Open PTR feedback

+
Back again with my conclusions on Homecoming after around 24 hours playing it.

A lot of people have already talked extensively about all the good things (art, coinflip fix, deckbuilder, etc) so I won’t spend any time on them. I also won’t mention gameplay issues due to bugs, wrong voice lines and the horrendous, awfully loud snow storm sounds wild hunt units make when entering the board. Finally, I will not mention issues related to balance of cards as I believe that it is, for now, with barely 24 hours on the game, impossible to make good comments on.

What I will focus on are what I think are the biggest problems I have with the current version of Homecoming.It is naturally my opinion and if someone thinks differently, then please share your opinion as well, any criticism can help right now.

On a purely visual level :

• The whole game is a tad too dark. I don’t mean that the colors need to be more vibrant but that the luminosity and contrasts should get turned up a little bit.

• During the enemy’s turn the camera moves to focus on the board, reducing your view of your own hand by 50%. While I don’t think it is a BIG issue, I believe that it should be changed so that the player can move the camera the way they want with, for example, the mouse’s wheel. I found myself trying to scroll down to look at my hand a couple times, wanting to get a good look at my hand while I was waiting for the enemy to play. I think that what I said would be a welcomed quality of life change.

• I think that ordering categories buttons for “artifacts”, “special cards” and “units” should be added to the deck builder. It’d make some researches for a certain type of card quicker and easier.

On a gameplay level :

• I think that “ZZZ” engines are too easy to kill. The only reason as to why some manage to stick to the board right now, is because you’ve been lucky enough to face a deck without removal.

• Some card descriptions are more than unclear, sometime missing words (I am conscious that this probably is already being fixed but I had to mention it).

• Rows STILL don’t matter, or at least not enough. Now maybe that was an expected comment that can only be answered in time once we start seeing some kind of balance and meta in the game, I don’t know. I think that whoever is in charge of card effects at CDPR shouldn’t be afraid to add row restrictions here or there. It's also open more “movement” possibilities. The movement archetype right now does practically nothing but if all engines end up having some kind of row limitations, then movement becomes a good counter for engines heavy decks as just by changing the row on which an engine is, you either stop or change its power.

• In homecoming we have more archetypes than we used to in old gwent. Skellige : Bloodthirst, Discard, Self wound, and maybe pirates. Scoia’tael : Traps, Dryads, Dwarves, Elves, and maybe movement. Northern Realms : Charge, Zeal, machines and maybe specters. Nilfgaard : Reveal, Wichers, Tactic and maybe Spies. Monsters : Deathwish, Consume, Immunity (?), Wild hunt and maybe Thrive. I am very excited about how all these new archetypes but it is obvious that all of those where I used “maybe” just “aren’t quite there yet”. There are too few dryads, pirates, specters, spies or thriving units for these archetypes to really be a thing despite having interesting mechanics. Now that may be because CDPR is expecting to release new cards for these archetypes in the future but for now some cards have very little synergy with others and that is kind of a problem.

• The game, as many have said, is too slow. It feels like actions take forever to happen, leaders’ charged abilities’ animations are way too slow and feel unresponsive. And there is the “end turn” button as well which participates in making a round last forever. If CDPR sped up the overall game animations by let’s say 20% or something, the game would feel way more dynamic but for now I feel like I’m playing in slow motion. I also think that at the end of your turn, once you’ve played everything you could play, a window should pop up and ask you directly if you want to end your turn or not, so that the player never forgets to press “end turn”.

• And finally, last but not the least, the handsize limit. I’m not against a hand limit and 3 draws per round in itself but in facts, the way it translates is : Player A uses big tempo and passes after 3 turns. Player B catches up at their own pace, before winning R1 3 cards down. R2, each player draw 3 cards and player A ends up with 10 cards while player B has only 7 and can easily dry pass. So player A now has to play 3 cards to free spots in his hand for the cards that he will draw next turn. While the coinflip was a problem in itself and the card advantage was, in my opinion, TOO important in old gwent, the current situation is just as bad because “getting a good pass” isn’t really a thing anymore and the game feels overall less complex when it comes to its management as a whole. Per round the complexity of the game rose while the match’s complexity decreased which gives a very weird tempo to the game and it’s, I think, the main reason why so many people got disappointed in homecoming.

