Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński -- co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED

+
Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński -- co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED

Dear Gamers,

May 19th was a crucial date for all of us here at CD PROJEKT RED -- we released The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, our open world role-playing game that we had been hard at work on for over 3 years. Since day one, you have given us tons of positive feedback and support -- the sheer volume of emails we’ve gotten since launch simply congratulating us for our efforts is both epic and heartwarming, and I wish every developer comes to have such a fantastic community. In terms of media reception, we’re really humbled by the scores the game has received all around the world. With an average of 90+ on every platform, Wild Hunt is our dream coming true.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the four million gamers worldwide who bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the first two weeks from launch. Four million RPG fans spending their hard-earned money on our game is a sign that we did something right, and you can be sure that we’ll harness all that positive energy and make the upcoming expansions worthy of the grand adventure that you’re telling us Wild Hunt already is! Until then, keep on enjoying Wild Hunt, do not forget to grab your weekly set of free DLCs, and stay tuned for constant updates and enhancement to the game we are continuously working on.

Dandelion once said to Geralt that the world is changing, the sun is setting, and vodka’s running out -- go, play, and have fun!

All the best,

Marcin Iwiński

Co-founder, CD PROJEKT RED​

You guys are simply awesome! Exactly what the gaming industry needed so badly when most game companies become so arrogant and puffed up about their own achievements, which now pales in comparison to what you have achieved with The Witcher: Wild Hunt.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Simply awesome. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of people. CONGRATULATIONS! You guys and gals sooooooo deserve all the accolades you get.

Well deserved, the witcher 3 is a masterpiece. I'm sure that in 2020 witcher 3 is going to be included in majority of "best games of last decade" lists.

Now use the money from witcher 3 to make Cyberpunk 2077 even better :cheers:

Not only people that bought the game in the first two weeks, but also the ones thar pre-ordered more than a year ago, like me. Of course you deserved it. Great job!!! Congratulations!!!!

Thanks for the hard, passionate work CDPR, you deserve those 4 million. This is Game of the Year without a doubt in my mind, despite the very few shortcomings people complain about. Can't wait for those expansions, DLC, and future game updates so I can keep playing through this master crafted game several times. Just finished my second playthrough on Death March! <3

Last edited:
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yes, well deserved for an awesome game. One of the very few games I gladly purchased it at full price on release.

Gz on the 4M sales achievement, but please keep efforts on patching: especially regarding Geralt's SKILLS.

Almost all of them are bugged, sometimes cartoonishly (take for instance the light armor school skill who incorectly buffs strong attacks instead of light, many skills are like this...), virtually 75% of them don't work or don't do what they are supposed to (alchemy & combat tree). It's a hard sale for a rpg.. (especially since every other aspect in the game is really polished).

On a side note, I'm curious if this tremendous success will prompt Andrzej Sapkowski to give a few words of praise to CDRP in the polish media, especially given the attention this books are getting in the West consequently.
I'm myself a poster example of this: I stopped midway in my playthrough to read all 5 novels translated in French before finishing cause I loved the setting and characters and really wanted to enjoy the 'past' stories of the characters to the fullest instead of just references in the game.

And that's just two weeks. Damn.

Keep up the amazing work guys! Companies like you... give me hope!

---------- Updated at 01:04 PM ----------

On a side note, I'm curious if this tremendous success will prompt Andrzej Sapkowski to give a few words of praise to CDRP in the polish media, especially given the attention this books are getting in the West consequently.
I'm myself a poster example of this: I stopped midway in my playthrough to read all 5 novels translated in French before finishing cause I loved the setting and characters and really wanted to enjoy the 'past' stories of the characters to the fullest instead of just references in the game.

I'd also love to see that! Although we all know Mr. Sapkowski's opinion on games as a story-telling medium, I'd be pretty curious in what he has to say about this. :)

:')
Thank YOU folks!
And I hope Marcin Iwiński comes again to Mumbai soon, this time I'll meet him and give him a bro-hug

Congrazts ofcourse, but I can't help, but ask - is that good ? Very good ? Amazing ?
How it sells compared to other AAA games ?

Not only people that bought the game in the first two weeks, but also the ones thar pre-ordered more than a year ago, like me. Of course you deserved it. Great job!!! Congratulations!!!!

Yes, I had pre-ordered it both on gog and steam last september when it started. This just shows how much we love and trust you, CDP.

Top Bottom