This game is incredible. I haven't had this feeling of starting a quest at 8pm, thinking you'll play just for two more hours, and ending up playing till 4 in the morning because you're driven by the story, since maybe Baldurs Gate II.
And since Baldurs Gate II was my all time RPG reference, that's saying something.
No, thank you CDPR for always staying true to the dreams, the work, and the gamers and customers. No other dev studio I know shower their games with so much love and detail, and likewise us gamers. Because we receive that love as well, with all that you do for us. Hopefully others may watch and learn how the business is supposed to be.
So thank you devs! The legacy you've built is quite a feat and I'm honoured that so many things I've asked about, or wished for, were actually implemented in the game. Many thanks! :unworthy:
@Marcin Momot, as always, please spread the word and the love to the rest of the team. :happy:
Congrats to you all! It's great to hear the game has been a success after so much hard work and that so many people have been enjoying it (I know I have been). Hopefully you guys get some well deserved rest now! Can't wait to see what the next step will be with the expansions and eventually, Cyberpunk 2077.
CD Projekt Red you deserve all the credit.
I can only share a bit of my story as a consumer so I hope this inspires you all to continue on this path.
I've bought and played the first Witcher games back in the day, Both great games that helped push CD Projekt. But as a consumer what I remember the most is how well the company treated their clients. You gained my trust back in those days and showed that your leaders understand where we all come from.
So fast forward to 2015.
I don't really care much about collector edition boxes. I play on PC and most of the games I buy, I buy them online.
But CD Projekt Red always sold their games at a fair value. Always provided great support. Always showed that they wanted to build a long standing relation with their consumers.
So what did I do?
I bought the collectors edition for Xbox One just to support the company. I bought the GOG version. I bought other products like The World Of The Witcher.
The Xbox One box is closed. I'm not using it. Nor am I going to sell it. I just wanted to support you guys for :
- Selling your games at fair price
- Being old school. Creating expansions that are actually worth the price. And not selling small DLC.
- For doing a great job supporting the consumer. Understanding that fighting piracy is about providing value. Not using DRM.
- And for being honest aboutyour games. Unlike many other companies you were showing 35 minutes demos of the game to the press last year. You were giving the press free reign to try the game see how it was doing.
- For not being afraid to allow game reviews before the game release even though we all know that we never know how things can turn out.
- For letting your developers speak instead of using the typical PR guy that says the same lines over and over again.
I really hope that The Witcher 3 success allows the amazing people at CD Projekt Red to buy their dream house. Create the stuff they want (even if its not in any way related to The Witcher games).
Thing is, as long as your company continues to be great with their consumers I can assure you that I will continue to trow money your way.
By the way. I already finished the game story. As a game this is a classic. But your team did not just create a classic. As someone that has read the books, it is unbelievable how true to Andrzej Sapkowski work the game is.
- Exciting combat, really enjoyabe
- AWESOME music, as in the best I have heard in a video game, so athmospheric :3
- Story is a real tearjerker :´) ps: Though a bit shallow in the latter parts, but still good and would be really awesome if an EE came along and filled in some of the gaps... Oh, and love the reasonable and balanced political enviroment
- Amazing enviroments and the art direction... Glorious, just glorious
First time I have had the opportinity to say what I overall think of the game - this is as good a time and place as it gets
Well, based on the 130 hours (and counting) I've spent with the game, you deserve all the praise and sales. Even with its technical issues right now it's a landmark game that other RPG developers must now look up to. Can't wait for the expansions!
Congratulations, CDPR, not only you guys/gals managed to achieve one of the most difficult games to make, but you thrashed every goddamn game out there in the process, despite the game needing a bit more content in the final act, this is hands down the best game I have ever played, congratulations, CDPR, you deserve every goddamn praise you get and more.
Truly a masterpiece, been hooked since day1. 150hr in and still not done, I do everything as ineffeciently as possible. I almost never run anywhere. First time I haven't been bored walking around a map.
Well deserved 4 million copies, congratulations CDPR. The Witcher 3 is really a masterpiece.
Thank you for giving us such a game experience, oh and yeah thank you for butchering
the rest of my social life with that
This is my first time ever even bothering to 1) read forums 2) register to comment something, but here it goes now!
Congratulations to you guys! You made a masterpiece with this game, and hope your sales go even higher. This was one of the few games I really enjoyed after so many years of crappy RPG titles and weak/poor story driven attempts. This game is one of my all time favorites now, in line with Baldur's Gate 2.