That’s it, I think I’ve summarised most of the things I have to complain about about homecoming after 24 hours of PTR. Don’t get me wrong though, I think homecoming is really good and I’m really excited to see how this game is going to evolve but for now, it is a work in progress and IT SHOWS. I think it’s perfectly normal and that time will fix most of the things that are currently going wrong.

To you fellow, unhappy players, please consider being patient. CDPR made a whole new game in 6 months, half the time such game would demand under other circumstances so OF COURSE it wasn’t going to be perfect from the start, and especially not in PTR. give homecoming its last weeks of preparations and a couple months of life before condemning it. I’m certain that all of our complaints will be heard and answered in amazing ways.

Last edited:
Been playing the PTR all weekend. Here's my suggestions/feedback.

Some cards, like Crach and Brokvar Hunter, say they can target enemies but also seem to target allies. If this is intentional, it would be great to see their text changed to "damage a unit".

I love the 3D models, but I miss hearing both leaders saying something in the pre-game load screen (only your leader will say something, at least that was my experience).

We are all guilty of "auto-piloting" at times and I've played a unit in the wrong row more times than I care to remember. With key cards like Seltkirk and Keira Metz having abilities that are tied to specific rows, it would be nice to have a ranged or melee symbol on their card art for a swift and correct placement.

Not going to list too much into balancing as I know others are, but here are two things that really stick out for me:

- Sihil, this card feels too strong. Even with all the ways to combat Artefacts, Sihil still reminds me too much of live Imlerith: Sabbath. When it can't be answered, it almost always wins you the round. Perhaps a damage cap is needed?

- Nothern Realms: I'm loving Zeal, Order and Charge mechanics but this faction can sometimes struggle to keep core cards on the board. Have you experimented with armor at all? Once the meta settles and there isn't as much removal, this could very well write itself off but still thought I'd mention it. I love the Adda/Hubert combo.

Hope this can help. Good luck with the final stages.

Alex "sprackles" Sprackling

The handsize limit is terrible for gameplay. It has made round 1 less valuable you basically just throw out your worst cards. And if for some reason your opponent decides he wants to keep the rest of his cards and passes, you still throw out 2-3 cards for no reason except for the fact your hand is limited.

Additionally, tactical advantage, isn't useful in current gwent as once again, handsize (and spy removal) solved the coinflip by removing the aspect of cardadvantage. And if it stays in the game 5 points is way too much.

Disagree about the 1st round irrelevance for several reasons:

i) Having the last saying in the 3rd round can mean free win or autolose otherwise.
ii) Let's assume your opponent passes when both you and your rival have spent 3 cards. You're losing by quite a few points. Then, you decide to spend 3 cards to win the round. Then, in the 2nd round you've got 7 cards and your rival has 10. You are forced to pass not to lose CA, no matter the hand you have (there can be exceptions if you have Ciri: Dash or Ciri), whereas your rival can play up to 3 crap cards and then get a much better hand for the final round.
iii) If you've got some thinning elements (old silver witchers, wild hunt knights, some tutors...) you want to spend some of them in the 1st round not to brick your hand.
iv) Let's assume your rival has spent 3 good cards and you 3 crap cards in the 1st round. Then you pass. Then your opponent can bleed you as much as she/he wants.

Last edited:
As I say below, one has to build a deck around 2 or 3 archetypes (in my case, an Arachas Queen deck with swarm+consume+a little bit of deathwish), which, in my opinion, is cool.
You call it an archetype, if you have to(!) mix it with 2 other archetypes(?) I think you just found a good or interessting combo, thats all. Archetypes should mostly work for their own, max 1-3 cards of other archetypes including. That's what the name stands for.

