Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Open Letter from Marcin Iwiński

Hey everyone!

As I hope many of you have heard, CD PROJEKT RED announced GWENT: The Witcher Card Game at this year’s E3. Aside from the fact that we were finally able to shout out that we’re working on an awesome game, this was a special moment for us because of one more thing -- we could say THANKS to a very special group of people who made GWENT possible: you.

Please allow me to say that one more time: I would like to thank all Wild Hunt / GWENT fans for supercharging us to make GWENT: The Witcher Card Game happen. Supercharging is a pretty good word, because the flood of emails, calls, forum posts, and everything else was simply crazy. There was a moment that literally everything was beeping, buzzing, vibrating and otherwise communicating one idea: GWENT or nothing. I mean, over 40 fan-made versions of GWENT were created, people printed their own cards, made real wooden playing boards -- positive madness.

So, here we are. We’ve taken all that heart and energy you gave us and put it into GWENT. If you enjoyed it in Wild Hunt, I think I don’t have to convince you to sign up for the upcoming beta (it starts in September for PC and Xbox One, PlayStation 4 will join the battlefield a bit later), but if you never tried the game, there’s no better time -- go to playgwent.com and sign up. When it launches, play it and tell us what you like and what you don’t like; tell us what we should change and improve. You wanted us to make the game, now we’re kindly asking you to help us make it truly yours.

Thank you one more time!

Cheers,
Marcin Iwiński,
Co-founder of CD PROJEKT

Thank you so much for your incredible devotion to and appreciation for your fans. It's so rare these days, and it's why we are so passionate about your games. Personally, I bought 3 copies of Witcher 3 (GOG, Steam, and physical) and couldn't be more happy about that. Thank you for all you do, and I look forward to many more years of CDPR greatness. :)

Can't wait to play it :) I'm really hyped about those campaings, when will we hear more about those?

No, thank YOU folks so much! :) For listening to us, that is. I repeat this on subjects like this a lot, but, please don't change.

I love how open letters to community are a recurring theme in CDPR. I miss those hidden messages in trailers though.
Well, we should thank each other for spreading the Gwent love.
Gwent is lyfe, Gwent is love.

I too want to thank CDPR for, once again, listening to the fans and making Gwent: The Witcher Card Game. I can't wait for it and, if CDPR is as talented in making digital card games as it is in making open-world RPGs, then we're in for a real treat.

How far would you say you are into development? I hope we see more of the game soon. :)

P.S: We want more physical editions of the cards!

How can you be thanking us when you pretty much gave us the ingame card game for free? The dlcs are cheaper than any other brand I can name and the game itself could easily be priced way above any other piece of shit such as CoD which is dirt compared with even Witcher 1. The only thing left now is for the real life card game to become more available which I would easily pour money into (aswell as the video game).

I have question about BETA.
The beta will start at the beginning or in the second half of September?
Can you say it or you guys still not sure about the exact date?

Just can't wait to play it, so beginning and last week of September is big difference for me :)

Top Bottom