "i told you so" here, i mean the idea about a Legendary guaranteed event before HC
I posted a comment about a Legendary guaranteed weekend before HC in the "Get your epic card!" topic on Aug 23, 2018.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/get-your-epic-cards.10980035/page-2#post-11089958
Will there be a Legendary guaranteed weekend before HC?

But still, you're right "not premiums", and also "not weekend" either.

Last edited:
By "i told you so" here, i mean the idea about a Legendary guaranteed event before HC
I posted a comment about a Legendary guaranteed weekend before HC in the "Get your epic card!" topic on Aug 23, 2018.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/get-your-epic-cards.10980035/page-2#post-11089958

But still, you're right "not premiums", and also "not weekend" either.

Dude I never would have guessed they would give away a legendary card in every keg. Not for a weekend, day, or even an hour.

IMHO - You should open all Kegs before HC.... Oh, BTW Thank You CDPR for their generosity yesterday with the Surprise 24 Hour Keg Special - Legendary in every keg.... Bring On Homecoming! My Guess it will be released on All Hallows Eve 31 Oct 2018

Nah, i dont need free stuff anymore, stop fooling us with gifts cdpr, make gwent great again.
😠

Guest 4322057

OK, thanks guys.
Premium legendary weekend?
Does that mean that there will be a gold card in every Keg?
That just seems way over the top to me when until now I have drawn about 5gold cards since the beginning of playing this game.

And also even getting the full scraps of each card when HC hits is a bit utopian to me.
Maybe I'm too suspicious but there might be some limit to the total scraps you get on HC release from milled cards.
Otherwise people would get nearly all cards that are there on the first day or not?
I hope I'm wrong of course.
I'm just a bit afraid to do something wrong and waste precious kegs and scraps.
It took me a lot of work to get the needed cards for just one deck.
Why would you be suspicious of that? Obviously if people already have a full collection it’s only fair they should have it after Homecoming too. That’s a ridiculous fear.

I almost had seizures opening the kegs. Seemed crazy after 2 years of streaky luck to get so many golds cards. Not only that but 1/3 or more were premium.

Top Bottom