We should be able to lock ambush/trap cards if we have lock tech in our deck. It really dumbs down the experience when I cannot target or disable a trap or ambush card and simply have to eat the shots no matter what. I also don't understand why some games I can only mulligan one card, while others I can mulligan two. If I switch to a different deck I can mulligan up to four; this makes no sense to me. We also need a display counter on the amount of cards left in our deck so that we don't overthin or get milled.

Ihuarraquax - summon Tibor and nullify the opponent's highest provision cost unit's ability seems really OP

We should be able to lock ambush/trap cards if we have lock tech in our deck. It really dumbs down the experience when I cannot target or disable a trap or ambush card and simply have to eat the shots no matter what. I also don't understand why some games I can only mulligan one card, while others I can mulligan two. If I switch to a different deck I can mulligan up to four; this makes no sense to me. We also need a display counter on the amount of cards left in our deck so that we don't overthin or get milled.

Traps are artifacts, so you can destroy them with the Battering Ram, Nithral, etc.

after passing a round i cannot activate orders, and also if i activate an order i cannot pass. I think it is intended but it feels unnatural given all the new mechanics. It falls in the same category as turn-end effects not triggering when you pass after the opponent which is also counter-intuitive.

You call it an archetype, if you have to(!) mix it with 2 other archetypes(?) I think you just found a good or interessting combo, thats all. Archetypes should mostly work for their own, max 1-3 cards of other archetypes including. That's what the name stands for.

Well, it's a matter of definition, so we can say "type of mechanics" if you want. Thus, I mean decks are built around two or three different mechanics, which, I insist, I think it's a pretty cool idea.

Traps are artifacts, so you can destroy them with the Battering Ram, Nithral, etc.

Looks like I might have to add the White Frost card to my deck, thank you for the information, I still would have hoped that locks worked on artifacts as well. Nothing is more frustrating than having three locks in your hand while a Sihil is on the board.

Cannot add Cahir into my nilfgaardian deck. The game says that I do not have any more copies of the card, the problem is, i did not insert him into the deck. Yet when I leave the deck creation tool, I can see Cahir in my collection.

Cannot add Cahir into my nilfgaardian deck. The game says that I do not have any more copies of the card, the problem is, i did not insert him into the deck. Yet when I leave the deck creation tool, I can see Cahir in my collection.

I think they banned it. Maybe it's kind of broken (I don't really know, I didn't run Cahir into any deck so far). E.g., they banned Vran Warriors because they could generate infinite loops.

When placing a card with Melee or Ranged abilities, there should be an indicator when placing the card that an ability can be used on that row. So Melee would have something on only one row, and Melee + Ranged could have it on both.

From someone who’s done a degree in English, loves this game, and has too much time on my hands, I’ve compiled a list of cards and tooltips that aren’t clear. I also believe clarity and consistency is important for the polish of a card game, so I would like to provide some feedback regarding this. This list isn’t exhaustive and likely isn’t all correct given my limited experience with the PTR and the speed of which I am writing this, but I hope some of the feedback is helpful.

Nilfgaardian Knight: Currently uses an apostrophe in the card text, but there are no missing letters. Little grammar mistake that doesn’t affect clarity.
Suggested: Boost an enemy by 2. If there are no enemy units, destroy self.

Pitfall Trap: Unsure if this is only meant to trigger when units are played from hand. Hanmarvyn’s Blue Dream units do not trigger Pitfall Trap in PTR. If units pulled from cards such as Marching Orders or Royal Decree do not also trigger Pitfall Trap, the card text should reflect this. Assuming cards pulled from cards like Joachim trigger Pitfall Trap, we can also specify that it will destroy cards played from deck.
Suggested: Ambush: Destroy the next unit played from hand or deck and on your opponent’s side.

Crushing Trap: While this card is clear, the effect triggers on turn end.

Villentretenmerth: This card’s text is a little wordier than necessary. Scorch has the same effect. There’s also some inconsistency with the “after x turns” mechanic, so clarity on when the effect takes place is also important.
Suggested: After 2 turns, on turn end, destroy a different unit with the highest power.

Cantarella: I was confused when an opponent’s Cantarella played the top card from my deck. I’ve also seen others have similar issues. I would suggest the wording to be closer to current Gwent’s wording. I believe the wording “from the enemy deck” is necessary. Joachim currently has the same text as Cantarella, but Cantarella plays from the opposing deck.
Suggested: Spying. Deploy: Play the top card from the enemy deck.

Joachim: As with Cantarella, it is unclear which deck Joachim is playing from.
Suggested: Spying. Deploy: Play the top card from your deck and boost it by 8.

Ciri: Dash: Unclear whether the card is drawn on turn end or turn start.
Suggested: Draw a card after 4 turns on turn end.

Jan Calveit: I think using “then” is more clear for the sequencing of this card than “and”. This is similar to Emyhr’s wording from Live Gwent.
Suggested: Order: Move a card back to your hand, then play a card.

Order tooltip: I think this is a little wordier than necessary. The “By default” implies that the order functions a certain way unless otherwise specified.
Suggested: Order: Trigger this ability manually. Unless otherwise specified, units with Order are inactive for 1 turn, while artifacts can be triggered during the same turn.

Traheaern Var Vdyffir: Similar to Calveit, I think “then” is more accurate than “and” to how the card plays.
Suggested: Deploy: Look at the top 3 cards in the enemy deck, then move 1 to their graveyard.

Weavess: Incantation: See above.

Hjalmar An Craite: See above.

Dol Blathanna Bomber: See above.

Aguara: True Form: I’d argue that the text should say “Create a Special card”. This is consistent with Francesca, Johnny, and Sarah’s card text. Additionally, it does not alter the meaning of the card text.

Saesenthessis: I think this is a little wordier than necessary.
Suggestion: Immune. Order: Remove this unit’s Immune status for this turn only.

Vilgefortz: The two tooltips do the same thing, but read differently.
Suggestion: Deploy. Melee: Destroy an enemy unit, then your opponent Summons the top unit from their deck. Ranged: Destroy an allied unit, then Summon the top unit from your deck.

Golyat: Inconsistent with Vilgefortz and Tibor’s tooltips.
Suggested: Deathwish: Your opponent Summons the unit with the lowest power from their deck on the opposite row.

Vabjorn: Wordier than necessary.
Suggested: Deploy. Melee: Destroy a damaged enemy.

Wild Boar of the Sea: Wordier than necessary.
Suggested: Deploy. Melee: Damage all damaged enemies by 2.

Roache: Merciless: Does not specify that it loses all charges upon activating the Order.
Suggested: Order: Seize an enemy whose power is less than or equal to this unit’s Charges, then remove all Charges from this unit. Every turn, on turn start, gain 1 Charge. Charge: 0.

Kiyan: This one’s inconsistent with Roache: Merciless and Summoning Circle and could use “Charges” to describe its ability.
Suggestion: Order: Damage a unit by a number equal to this unit’s Charges.

John Natalis
: His ability could be more consistent with a card like Reynard Odo and simplified. I don’t believe the “If this unit is on the battlefield” clause is necessary. If it is necessary, Reynard’s ability should become similar to Natalis’s instead.
Suggestion: Melee: Whenever a unit with Order is played, give it Zeal.

Skjall: Can be more concise.
Suggestion: Deploy: Damage an undamaged enemy by 4. Reach: 2.

Bloody Flail: Other cards that lose Charges use the plural “Charges”. Bloody Flail instead uses the singular.

Cadaverine: Charges should be capitalised to be consistent with cards like Roche: Merciless, and no Charge amount is listed in the text.
Suggestion: Order: Destroy self and all units whose power equals this unit’s Charges. Every turn, on turn start, and whenever you play a Tactic, gain 1 Charge. Charge: 0.

Summoning Circle: The condition for gaining charges is before the Order, which is inconsistent with Roche: Merciless, Bloody Flail, and Cadaverine.

Thaler: While it’s not hard to figure out the Order, this could be clearer.
Suggestion: Deploy: Remove all Charge from an enemy and give them to this unit. Order: Give 1 Charge to an allied unit. Charge: 0.

Nithral: As written, I think the Deploy effect could be interpreted as damaging units adjacent to Nithral.
Suggestion: Deploy: Destroy an enemy artefact. Damage units adjacent to the artefact if the highest unit is an ally.

Udalryk an Brokvar: Could be a little more concise, and Charge isn’t coloured or capitalised.
Suggestion: Deploy: Gain 1 Charge for each damaged enemy. Order: Damage a unit by 1. Charge: 0.

Gutting Slash: I haven’t had the time to test this one, but should the Bloodthirst be to damage a unit by 6 instead? If so, this isn’t stated in the text.

Slave Infantry: Another card I haven’t been able to test. Does it transform an ally into a base copy of Slave Infantry? If so,
Perhaps: Deploy: Transform an allied unit into a base copy of this unit.

Cockatrice: Could be more concise, like Alba Spearman.
Suggested: Deploy: Damage an enemy by 2 for each adjacent Beast.

Siege Tower: Could be more concise, like Alba Spearman.
Suggested: Order. Melee: Boost adjacent Soldiers by 1. Charge: 1.

Artifacts: There seems to be some inconsistency with how artifacts are referenced. Artifacts such as Summoning Circle call themselves call themselves units, while regular units call them artifacts. Avallac’h can give a unit Immune according to his text, but cannot give artifacts or Traps Immune. Vrihedd Dragoons cannot move Traps or artifacts despite having the same text as Milva, while King Demavend III can give Charge to artifacts.
Additionally, Milva is boosted when Traps are played, which further complicates things. Korathi Heatwave destroys a unit or artifact, which implies a difference.

Guest 4305932

Adding to

Incinerating trap seems a bit too strong. It can remove too much cards and basically stop the opponent from playing anything. I think it should be tuned down (3 damage instead of five). You could let the cards use deploy effect before being removed but i like that trap can deny deploy.

We should able to drag and drop cards.

When you activate an order ability for cards that have more than 1 charge "focus" should be removed from that cards so that you need to click it again to use another charge. When you have more than 1 charge for different cards, and you have to use them in order, right-clicking every time to lose the "focus" is bad.

Blue Stripe scout tooltip doesn't say that he creates another copy of the card.

Banish should have a better animation and should be visible in the greveyard (maybe greyed out)

Eithnè punish engines too much. I think it would be good to decrease the charges she gain to 3 in the second round and 2 in third round. This way people will be forced to think when use her instead of using her ability in every round.

1. Very bad optimization. This is the first CCG lagging game on my memory. My video card is screaming. (!)
2. The filter on the battlefield looks like soap. My eyes are bleeding. (!)
3. Animation on the battlefield again made slow. (!)
4. Very bad screen Leader Vs Leader with bad optimization.
5. Very bad main menu.

Uhm, deathmold's ability doesn't trigger after using Foltest leader ability twice.

Also, for the love of christ, fucking PLEASE make it customizable in the settings whether I want my mouse to continue to use order after one use.
This is so annoying.

First of all - thank you for helping us test GWENT!

We will greatly appreciate any feedback you can give us, please leave it in this topic.

In addition, we have prepared a set of surveys regarding cards. We'd love to know how useful you find the cards. Please pick the surveys that correspond to the decks you're playing (for example, if you're playing with Nilfgaard, please pick Neutral and Nilfgaard surveys) and let us know how useful you find each card:
NEUTRAL
MONSTERS
SKELLIGE
NILFGAARD
NORTHERN REALMS
SCOIA'TAEL
I like that the cards are bigger and we can see the animations better.

I'm not a fan of some of the changes. I used to run a Voorhis reveal deck with siege. Now I have a Voorhis reveal deck where my machines get removed before I can do any damage. Furthermore, my leader doesn't help my gameplay anymore. Machine decks are essentially useless at this point.

Old meta: Skellige was the main deck, and it was OP.
New meta: Artifacts are the main deck, and they are OP.

What else? Going first was a huge disadvantage. It still is, unless you can somehow get off an order before someone removes your order cards.

Why is my leader not facing the camera? Isn't this the same company who made Geralt visible to the camera so we could see our hero in TWIII? Where did that idea get lost?

So, after like 20+ hrs in game, this is my feedback.
-Rows are horrible and meaningless. Cards like Vrihedd Officer doesn't need row mechanics, he can just boost when target an ally and damage when target an enemy. Ida doesn't need it either, she can just boost wnen target a unit or destroy when targen an artifact. Ihuarraquax's abilities are on too different powerlevels to ever consider ranged over melee. And so on. Interactions between cards like Ihuarraquax and Ge'els are frustrating and confusing. I don't see any balance purporses in Iharraquax spawning Ge'els only on a melee row when Ge'els works only on ranged. I do really think that spawn mechanics should be reworked according to row restrictions and cards with this restrictions should highlight their preffered row when placed on a board by a player.
-NG reveal is a Hearthstone. Why CDPR, why?
-Usurper isn't fine
-1 mulligan leaders isn't fine
-"Scorch problem" still exist in game. By "scorch problem" I mean a card that shuts down some archetypes entirely, or an archetypes that requires you to have an access to a specific answer or lose. So, the whole matchup is down to this exact anwer, if you have it or not. Sihil, btw
-Hand limit seems fine, players just don't know how to play around it yet. I'm not a huge fan of drawing 3 cards in r3, but it's fine
-Some cards are just a strict copies of each other, like Wolf pack an Wyvern, or Ifrit and Striga
-Coinflip seems balanced, and I think you should give player who won the coinflip a choise to go first or second. Because now some decks prefer going second and some don't
-No bronze tutors is great, I like it
-Provision system is great, 2 bronzes per deck is fine
-No counter for cards left in deck, why?
-Still no good logs for what is going on on a board

Overall, I like the game, I think I like it more than an old Gwent. Its new and its interesting, I'm looking forvard to see the final version.

Back again with my conclusions on Homecoming after around 24 hours playing it.

A lot of people have already talked extensively about all the good things (art, coinflip fix, matchmaker, etc) so I won’t spend any time on them. I also won’t mention gameplay issues due to bugs, wrong voice lines and the horrendous, awfully loud snow storm sounds wild hunt units make when entering the board. Finally, I will not mention issues related to balance of cards as I believe that it is, for now, with barely 24 hours on the game, impossible to make good comments.

What I will focus on are what I think are the biggest problems I have with the current version of Homecoming.It is naturally my opinion and if someone thinks differently, then please share your opinion as well, any criticism can help right now.

On a purely visual level :

• The whole game is a tad too dark. I don’t mean that the colors need to be more vibrant but that the luminosity and contrasts should get turned up a little bit.

• During the enemy’s turn the camera moves to focus on the board, reducing your view of your own hand by 50%. While I don’t think it is a BIG issue, I believe that it should be changed so that the player can move the camera the way they want with, for example, the mouse’s wheel. I found myself trying to scroll down to look at my hand a couple times, wanting to get a good look at my hand while I was waiting for the enemy to play. I think that what I said would be a welcomed quality of life change.

• I think that ordering categories buttons for “artifacts”, “special cards” and “units” should be added to the deck builder. It’d make some researches for a certain type of card quicker and easier.

On a gameplay level :

• I think that “ZZZ” engines are too easy to kill. The only reason as to why some manage to stick to the board right now, is because you’ve been lucky enough to face a deck without removal.

• Some card descriptions are more than unclear, sometime missing words (I am conscious that this probably is already being fixed but I had to mention it).

• Rows STILL don’t matter, or at least not enough. Now maybe that was an expected comment that can only be answered in time once we start seeing some kind of balance and meta in the game, I don’t know. I think that whoever is in charge of card effects at CDPR shouldn’t be afraid to add row restrictions here or there. It's also open more “movement” possibilities. The movement archetype right now does practically nothing but if all engines end up having some kind of row limitations, then movement becomes a good counter for engines heavy decks as just by changing the row on which an engine is, you either stops or changes its power.
  • In homecoming we have more archetypes than we used to in old gwent. Skellige : Bloodthirst, Discard, Self wound, and maybe pirates. Scoia’tael : Traps, Dryads, Dwarves, Elves, and maybe movement. Northern Realms : Charge, Zeal, machines and maybe specters. Nilfgaard : Reveal, Wichers, Tactic and maybe Spies. Monsters : Deathwish, Consume, Immunity (?), Wild hunt and maybe Thrive.

• I am very excited about how all these new archetypes but it is obvious that all of those where I used “maybe” just “aren’t quite there yet”. There are too few dryads, pirates, specters, spies or thriving units for these archetypes to really be a thing despite having interesting mechanics. Now that may be because CDPR is expecting to release new cards for these archetypes in the future but for now some cards have very little synergy with others and that is kind of a problem.

• The game, as many have said, is too slow. It feels like actions take forever to happen, leaders’ charged abilities’ animations are way too slow and feel unresponsive. And there is the “end turn” button as well which participates in making a round last forever. If CDPR sped up the overall game animations by let’s say 20% or something, the game would feel way more dynamic but for now I feel like I’m playing in slow motion. I also think that at the end of your turn, once you’ve played everything you could play, a window should pop up and ask you directly if you want to end your turn or not, so that the player never forgets to press “end turn”.

• And finally, last but not the least, the handsize limit. I’m not against a hand limit and 3 draws per round in itself but in facts, the way it translates is : Player A uses big tempo and passes after 3 turns. Player B catches up at their own pace, before winning R1 “ cards down. R2, each player draw 3 cards and player A ends up with 10 cards while player B has only 7 and can easily dry pass. So player A has now to play 3 cards to free spots in his hand for the cards that he will draw next turn. While the coinflip was a problem in itself and the card advantage was, in my opinion, TOO important in old gwent, the current situation is just as bad because “getting a good pass” isn’t really a thing anymore and the game feels overall less complex when it comes to its management as a whole. Per round the complexity of the game rose while the match’s complexity decreased which gives a very weird tempo to the game and it’s, I think, the main reason why so many people got disappointed in homecoming.

That’s it, I think I’ve summarised most of the things I have to complain about about homecoming after 24 hours of PTR. Don’t get me wrong though, I think homecoming is really good and I’m really excited to see how this game is going to evolve but for now, it is a work in progress and IT SHOWS. I think it’s perfectly normal and that time will fix most of the things that are currently going wrong.

To you fellow, unhappy players, please consider being patient. CDPR made a whole new game in 6 months, half the time such game would demand under other circumstances so OF COURSE it wasn’t going to be perfect from the start, and especially not in PTR. give homecoming its last weeks of preparations and a couple months of life before condemning it. I’m certain that all of our complaints will be heard and answered by some amazing answers.
I love your post. It summarizes my thoughts completely.

For emphasis though, I need to add a point that isn't being mentioned.

I really should be looking at my leaders' faces, instead of their butts.

Top Bottom